53 minutes ago, Frequenzberater said:

the mandantory winch. 

I afraid it has no winch :sceptic:

The only possibility to have it is to add some PTO with distribution gearbox to drive the car and pull the hook at the same time, otherwise, it requires one more motor. I wouldn't bet on that.

On small bottom photo (second to the left) it looks like it is really wide model. Thanks @Zerobricks for additional image 

Just now, I_Igor said:

On small bottom photo (second to the left) it looks like it is really wide model. Thanks @Zerobricks for additional image 

It's some 30 studs wide, which is some 3 studs wider than 9398. It's also very short, only 33cm cong.

Just now, Zerobricks said:

It's some 30 studs wide, which is some 3 studs wider than 9398. It's also very short, only 33cm cong.

So it's more or less a near-perfect square?

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

So it's more or less a near-perfect square?

You mixed up studs with centimeters

33cm is around 41 studs.

4 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

That could result with more stability :thumbup:

1 minute ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Since Milan (Grohl) doesn't work on any 1H set, I think this set is his creation,

I dunno, I got a Grohl vibe off the 42094 dumper model. Especially that engine...

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

I dunno, I got a Grohl vibe off the 42094 dumper model. Especially that engine...

He said he didn't work on any 1H set on his FB page.

Hi Forum, and first of all thanks to everybody who contributes information on these new models, it's very much appreciated here. Originally I wasn't going to get the 4x4 but only the Liebherr - now that that one's delayed, I'll probably be too impatient to try out the new Control+ stuff, so the 4x4 it will be for me. So Lego makes some more money from me due to the delay :-)

About the model - does anybody have any guesses whether it will have any type of sensors? Maybe the Technic hub will have an internal tilt sensor (as I think the Boost or the WeDo have)? Or maybe the motors also have sensor capabilities (I think the Boost motors have that)? If the set will not have any sensors, it will be interesting to see whether the Control+ app will have sensor capability. I would guess it does, since already the PoweredUp app has this, but we'll see.

Just now, henning47 said:

Hi Forum, and first of all thanks to everybody who contributes information on these new models, it's very much appreciated here. Originally I wasn't going to get the 4x4 but only the Liebherr - now that that one's delayed, I'll probably be too impatient to try out the new Control+ stuff, so the 4x4 it will be for me. So Lego makes some more money from me due to the delay :-)

About the model - does anybody have any guesses whether it will have any type of sensors? Maybe the Technic hub will have an internal tilt sensor (as I think the Boost or the WeDo have)? Or maybe the motors also have sensor capabilities (I think the Boost motors have that)? If the set will not have any sensors, it will be interesting to see whether the Control+ app will have sensor capability. I would guess it does, since already the PoweredUp app has this, but we'll see.

The hub has internal tilt/accelometer sensors, you can see the graphics showocasing that. Also the new PU motors have step counters in the back of the actual motor, so they can control many RPMs they spin.

On 6/4/2019 at 8:25 PM, Maaboo35 said:

And the same essential functions.

Which really is the only essential functions on a crawler. 

It has the functions that a crawler is supposed to have.  More fuctions inevitably will take away from the one thing u want it to do.  Climb.

For me, the way it achieves a function is often more exciting than what the function actually is. This has all the same functions as the old crawler which for me is one on the most boring sets ever! However there's a lot of hoping that this set introduces planetary gear reduction in the wheels, which is a first for an official set, but it also does it in a way that's far better than what we've been able to do in the past using the old turn tables as it's bound to be stronger and compact enough to get the steering pivot inside the wheel, while also using new CV joints allowing for more torque, smooth rotation at high steering angles and higher steering angles. These changes that amount to greater mechanical realism and new mechanical possibilities make a lot of difference, enough to elevate it from being potentially one of the worst to one of the most anticipated in a long time in my opinion.

Stray observations:

No B-model. Seriously? For the price being asked?

This looks like Aurelien designed it - clock the similarities to the Arctic Truck's colour and bodywork. I'd need a closer look at the stickers, since they're usually a giveaway.

Two XL motors, one large, one hub.

Six AA batteries needed for the hub.

Could be my imagination, or the placement of the arrows, but it looks like some sort of suspension function is happening inside the wheel hubs.