9 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

It is a new color.

Yup, it is. And I stand corrected. Dark Yellow is what they called it, if I am not mistaken.

19 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

The color is bright light orange. I think we will see this color more and more in upcoming construction vehicles 'cause it fits better than regular yellow

Bright Light Orange is the Bricklink color name?

35 minutes ago, Jim said:

Yup, it is. And I stand corrected. Dark Yellow is what they called it, if I am not mistaken.

Bright Light Orange is the Bricklink color name?

A new color? Not Flame Yellowish Orange/Bright Light Orange (an existing color used prominently in themes like Legends of Chima and the City Jungle Exploration sets)?

New for a Technic set. I'd be surprised if it's not Bright Light Orange.

46 minutes ago, Leewan said:

New for a Technic set. I'd be surprised if it's not Bright Light Orange.

Of course it is Bright Light Orange.
What else could it be ?

It could be regular orange. It should be regular orange. Yet another uncommon colour with only some elements made in it, to make creating consistently-coloured MOCs harder.

For existing bright light orange it looks very dark compared to 60197 train for example. Maybe this is a new or rare color exklusive to this set. Think at brigth green of 42035. It is a shame that it is not regular orange. I would prefer to see the tapered panel in orange

If these new hubs really are planetary, then how are the internal gears protected against dirt?

And about the new clutch part, can it engage and disengage, or is it just another friction clutch?

Btw, when Markus rotates the joint connected to the hub (8:00), I don't really recognize a 5:1 reduction, but maybe that's just me.

Edited by Didumos69

4 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

And about the new clutch part, can it engage and disengage, or is it just another friction clutch?

From the photos at Brickset, it appears to work like the already existing click rotation joints.

59 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

If these new hubs really are planetary, then how are the internal gears protected against dirt?

Yes really, and protected the same way as the planetary system in the pf motors, I guess.

Linear friction clutch. No need for gear mesh anymore to protect the assembly (yay!)

Btw, when Markus rotates the joint connected to the hub (8:00), I don't really recognize a 5:1 reduction, but maybe that's just me.

It's just you. He's rolling the cv between his fingers and the 3 pin part barely moves.

Surprising level of scepticism from an idol of mine....:wink:

Edited by Attika

Anyone noticed that this year is nearly free of gearbox selectors? The entire 2H lineup ist free of it an the only set is the 42094 this year to control the speed of winch ... Lol. The trend goes to "give every function a Motor" or "control every function by hand only". For those who loves gearboxes this Technic year is not good. IT is overall more an AFOL year

Had some time now to watch the videos and I love the new hub and the joints, can't wait to build them into some older models. Really like the removable body as well. The app looks very polished, I agree with @Jim I'd also like to see a fully capable solution from LEGO. My only concern here is the apparent lack of customization. Sure the programming/recording is nice, but what if I want to do a dead simple upgrade and use the 4th port of the hub to add a light? Can't seem to find any way to operate it from the app, and if I'm right that is a huge miss from LEGO.

5 minutes ago, kbalage said:

Had some time now to watch the videos and I love the new hub and the joints, can't wait to build them into some older models. Really like the removable body as well. The app looks very polished, I agree with @Jim I'd also like to see a fully capable solution from LEGO. My only concern here is the apparent lack of customization. Sure the programming/recording is nice, but what if I want to do a dead simple upgrade and use the 4th port of the hub to add a light? Can't seem to find any way to operate it from the app, and if I'm right that is a huge miss from LEGO.

Apparently, that is something which will be added later. Indeed, we really need an option to create our own profiles.

+1 for the removable body :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

Apparently, that is something which will be added later. Indeed, we really need an option to create our own profiles.

I know and I'm sure it can/will be added later, still (if it is correct) it is sad to see that the essence of LEGO which is free build for me is missing from the app at day one. I'm very positive about the whole Powered Up system and Control+ as well but if a simple IR receiver / remote can do more out of the box then I think that software was not properly designed. 

3 minutes ago, kbalage said:

I know and I'm sure it can/will be added later, still (if it is correct) it is sad to see that the essence of LEGO which is free build for me is missing from the app at day one. I'm very positive about the whole Powered Up system and Control+ as well but if a simple IR receiver / remote can do more out of the box then I think that software was not properly designed. 

True. Do we know for a fact that you can't do simple controls, without a full blown profile designer?

18 minutes ago, kbalage said:

can't wait to build them into some older models.

Hell yeah! Last time when I was trying to make my 42029 doing wheelie (it was my fist set after my dark age) I was really disappointed with those (now, may I call them "old"?) CV joints weakness... 

1 hour ago, Jim said:

True. Do we know for a fact that you can't do simple controls, without a full blown profile designer?

It was not mentioned in any of the interviews I saw so far so it might be there but then it's very unadvertised, or its simply not ready and it might change until August. Apparently the app is set-focused just like the Powered Up app with specific controls for the given set. If I remember correctly Jetro from Hispabrick said that there are no further controls beyond the set-specific ones but I'll have that confirmed.

I'm impressed with what I see here. Those hubs look like a great little part, and the electronics seem to be a great improvement. I might have to get this one, and get back into building trial trucks.

12 hours ago, Attika said:

Yes really, and protected the same way as the planetary system in the pf motors, I guess.

Linear friction clutch. No need for gear mesh anymore to protect the assembly (yay!)

It's just you. He's rolling the cv between his fingers and the 3 pin part barely moves.

Surprising level of scepticism from an idol of mine....:wink:

Maybe it's just that I can't believe such great new parts coming. I actually feel like...

15 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

Maybe it's just that I can't believe such great new parts coming.

:grin: I get it, same here. Unbelievably AFOL friendly developement. We aren't used to it, are we? :wink:

10 minutes ago, Attika said:

:grin: I get it, same here. Unbelievably AFOL friendly developement. 

It's very cool to see that TLG designers are actually bringing us the things we are asking/hoping for. Longer LA's, Longer Pneumatics, Bigger turntable (and very big rings), Planetary hubs etc. Some people mention that Technic is going downhill, but I beg to differ. Things are progressing nicely in my book!

And focusing on new electronics is simple necessary to keep the modern kids interested.

14 hours ago, keymaker said:

How do you think guys, this new clutch part will be in 4x4?

I think there is one in each drive train, in between the motors and the differentials, to protect the motors. 

44 minutes ago, Attika said:

:grin: I get it, same here. Unbelievably AFOL friendly developement. We aren't used to it, are we? :wink:

Indeed, we are not used to this. I'm actually getting more and more excited about this model. The rear axles even have stabilizing links (the same hub is used, but with the ball joints aligned horizontally). I also see some triangles in the main structure :thumbup:.

I wonder how the rotation speed of the new XL motors compares to the rotation speed of the PF medium (405rpm) and PF XL motors (220rpm). Given the 5:1 gear reduction, I suppose/hope it's closer to 405rpm than to 220rpm.

1 hour ago, Didumos69 said:

I think there is one in each drive train, in between the motors and the differentials, to protect the motors. 

I hope you are right. In such case 4x4 will be the great part pack for me. The only missing new parts will be the new long LAs and probably new gear. But I can order them separately from BL later on :)