6 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

.How do you search for them?  I am on the site and I can't find them.  ALso, when I do search for something it says it is searching through 1415 elements, which is certainly not even close to all Lego elements.   Am I doing something wrong?

You need "replacement parts" at the bottom of the page (Lego Shop) not "pick a brick", fill out age and country, fill in set #, the part list will come up. Then order away.

@nerdsforprez you need Replacement Parts, not pick-a-brick. Here Click buy bricks, then search 42099. 

Looks like the fun parts are still in stock. It changes daily, so order while they are available. 

8 hours ago, 1963maniac said:

You need "replacement parts" at the bottom of the page (Lego Shop) not "pick a brick", fill out age and country, fill in set #, the part list will come up. Then order away.

5 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

@nerdsforprez you need Replacement Parts, not pick-a-brick. Here Click buy bricks, then search 42099. 

Looks like the fun parts are still in stock. It changes daily, so order while they are available. 

Thank you both for the responses. 

One thing I don't think has been mentioned yet is that how many other sets do folks anticipate these parts being in?  What is their potential?  For the hubs it may be tempting to think that crawlers, because of their need for strength, high RPM prior to hubs with reduction later on, really may be one of the few applications but I doubt it. 

The reason why is that based on what others think I may just wait until future releases when the same parts might be released but without the Control+ parts that increase the price.  Hard to tell what contributes to the price hike more, the Control+ or the new elements.  Likely a combination of both but one has to assume, because of the cost of developing the motors, app, etc. it is driven up more by control+.  If this is the case then perhaps a set without C+ gives us the elements we want without the exorbitant price?  Certainly this is only speculation.  Also, I guess as a counterargument it would not make much sense to include such beefy parts without motors, etc. to drive them. 

10 hours ago, andythenorth said:

I use rechargeable AA/AAA, but one of the issue is they're 1.2v vs 1.5v for Alkalines.

You can get rechargable lithium AA batteries that are 1.5v. They are expensive though so I haven't tried them yet, but I'm sure no more expensive than a Lego version would be.

Edited by allanp

Does anyone tried to use it with PU led's? I am thinking to buy one pair, but I am 90% sure that the hub will not connect to the phone if the led's will be connected to the last output... @Sariel, @kbalage maybe you could check it? If you have the PU led of course. Thank you in advance.

@blondasek the Control+ app won't connect to the hub if the led is connected. You can either wait for the Powered Up app's update to support the hub or use a game controller and the BrickController 2 app (currently the Android version support the new hub and it lacks calibration for the steering).

13 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

The reason why is that based on what others think I may just wait until future releases when the same parts might be released but without the Control+ parts that increase the price.

I have been thinking about this as well, but I'm not sure how useful these new wheel hubs are if the model is not motorized. Maybe if they make sets "Control+ upgradable" with a motor set similar to the 8293 Power Functions Motor Set.

I prefer it when manual models with fake engines have their engines geared up to spin quite fast when you push them. I think 8868's V6 was geared up 6:1 so the new hubs might not be so out of place.

Edited by allanp

On 8/8/2019 at 3:41 PM, allanp said:

There's a few options. There's two places for altering the gearing on each axle. You have 5 different speeds to choose from.

20:12 + 20:12 (as the set comes as standard) (fastest but weakest, motors cut out often)

20:12 + 16:16 

16:16 + 16:16 or 12:20 + 20:12 (middle ground, crawling and speed isn't too bad and the hub never seems to cut power to the motors)

12:20 + 16:16

12:20 + 12:20 (slowest but crawls extremely well)

I have switched from 20:12 to 12:20 on each motor and the crawling is so nice now. It passed my pillow track :)

I have tried setting the tires the "wrong" way and it seems to be crawling better :)

It might have been asked already and if so, I apologise for not reading the whole last few pages, but has anyone considered, how much gearing down can the hub actually handle without damaging the internal gearing? I hope it is not even possible to damage it and that other cheaper components (normal gears) would break before the hubs internal gearing gets worn or broken.

Best regards,

Miha

8 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

It might have been asked already and if so, I apologise for not reading the whole last few pages, but has anyone considered, how much gearing down can the hub actually handle without damaging the internal gearing? I hope it is not even possible to damage it and that other cheaper components (normal gears) would break before the hubs internal gearing gets worn or broken.

Best regards,

Miha

I asked that question but understandably it seems no one, including myself, is willing to test their lovely new reduction hubs to destruction to find out. Though if I had a YouTube channel that makes some income it would be worth it to do a video on it.

Edited by allanp

Let's wait, when those hubs will be available separately (hopefully cheaper). Then, I think, somebody will do those tests.

10 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Best regards,

Miha

I tested mine powered by XL motor and BuWizz in ludicrous mode. No damage to the hub, but the CV joint did get some cosmetic grooving damage.

Do three new motors used on this set all have internal position sensor?

If they do, How to set a specific position of motors via Control+  app?

3 minutes ago, rocklego said:

Do three new motors used on this set all have internal position sensor?

If they do, How to set a specific position of motors via Control+  app?

Yes they have but you can't use the Control+ app for that. You can use them currently with the 2-port hub and the Powered Up app, but the blocks in the app will allow only relative positioning (zero will be the turn-on position).

I believe the price of the new parts will drop when the 42083 was released the new gear middle ring was about £5 its now 0.28 i think we just have to wait for Lego to have built up a stock of them.

I build the 42099 "4x4 X-treme Off-Roader" using the Lego build instructions, but without the new bricks and power functions.

The new XL motors were difficult to replace, because they are a part of the structure. I had to use the old L motor, because it has more connections than the old XL motor.
I used 3 L motors, the 8878 battery and 1 SBrick.

Front axle solution:
Lego-42099-Front-axle-solution.jpg

Motor and new 1x3x3 connector solution:
Lego-42099-Power-function-and-1x3x3-conn

Rear axle solution:
Lego-42099-Rear-axle-solutions.jpg

Grohl just published video on yt with the B model of the 42099.

This looks awesome. Watch / comment so we will get instructions how to build it :)

On 8/6/2019 at 9:30 PM, rm8 said:

I know, you already saw all brilliant reviews of 42099, but...my 60 minutes are not just empty words:) If you want to know more about 42099 with all design decisions taken by TLG, as I see it, you are welcome. Crawler with my own eyes, as designer of 4x4 cars with small experience including working with 41999 set.

My assistant Rishat just translated this review! That's really  high quality tranaslation of my every word, 60 minutes review, FULL Version. Well, hope this was not useless work and lost resources:)

No this wasn't useless at all - it's enormously helpful compared to those automatic translations - though these are sometimes funny, too :wink:. The only problem that remains is that I can't read most of the comments. :sad: I was impressed about what the 42099 can actually do - especially from your second video on that topic where you shooed it through all that mud

I watch(ed) a lot of your videos about your cool vehicles and also like your coverages of those trial events. Would be cool, if you could do (more) reviews of the vehicles that are driven there. A lot of them look really sophisticated.

On 8/6/2019 at 9:30 PM, rm8 said:

Because usually I don't  see many foreign viewers in my channel analytics, but, sure, those 45K susbscribers are not only my native language viewers.

Don't worry, I am really grateful for this service. :classic: