15 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

The turntable on the front looks a bit strange. It would make sens to have a real usage.

It (and another turntable in the middle of the chassis) does have an usage: to articulate the chassis so as to increase suspension travel. This function doesn't really need a motor

5 minutes ago, sirslayer said:

It looks heavy!!  Should be in all black !!  :) 

I bet it weighs around 1200 grams, with 100 grams tolerance :wink:

EDIT With batteries included

Edited by Zerobricks

Good estimate Zero!!  

I want to say 1500 grams + or - 50 grams cause of the gearing in turnable up front 

5 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The Japanese name is 4x4 Ultimate Off Roader though.

I'll wait until the official name is out.

It's on the box. :wink:

The cab is very sticker heavy. Hardly any of the underlying orange is on display. Not sure if I’ll get this straight away (I’m assuming it’s out in August?) and perhaps wait to see if it gets a discount or if there’s a better set in H1 2020 with the new electronics.

do we know much about the app yet? Will we be able to create our own layouts like sbrick ?

Just now, Seasider said:

do we know much about the app yet? Will we be able to create our own layouts like sbrick ?

All I know is TLG have apparently had problems with it. I reckon it's affected the Liebherr but I don't know about the 4x4. I wonder if that's going to be pushed back as well...

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

All I know is TLG have apparently had problems with it. I reckon it's affected the Liebherr but I don't know about the 4x4. I wonder if that's going to be pushed back as well...

We have live pics of box, so no.

It's getting a pretty mixed reception over there. Looks like @Mestari and I are united on the no B-model subject, and a few others have raised the issue of this set being futureproof. In that it's likely not.

The weight of the Lego 42099 , under item weight is 5.08lbs  or 2.304kg.. thats very heavy for a crawler ..  I hope the Control+ pulls it off 

If there's nothing new in this set besides the motors and the BBox, I'd love to see a mod with plain old PF components to make this thing futureproof.

It seems to have independent suspension modules on turntables. Doesn’t make much sense to me...maybe the turntables serve some other purpose?

Anyways, this seems like a cool set with CLAAS tires and CONTROL+.

IMO the only reason Lego put independent suspension on this model was to raise the ground clearance of the axles.

I think they had trouble getting significant suspension travel with independent suspension and made the front axles pendular to compensate for the poor travel.

The effect will be that when this model rides on very uneven surface, as suggested by the box imagery, the chassis will tilt along with the rear axles, as if they are a solid whole, and the front axles will do all the suspension work. The images on the box only show the model with it's front axles heavily articulated and the rear axles practically horizontal. That looks cool, but when the rear axles would stand uneven and the chassis along with them, that will look quite unbalanced. They deliberately left out such images on the box of course. Personally I find this really poor design.

I think they are choosed independent suspension setuup to accent on new planetary hubs that open up new possibilities for heavy-duty models without using old portal hubs.

2 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

the chassis will tilt along with the rear axles, as if they are a solid whole

not sure what its for but there seems to be another turntable at the front of the rear axle which may help the travel of the rear suspension. i think its been mentioned before in this thread about a rear axle turntable ?

3 minutes ago, MangaNOID said:

not sure what its for but there seems to be another turntable at the front of the rear axle which may help the travel of the rear suspension. i think its been mentioned before in this thread about a rear axle turntable ?

The rear axle doesn't tilt. The front axle extends all the way back to the rear axle so that turntable you are seeing at the rear axle is the rear support for the front axle. You wouldn't want both axles to be able to tilt freely because the whole vehicle would just flop over to one side or the other.