Sign in to follow this  
T Lego

[MOC] Airbus Eurocopter EC135 (Police helicopter)

Hi everyone,

I would like to present my latest creation to you: A lego technic helicopter inspired by the Eurocopter EC135, in particular the police version. The eurocopter is an iconic helicopter which is widely used by police, fire and ambulance services and for executive transport worldwide. In fact I see these fly over my city almost every day

20190601_165711.jpg

The model presented here is not a very identical copy of the real machine, because I always like to be a bit free with the styling. As a matter of fact this model is in the end more of a display model than something to play with. When I started this project I aimed for a relatively small and compact package with some PF comonents inside and A goodlooking bodywork. I think I found the right ballance between panels flex axles and connectors.

- Dimensions: 47x13x22 Studs

-Weight: 750 g

-Rotor span: 47 studs 

-White and Dark Azure collor scheme

-easy accessible PF AAA battery box

-Motorized main rotor and tail rotor powered by a PF M motor

-Clutch gears for safety

-Tiltable rotor blades powered by a PF M motor

-Controlled using a standard PF remote controller

20190601_165726.jpg

20190601_165739.jpg

Designing the tail (rotor) was probaly the biggest nightmare of this model. All the curved shapes and angles made it very hard to put it together. On top of that, a driven axle had to be placed inside as well. The solotion regarding the tail rotor I came up with was to use a rubber band. I tried using gears as well but it turned out too bulky and very ugly. Another challenge was the Dark Azure collor scheme. Not many parts are available in this collor so that was a huge limitation as well, but in the end it looks much better then most other collors would on this model.

20190601_165813.jpg

20190601_165840.jpg

20190601_165926.jpg

20190601_174315.jpg

And at last a shot together with my Audi RS1 which, despite being built in different scales, look very nice on the shelf next to each other. Also special thanks to everyone here on the forum who helped me with the design on my WIP topic. I won't make instructions for this model, but for my current WIP I will. 

Comments, feedback and questions are as usual highly appreciated!

That is spectacular! You’ve captured the lines very nicely and added so many functions in a small space. I fee you’ve really captured the essence of the helicopter ? well! Congrats ?

14 hours ago, Lox Lego said:

That is spectacular! You’ve captured the lines very nicely and added so many functions in a small space. I fee you’ve really captured the essence of the helicopter ? well! Congrats ?

12 hours ago, mpj said:

Very well done!

Thanks!

@T Legoamazing job! because there is no instructions, could you sell it to me pls, consider my offer, also hw much would you like for it?

Edited by legofan999