Sign in to follow this  
Brendan Powell Smith

The Brick Testament - Solomon Gets Wise

indexed.gif

The Brick Testament launches a new section of the website today with nine new illustrated Bible stories chronicling the start of the reign of King Solomon:

Solomon Becomes King, David’s Last Words, Solomon Kills His Brother, Solomon Kills Joab, Solomon Kills Shimei, Pharaoh’s Son-in-Law, Solomon Gets Wise, Two Prostitutes, One Baby, and The Wisdom of Solomon.

Here’s a preview image:

1k03_01b.jpg

-Brendan Powell Smith

The Brick Testament - The World's Largest, Most Comprehensive Illustrated Bible

Another awesome edition to The Brick Testament :thumbup:

I still think you have some of the best techniques I've seen, you always surpirse me :cry_happy:

Another awesome edition to The Brick Testament :thumbup:

I still think you have some of the best techniques I've seen, you always surpirse me :cry_happy:

agreed!

i just wish you would post here more often!

agreed!

i just wish you would post here more often!

Aww, thanks! I'll try just for you man! :wub:

:tongue:

Nice work .

Love the minifigs, great use of the ninja and HP torso's.

Also like the wheels for the coloumns. And the tiled floor is sweet too.

Great work :classic:

Your project is very original and very well executed, good technics and photogragphy. Congratulations.

I just wanted (curiosity :blush: ) to ask if you keep all the scenes you build or you reuse the same pieces?

Great work :classic:

Your project is very original and very well executed, good technics and photogragphy. Congratulations.

I just wanted (curiosity :blush: ) to ask if you keep all the scenes you build or you reuse the same pieces?

Thanks for the kind words. As to your question, unfortunately there is almost nothing from The Brick Testament that I've kept intact. Almost everything gets dismantled within a week or two of being photographed (except the sets and characters that I know I'll need to keep around for the next set of stories). There are two reasons for this. One is so I always have the raw materials for the next set of stories. The other is that it would just take up too much room to keep everything intact.

When I do keep stuff around, like The Garden of Eden or the Last Supper, I will eventually find myself pulling pieces off from them that I happen to need at the moment, so after a while they don't look so impressive anymore. Maybe someday if I get a bigger house (or when the Brick Testament museum opens in Denmark in 2017), I'll be able to have a lot more stuff on permanent display. But I tend to think of the photographs themselves as the final product rather than the LEGO structures. And the nice thing about photos is they don't take up a lot of physical space these days.

Best,

-Brendan

An impressive, detailed and pretty funny work. I like how you did the animals too, especially these neat sheep and that nice donkey.

The Wisdom of Solomon chapter´s very comical too! :tongue: