20 minutes ago, kbalage said:

The motors are able to deliver the same perfomance as the PF counterparts, now with the added benefits of Bluetooth, interactivity, sensors etc. From a software perspective the platform still not has the same possiblities like SBrick for example, but it's evolving and I'm sure we'll see the necessary updates coming soon

I feel very positive about control+  - performance is equal to PF but with a bunch of new features, but more importantly, this is at the start of the life cycle, on a platform that will allow rapid updates. 

I'd rather have a new system with bugs at the START of its lifecycle, than a decent system at the end of its. I'm desperate for a programmable option for moc's, but i'm positive that will arrive.. in the meantime, i'm happy to strap-in for the (bumpy?) ride!!

I wonder if we could put the round area of the planetary wheel hubs inside of the hole of a 60T turnable.

edit: never mind, it does not fit :(

Edited by SNIPE

They make it look like you could just rebuild the car after it was dropped of a damn crane...

Bricks are gonna break rather than fly apart on a stable Technic model dropped from that height.

Looking at the reviews and the improved performance off-road achieved by switching the gears. it seems a mod to switch from high to low transmission would be very useful, then it would be as seen on a production 4x4 when moving from smooth to rocky terrain.

1 hour ago, Gray Gear said:

They make it look like you could just rebuild the car after it was dropped of a damn crane...

Bricks are gonna break rather than fly apart on a stable Technic model dropped from that height.

Agree 100%.  While I think it is a cool video that will capture the attention of teens, this is totally misleading.  I laughed at the part where the hand tools were unrolled and a couple of bags of Technic cross blocks were plopped down.  Good luck using those to repair this after it falls 20 meters onto a concrete abutment!

Seems that we can control the Power Hub with the Buwizz app, i've had a short test and it works, except the return to center steer that doesn't return (but works). You can assign the function you want to each motor, this is a very good thing if you want to build mocs with the new C+ parts. 

You wanted. Get it. Dirt now!

10 hours ago, Bubbha said:

Seems that we can control the Power Hub with the Buwizz app, i've had a short test and it works, except the return to center steer that doesn't return (but works). You can assign the function you want to each motor, this is a very good thing if you want to build mocs with the new C+ parts.  

That is a good thing, but im still absolutely baffled by the lack of such support from Lego themselves.

From an official standpoint this is just some RC toy which you happen to build yourself, with little to no thought given to MOCs or MODs, to which i say that at that pricepoint, you can buy proper RC crawlers/trucks which have tons of options for MODs, dont require a smartphone app, and will run rings around anything lego, due to actually being engineered to be high performance RC cars.

Remember the PUp app: at launch it supported the two City trains and nothing else, and look at it now. I fully believe that the Control+ or PUp apps (or, most likely, both) will have more functionality in the future to use the Control+ hub in MOCs.

3 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

Remember the PUp app: at launch it supported the two City trains and nothing else, and look at it now. I fully believe that the Control+ or PUp apps (or, most likely, both) will have more functionality in the future to use the Control+ hub in MOCs.

That's a big maybe.

48 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

I also believe that, and while i'm waiting, i use buwizz app for start MOCing... 

44 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

That's a big maybe.

No, that's simply a question of "when will it happen". 

20 minutes ago, kbalage said:

No, that's simply a question of "when will it happen". 

Spending a lot of money to buy this set hoping that the app will improve isn't very reasonable.

Just now, Akbalder said:

Spending a lot of money to buy this set hoping that the app will improve isn't very reasonable.

If the Control+ app and the default functionality is not satisfactory enough then simply don't buy it yet, wait until the app support will be better. No one is forced to jump on the Powered Up wagon immediately, Power Functions is still here and very much usable.

1 hour ago, kbalage said:

If the Control+ app and the default functionality is not satisfactory enough then simply don't buy it yet, wait until the app support will be better. No one is forced to jump on the Powered Up wagon immediately, Power Functions is still here and very much usable.

This :thumbup:

52 minutes ago, Sariel said:

42099 VS 9398. Includes a pug!

That is a disappointing video Sariel. O wait, let me rephrase that. That is an awesome video, about a disappointing set....well, a disappointingly performing set.

Btw, you are getting better and better in creating/editing those videos mate, very well done!

When (not if) I get one, I'll build it with the transmission gears swapped right off the bat, so that the motors get geared down instead of up. Off-road capability is more important to me than speed. That could invert some of the results in the video.

3 hours ago, vectormatic said:

That is a good thing, but im still absolutely baffled by the lack of such support from Lego themselves.

It's a competence thing.  TLG are good at engineering ABS and power electronics.  They're still not so good at computing platforms yet.  Maybe they'll git gud? :classic:

1 minute ago, andythenorth said:

It's a competence thing.  TLG are good at engineering ABS and power electronics.  They're still not so good at computing platforms yet.  Maybe they'll git gud? :classic:

I don't think it's a matter of "being good at it". It is a choice they have made and they probably had a perfectly good reason for it. But AFOLs tend to focus on MOCs instead of bringing a product to the market. I'd say; be patient, good things will come.

1 minute ago, Jim said:

I'd say; be patient, good things will come.

And, in the meanwhile, BrickController 2 and BuWizz appear to already work with the Control+ hub, so there's no excuse for AFOLs to MOC to their hearts' content.