Sign in to follow this  
Ricecracker

Hazel Hare's Grocer

builders_guild.gifindexed.gif

let me start out by saying that all i have fabuland is the the rabbit. And i am not a great photographer

Hazel runs the local grocer, but could she be hiding a second job? Find out!

Overview

hpim0852.jpg

Back

hpim0855.jpg

Apples and rice

hpim0862.jpg

Fish and berries

hpim0864.jpg

Crab and poultry

hpim0865.jpg

No! You dont see anything

hpim0867.jpg

My second job.... an arms dealer/ the edge

hpim0869.jpg

This could be an ad!

hpim0871.jpg

Salute!

hpim0874.jpg

the whole of the Fabulandous gallery

FBG comments much appreciated!

Edited by Pandora

Looks really nice! Love the camera angles. I understand that I shouldn't be talking :blush: , and that Hinckley will probably beat me to it, but you should resize those pics.

I like the rice, especially. Grains that size would end this "shortage" immediately! And I never thought I'd see a Fabuland fig weilding blaster rifles, really creative. Why can't we all have second jobs like that?

Faramir

Edited by Faramir

Looks really nice! Love the camera angles. I understand that I shouldn't be talking :blush: , and that Hinckley will probably beat me to it, but you should resize those pics.

I like the rice, especially. Grains that size would end this "shortage" immediately! And I never thought I'd see a Fabuland fig weilding blaster rifles, really creative.

Faramir

thanks, and yes i did have to take part of it apart for some of the camera angles :tongue:

@Hinckley: I know i need to resize them, i am just not sure how to; I have a Mac. any help would be appreciated

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I love your Fabuland edge! You're not even trying to be subtle. It's just blatant arms dealer! :sweet::thumbup: Nice!

Welcome to the Fabuland Revolution ricecracker. I like the idea of a grocer a lot and you've even captured a nice cottagey feel. They layout of the store with the food is pretty smart. I will offer some constructive criticism, and like Exobuilder, please don't take it as insulting, but as helping a fellow member of the guild improve. You have a great sense for the building and captured the Fabuland fun with only one piece! But I'd like to see a different color roof. With the roof the same color as the walls, it makes it look more like an adobe hut. Like I suggested to Exobuilder, you should look at pictures of real life buildings and try to emulate that with your bricks. That's what I do & it's just advice so you can take it or leave it. It's only my opinion after all. Roofs are meant to carry rain past the foundation, so they usually stick out further than a building's load bearing walls...So I would choose a different color roof and allows some room for eaves.

But welcome to the Guild! This is a great creation and really fits in with our Fabuland Forest world we've been creating. Thanks for sharing and I hope to see more from you.

thanks, and yes i did have to take part of it apart for some of the camera angles :tongue:

@Hinckley: I know i need to resize them, i am just not sure how to; I have a Mac. any help would be appreciated

I still should not be talking, being that I have not successfully resized any of my pics :hmpf_bad: , But if you have photoshop I know that you just need to change the resolution. Other than that, I can't really help, sorry.

While I'm here, I think this might be a good time to ask the question that I've been thinking about for so long... what's so great about Fabuland? i don't mean this in an insulting way, I know that so many people like it so much, but... I just don't get it. Could someone please explain to me what it is that makes you all like it so much? Thanks.

Faramir

Edited by Faramir

But if you have photoshop I know that you just need to change the resolution.

Actually, no. You can change the resolution, but you can also control the pixel width and height. Reduce the dpi (resolution) to 72 and the pixels to 650. Reducing the resolution doesn't always reduce the dimensions. There are settings in Photoshop that allow you to automatically change the pixel width depending on the resolution, but unfortunately on the web, a pic that's 650 x 488 views the same at 300 dpi that it does at 72 dpi, it just takes a hell of a lot longer to load. If you have Photoshop, change the Image Size by pressing apple + alt + i.

If you don't have Photoshop, have you read these tutorials, ricecracker?

yes i have, its just that i have a Macintosh computer.

thanks for the advice by the way!

I've always used Photoshop so I've never actually read that tutorial :blush:

Try searching for an equivalent with Google. I found some information on this site that will set you off in the right direction, I think.

yes i have, its just that i have a Macintosh computer.

thanks for the advice by the way!

Well it should be a breeze on a Mac, Macs Rule!

1) Open the file in iphoto

2) go to the top menus, and select FILE > Then select > EXPORT

3) Click the tab that says File Export

4) Save as a JPEG then select medium or small from the sub menu. Hit EXPORT rename, and save to a place that you remember.

BINGO.

Nice fabuland MOC by the way, although I would love to have seen a bit more colour in the building. :classic:

Mods I can try and do a Mac tutorial with screen grabs, if this would be helpfull for fellow Maccies?

Then maybe I could become EB's MAC expert. LOL :thumbup:

Pretty nice with a good substitutional use of Castle elements. Add some more colors and you´re right on the way! :thumbup:

In the meantime, may I have a baguette filled with a neat sniper rifle...? :tongue:

Neat, but the roof looks a little bare.

In the meantime, can I have a turkey with a MP filling? :laugh:

Pretty nice with a good substitutional use of Castle elements. Add some more colors and you´re right on the way! :thumbup:

In the meantime, may I have a baguette filled with a neat sniper rifle...? :tongue:

Neat, but the roof looks a little bare.

In the meantime, can I have a turkey with a MP filling? :laugh:

thanks for the comments!

sorry Asuka, we dont sell Baguette here, try Wolfrik's Bakery, though for the sniper, i am going to have to check your ID please :tongue: , same with you Zero!

Hey Ricecracker, your house is terrific! :blush: Love it so much! Everything about it fits in very very nicely. I like the part about the gun part, haha. I am not sure if my computer speed is slow, it seeemd that I took a long time to be able to view these pics. Suspected due to its large pic, I think. Nevertheless, its worth the wait to view your Fabuland MOC!

Great job :thumbup:

Hey Ricecracker, your house is terrific! :blush: Love it so much! Everything about it fits in very very nicely. I like the part about the gun part, haha. I am not sure if my computer speed is slow, it seeemd that I took a long time to be able to view these pics. Suspected due to its large pic, I think. Nevertheless, its worth the wait to view your Fabuland MOC!

Great job :thumbup:

Thanks Whitefang! I really appreciate. It is slow because of the size, I am having trouble resizing them :blush: