3 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

More fun for the C model builders or in this case B model ones.

True, but less fun for me ;)

3 hours ago, Mestari said:

Yes, no B model is a gripe I have with this and few other newer big technic models from recent past.

Licenced sets in particular are affected, but when the same can be seen in regular sets, this starts to worry. Looks like the new norm now is that it is equally probable to have and not have a B model in a big set. If it has one, frequently it is just a modification of an A model.

Yep, and there such sets like 42030 or 42078 look even way better as they are licensed and have also licensed B-models.

But it really shouldn't be a boring time making C-modes with such a big number of parts (plus the motors...).

On 6/10/2019 at 1:22 PM, kbalage said:

Since it is only a question of the software/firmware I'm sure the support will come, although probably not for the launch of the product. The devs need to find an easy and convenient way to assign the controls of the remote to the different hub outputs and also to assign multiple outputs to single control elements.

The train remote however will only offer bang-bang control, I don't think a train-style speed stepping method would make any sense for a car.

If I understood TLG devs correctly, that should work out of the box, with only limitiation being that, with two channel remote, ports A and C (and B and D) will both answer to same command (which should be ok for crawler).

More interesting for me is that app will control speed of motors, not torque. So, if crawler will go uphill, rotation sensor will detect lower revs and increase power, to keep motor revolutions on same level.

I wonder if the control+ App will support external Controllers. Especialy since iOS13 will support PS4 and XBox Controllers. 

It doesn't hurt anyone, and makes the exsperience 100times better than stupid touch controls. 

1 hour ago, incognito said:

I wonder if the control+ App will support external Controllers. Especialy since iOS13 will support PS4 and XBox Controllers. 

Don't think so, considering the huge variety of external controllers and the potential compatibility/connection issues. Luckily for this purpose we already have BrickController 2 :wink:

In first few minutes of video in this post there are some interesting things about this set like new wheel hub...

On 6/3/2019 at 11:05 PM, zoo said:

I know we live in the age of sensations but come on, judging the colour based on one photo of a catalogue?

It is a new color.

3 hours ago, I_Igor said:

In first few minutes of video in this post there are some interesting things about this set like new wheel hub...

Thank god MK was there to insist on looking at the new parts!

All I can say about the new wheel hubs is..........

I love it! It's even better than I had expected with 5:1 reduction. It remains to be seen if they are sloppy or if they have a more bearing like feel but so far I am very pleased. There is also a built-in ackermann geometry! Can't wait to get my hands on these. The new CV joints also look good from what I can see, definitely stronger but hopefully they will give a bigger drive angle. I think it's funny how Markus at 7:27 had to draw attention to it (thank you Markus :thumbup:). 

Edited by allanp

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

It is a new color.

Yes, we know that now. However, my point still stands. Impossible to know from a photo of a render/another photo.

11 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

The video doesn't show how the planetary gear works inside. :sceptic:

They're not that complex. If I'm correct then the input will be the sun gear, and the planetary gears will be connected to the output

36 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

The video doesn't show how the planetary gear works inside. :sceptic:

I think this will come as a pre-fabricated piece so it's not meant to be taken apart. Plus, why give the copy cats any help?!

When he switched to the app to choose a model there were more sections. I hope there is one to design your own steering layout.

4vPluO9KGk4.jpg78IqrFAe5SI.jpguju8SLONrXs.jpgP5dmIlpRGW8.jpgGPi5LOwXsUA.jpgoW4eZ3XQsQk.jpg

KZFWZJNf8Gg.jpgfDAYwU_M08w.jpg

oXy52mBBld8.jpgaqdpgNK1Wlc.jpg

52 minutes ago, allanp said:

I think this will come as a pre-fabricated piece so it's not meant to be taken apart. Plus, why give the copy cats any help?!

I hope that we will be able to see inside the planetary gear. Lego technic should help us understand how things work.

It is unavoidable to buy this, at least for me. It's just a matter of waiting for some discount.

Not all future sets will have the new planetaries + clutch + joints. In cars as the 1H Porsche they would be nonsensical, so these pieces will come in pricey sets anyway.

And even if you do not want the new control hub & motors (I'm not really understanding why not) the will be easy to sell in the aftermarket.

According the posted pictures there are two different design of this new hub.

Edit: Not really, I got it horribly wrong.  "should have gone to specsavers" :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Attika
fakenews

The fact that the hub has tow balls instead of pin holes means this thing is supposed to be used in off-roaders only.

38 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The fact that the hub has tow balls instead of pin holes means this thing is supposed to be used in off-roaders only.

Do you mean independent suspension vs solid axle? 

The color is bright light orange. I think we will see this color more and more in upcoming construction vehicles 'cause it fits better than regular yellow

Edited by Timorzelorzworz