1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

This is just too much...

Now this teaser is just dumb! :damn: Someone at TLG deserves to be smacked with a 10 pound fish! It kinda feels insulting since I (&some/many of us) have to work quite some time to afford sets at this and higher prices...

Edited by MajklSpajkl

Jim, please can you see to it that whoever did this is banned from going near LEGO for life or, if you can swing it, for longer.

16 minutes ago, ctx1769 said:

It's an extreme vehicle, but not that extreme I'm getting from the video ??

In this case, "extreme" has been redefined to mean "stupid and wasteful".

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

In this case, "extreme" has been redefined to mean "stupid and wasteful".

???

I'm guessing that teaser is the outtakes. Driver probably went to one touch mode accidentally and drove it off the crane :laugh:

2 hours ago, grum64 said:

Jim, please can you see to it that whoever did this is banned from going near LEGO for life or, if you can swing it, for longer.

MajklSpajkl said: Someone at TLG deserves to be smacked with a 10 pound fish!

I wholeheartedly agree!!! I don't understand this Lego attitude at all!!

3 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Now this teaser is just dumb! :damn: Someone at TLG deserves to be smacked with a 10 pound fish! It kinda feels insulting since I (&some/many of us) have to work quite some time to afford sets at this and higher prices...

Then this is a job for him

https://asterix.fandom.com/wiki/Unhygienix

3 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Heh, this guy exactly! :thumbup:

Micha unfortunately I can not find apropriate video with him (Unhygienix). I'm unhappy with myself when ordinary pin broke and to see that :sick:

...but I like this set it looks very playable, and has 4 of my favorite tires

Edited by I_Igor
Writing error

14 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Now this teaser is just dumb! :damn: Someone at TLG deserves to be smacked with a 10 pound fish!

Yes they do... the guy with blue shoe laces in marketing has got it wrong this time.

I have a question that i'm not sure has come up regarding Control + - the promo clips show lots of integration by selecting a specific model. What happens with a MOC? Is there a totally free-form option, or do you have to pick a set that closest to the moc you've built? Apologies if this has been discussed.

14 hours ago, grum64 said:

Hehe. Actually there is a big debate about this video on the LEGO Ambassadors Network. So we are not the only one feeling this way.

13 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

Yes they do... the guy with blue shoe laces in marketing has got it wrong this time.

I have a question that i'm not sure has come up regarding Control + - the promo clips show lots of integration by selecting a specific model. What happens with a MOC? Is there a totally free-form option, or do you have to pick a set that closest to the moc you've built? Apologies if this has been discussed.

I have the same question. For example, will I be able to use control+ on a model working like the 42095? (Having progressive acceleration would be nice to choose when doing wheelies)

1 hour ago, TeamThrifty said:

The Control+ app has only set-specific controls at the moment for 42099 (and most likely will be expanded with controls for 42100). You can use it now to control a similar vehicle with 2 XL motors and one L motor for steering but that's all at the moment. The Powered Up app will be the platform to control custom creations but that'll first require an update to support the new hub and motors, and also a more sophisticated (preferably customisable) interface that can be used to control custom creations. It has a basic interface currently with two sliders but that's pretty limited. Some 3rd party apps like BrickController 2 are introducing support for the new elements so hopefully it'll be possible to control them at least with those apps (until the official update comes).

Thanks for the info... it feels a bit disjointed at the minute. Lets hope there's some merging of these platforms..

18 hours ago, efferman said:

Why the heck someone destroying something not by accident?

18 hours ago, kbalage said:

I have no clue what are they teasing but I really don't like pointless destruction.

18 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Doubleyoo tee effing eff? "Hey people, let's do a video where we wreck our latest product." Solid marketing there, TLG....

Because destroying Lego sets is an effective marketing tool - people like watching Lego explode (just look on YouTube). The toy's advertised as an extreme vehicle, so it's being treated in the extreme.

It's also only a few sets out of thousands produced - the waste is negligible, especially when you compare Lego to other non-reusable toys, MANY of which inevitably wind up in landfill, or stuck down some poor dolphin's throat.

Apparently I'm one of the few that are totally okay and even supportive of this video - it's very surprising to see adults getting so riled up over a rebuildable plastic toy coming apart. I bet nobody here bats an eye when they watch other things get destroyed in slow motion.

18 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Pump the brakes my man - you're taking a marketing video about a kids' toy personally. I'm in the same position as you, but you don't see me getting upset that I can't afford it.

I get the vibe that much of the sentiment against this video is people just getting insecure and perceiving it as someone not valuing their hobby as much as they do.

It might be worth for some of you to step back and put things into perspective my dudes.

Edited by Bartybum

9 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Apparently I'm one of the few that are totally okay and even supportive of this video - it's very surprising to see adults getting so riled up over a rebuildable plastic toy coming apart. I bet nobody here bats an eye when they watch other things get destroyed in slow motion.

Maybe I am one of the few who does not enjoy any slow motion destruction videos, regardless if it is a Lego car, a phone or anything else. Destroying something for "fun" that would be otherwise working and useful is totally against my nature.

I agree as well. Might be viral marketing video, but spreading brainless destruction videos as "cool" and thus setting standards for kids... I don't know, I feel it is way beyond the border of social responsibility - especially nowadays, when it is essential need to educate the next generation to see the world in a more complex and more sensitive way as we might do. I would be very ashamed in place of the marketing head of TLG. Whoever created and approved this teaser, are short sighted people. Sad.

Edited by agrof

Well kids these days want to be youtubers and this video maybe makes sense to that kind of audience.

For me not at all, perhaps I'm too old. I enjoy the simplicity of PF too, no mobile, no app, no crap. I can still use the old 4.5v motors after 40 years. I wonder if that C+ or whatever -I lost track of the many new systems- will work 40 years from now.