3 hours ago, Bricktrain said:

Those prices look not too bad

Just the 'wheel hub #4' is priced € 7,93 a piece. I really think this is a very steep price. The drive trains alone will cost around € 11 - 12 a/pc. So almost € 50 for just the new drive train parts, while at Amazon the whole set is now € 170. Brings me closer to deciding to just buy the set.

4 hours ago, m3eu said:

Just the 'wheel hub #4' is priced € 7,93 a piece. I really think this is a very steep price. The drive trains alone will cost around € 11 - 12 a/pc. So almost € 50 for just the new drive train parts, while at Amazon the whole set is now € 170. Brings me closer to deciding to just buy the set.

The whole set is always more meaningful decision to buy then just parts...hmm only if you lack space then go for parts only

8 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

The whole set is always more meaningful decision to buy then just parts...hmm only if you lack space then go for parts only

I normally agree with you….but in this case I'm still in doubt; the whole control+ thing is not convincing me yet. Lego came way too late to the BT party (I have the known alternatives in my collection), and it's again a system which is not compatible (yet) with existing Lego electronics. Another consideration concern the poor choices Lego made in the past when ending support pre-maturely on either software or hardware for their sets, rendering them useless to the general user group.

I might buy the set anyway, because the sum of buying the usefull parts separately makes little difference to buying the set.

14 minutes ago, m3eu said:

I normally agree with you….but in this case I'm still in doubt; the whole control+ thing is not convincing me yet. Lego came way too late to the BT party (I have the known alternatives in my collection), and it's again a system which is not compatible (yet) with existing Lego electronics. Another consideration concern the poor choices Lego made in the past when ending support pre-maturely on either software or hardware for their sets, rendering them useless to the general user group.

I might buy the set anyway, because the sum of buying the usefull parts separately makes little difference to buying the set.

I have the same doubts...even existing technic battery box (not train) is to big for my mocs, so at the moment I do not know what to do with smart hub; existing motors that are longer than 6 studs are causing me a headaches and not to mention backwards compatibility question...but I must admit it is nice set...when rock crawler was in market I had to chose it over Unimog and choosed Unimog... and ended up buying PF parts separated until 42030 set

Edited by I_Igor

7 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

existing motors that are longer than 6 studs are causing me a headaches and not to mention backwards compatibility question

If you want compatibility with the PF M motor, the PUp simple M motor (from WeDo 2.0 and the Batmobile) has the same dimensions and almost the same attachment points.

At S@H under the Powered Up theme there are the Hub and the Move Hub, both studded so... trains I guess? There is a remote control but also the mention of an app.

I guess the remote connects directly to those hubs without a mobile, but Is that remote usable with this set?

Also there is a Simple linear medium motor and a Linear medium motor. Is the only difference being studless and studded?

How are those studded hubs different from the one in this set functions wise?

The WeDo hub looks slightly different than the one in Powered Up, is it the same?

No word on PF adapters yet?

I don't know... this looks to be a mess to me.

9 minutes ago, aol000xw said:

I guess the remote connects directly to those hubs without a mobile, but Is that remote usable with this set?

Not yet.

9 minutes ago, aol000xw said:

Also there is a Simple linear medium motor and a Linear medium motor. Is the only difference being studless and studded?

Both are studded. The difference is that the Simple doesn't have an encoder.

10 minutes ago, aol000xw said:

How are those studded hubs different from the one in this set functions wise?

There are a lot of differences, in built-in motors, integrated gyro/accelerometer, type of batteries, and number of outputs.

2 hours ago, AVCampos said:

If you want compatibility with the PF M motor, the PUp simple M motor (from WeDo 2.0 and the Batmobile) has the same dimensions and almost the same attachment points.

On 8/4/2019 at 2:07 PM, pleegwat said:

It doesn't really make sense to release the Control+ hardware apart from the sets until control apart from the sets is available as well.

You're absolutely right. I do hope that won't take too long.

2 hours ago, m3eu said:

Me too. I'll wait until I can see how these motors and the app works in other contexts. I'l pay the price for the new parts that will work well in other applications right now.

1 hour ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

For me so far I see a lot of triple A batteries that are not easy to change!! Not what I was looking forward to!!

How much easier do you expect it to be?? They’re already in a removable little tray, a HUGE improvement over the old PF battery box, where you’d have to claw the last one out.

Edited by Bartybum

@AFOLegofan66 I like new battery system. It is easier to replace batteries. It would be even possible to create model, where You wouldn't even need to detach control box from model, just to easy access battery try and just remove it for battery replacement. Also, as we are hoping, maybe there will be rechargeable battery to fit in that compartment.

1 hour ago, Bartybum said:

......where you’d have to claw the last one out.

Lol.....so true!!! That brings back a tactile memory. Just to think, there is a generation of kids/adolescents that will have same memory when they are in their 40s, 50s, etc.  They will look back on the old BB box and their sore fingers, but with nostalgia....just like i do with the toys of the 80s.

4 hours ago, Bartybum said:

the old PF battery box, where you’d have to claw the last one out

I never had problems with that, I just use one of the battery covers as a crowbar. The PUp hub (the one in the trains and the Batmobile), on the other hand...

Hi all,

I'm let's say new to the Lego.

Got the 42075, 42077, 42082 and recently the 42099.

As for the suspension on the 42099 it feels much softer at front then at back of the car. I am also thinking if changing the setup of the shocks (or w/e they are called) into the double ones like it is in the Bugatti and Porsche. 

I've been following some popular yt channels like Sariel, AustralianLegoFan and RB. (Sorry if I've misspelled the channel name). 

About the gear swaps, what is the sweet spot for you in changing the gears. Basic setup stops too often. 

Edited by Valkyx

38 minutes ago, Valkyx said:

About the gear swaps, what is the sweet spot for you in changing the gears. Basic setup stops too often.

There's a few options. There's two places for altering the gearing on each axle. You have 5 different speeds to choose from.

20:12 + 20:12 (as the set comes as standard) (fastest but weakest, motors cut out often)

20:12 + 16:16 

16:16 + 16:16 or 12:20 + 20:12 (middle ground, crawling and speed isn't too bad and the hub never seems to cut power to the motors)

12:20 + 16:16

12:20 + 12:20 (slowest but crawls extremely well)

Will there be any difference to the performance or structural integrity if the front turntable is flipped so that the black side is in the front?

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

On 8/4/2019 at 1:35 AM, PunkTacoNYC said:

Does anyone know how I could get ahold of the new planetary hubs and CV joints before getting 42099? They aren't even on bricklink yet and I'd imagine they'd be super expensive, anyway. Is it true that I could email TLG and order them individually this early?

They are now available on the Pick-a-Brick site.

Price is fairly high; Male CV joint € 1.58, Female CV joint 1.45 €, Planetary hub € 7.93.

@Jursswhat I really meant to say is that rechargable batteries are the way to go. The LEGO group will supply a lithium battery PU device in time due to pressure from people like us who want to use real LEGO parts for our Moc’s. But in the mean time all those dead alkaline batteries will continue to go to landfill sites world wide...not the best!!

@AFOLegofan66 what's wrong with the rechargeable AA/AAAs? A device with a built in LiPo battery can be thrown away if the battery fails. With the rechargeable batteries you have much more flexibility.

I use rechargeable AA/AAA, but one of the issue is they're 1.2v vs 1.5v for Alkalines.

Edited by andythenorth

Now that the AA battery holder isn't an integral part of the hub they can make Lipo batteries that fit in the hub replacing the AA battery holder, so in that regard is an improvement.

On 8/6/2019 at 12:31 AM, allanp said:

There's no jerky movement AT ALL.

This is key and something that, at least of those I have seen, all current reviews miss.  THis may be one of the greatest benefits from the new hubs.  Virtually all Lego builds have this jerky movement but if the new hubs limit or stop this, .... THAT is a huge improvement.

On 8/6/2019 at 3:36 PM, Thirdwigg said:

The fun new parts, with the exception of the electronics, are now on Pick a Brick through Lego Shop at Home. Just ordered the hubs, CV joints, and others. The prices was a little steep, but less so than 42099 as a whole. Also got some of the new panels from 42098. If you are interested in the new parts, but not the full set, check it out.

How do you search for them?  I am on the site and I can't find them.  ALso, when I do search for something it says it is searching through 1415 elements, which is certainly not even close to all Lego elements.   Am I doing something wrong?