15 minutes ago, paul_delahaye said:

The was a little bit of me hoping we would have to assemble to cogs within the reduction hubs......and pop it together

Its good we don't have to...there is probably a lot of lubricant in there to keep everything running smooth under high torque

13 hours ago, JonathanM said:

20% off the other two sets

Thats the kind of starting point i want to see!! Once we get 30% off either this or 42100, i'm all over it!!!

It seems that the Control+ app can only shows the crawler. Do you think that it would work anyway to control any car?

Yes, as long as the same motors are connected in the same ports and are geared similarly (e.g. powering the motor forward doesn't make your car go backwards). It's the same situation as the Batmobile app.

In that case I'm not sure, as in the videos we saw it appears that, on initialisation, the 42099 calibrates its steering to determine the limits and/or the centre.

£179 on ebay - what was the original guesstimate? I seem to think it was 250 euro's? 175 euro's in poland is starting to sound better..

7 hours ago, Akbalder said:

It seems that the Control+ app can only shows the crawler. Do you think that it would work anyway to control any car?

What store are you seeing the app in? I can't find it in NZ App Store.

Ok build complete.  And its past midnight the app has shown up in the NZ store.  

But its time to zzzz work tomorrow :|

wpACEKS.jpg

qeQnLEi.jpg

C7yYRVB.jpg

Just now, jabz10 said:

Good night :wink:

(Thanks for photos)

Few observations:

Works well, however I think it needs some more torque.  Going over reasonable obstacles with 2 wheels is easy enough, i.e. right side or left side.  However both front or rear wheels, it will struggle and then motor cut out kicks in.

The most annoying thing is with the app, I keep inadvertently activating one touch mode since its just a swipe left.  If you aren’t watching your finger placement on the steering, it can happen easily.  Wish I could turn it off in settings.

When you do use one touch mode, it takes a while to get the hang of it, however initially I was confused how it worked due to their description

"Drag a path with your finger in the One-touch screen and watch your model follow it with razor-sharp precision"

I thought you could draw a path and lift you finger off for it to follow the path, not quite, you drag your finger on the screen and it will follow the path as long as you don't run out of screen realestate or lift your finger off the screen.

The second most annoying thing is with the app, once in one touch mode, its just as easy to inadvertently switch back to on screen controls mode with a right swipe.

Edited by jabz10

6 hours ago, jabz10 said:

Few observations:

Works well, however I think it needs some more torque.  Going over reasonable obstacles with 2 wheels is easy enough, i.e. right side or left side.  However both front or rear wheels, it will struggle and then motor cut out kicks in.

The most annoying thing is with the app, I keep inadvertently activating one touch mode since its just a swipe left.  If you aren’t watching your finger placement on the steering, it can happen easily.  Wish I could turn it off in settings.

When you do use one touch mode, it takes a while to get the hang of it, however initially I was confused how it worked due to their description

"Drag a path with your finger in the One-touch screen and watch your model follow it with razor-sharp precision"

I thought you could draw a path and lift you finger off for it to follow the path, not quite, you drag your finger on the screen and it will follow the path as long as you don't run out of screen realestate or lift your finger off the screen.

The second most annoying thing is with the app, once in one touch mode, its just as easy to inadvertently switch back to on screen controls mode with a right swipe.

I swapped the gears that you can see in your last pic (on both axles), now it's a bit slower, but it climbs a lot better.

On 7/28/2019 at 3:07 PM, jabz10 said:

I will be that guy....one of your tired (edit: tires) is mounted incorrectly. Probably because it was past midnight :laugh: :tongue:

59 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

This is just too much...

I have no clue what are they teasing but I really don't like pointless destruction.

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

This is just too much...

Doubleyoo tee effing eff? "Hey people, let's do a video where we wreck our latest product." Solid marketing there, TLG....

2 minutes ago, Philo said:

Maybe @jabz10 is not alone to be tired :laugh:

LoL :tongue: