Eoin Wallace

Challenge III Mirandor Castle

This is my entry for challenge 3 what will tomorrow bring, on the fortifications categorie.  

Erdan was feeling jealous. He had recently been visited by his old friend Eoin who had told him he was getting put in charge of a castle near the orc marshes. Erdan was jealous because he secretly believed himself the better leader and that Eoin could have paid someone for the leadership! He had followed him there and planned to sneak in and find out.

feeling jealous

After circling the castle, he found an orc who told him he could sneak in through a grate near the keep to get in.

scheming

He found the advice helpful and found himself thinking: maybe orcs aren't that bad after all?

in through the drains

Soon he found himself in a small secluded pool, right beside the keep. All he needed now was some way to get insite...

stealing the keys

After stealing the keys he found it easy enough to get in.

sneaking inside

Unfortunately, when he opened the door there was someone sweeping the floors! He was going to be spotted! So he drew his dagger and killed the unwary servent!

breaking in

He soon managed to climb in to the study, if there was any evidence it would be here! But just as he got to the desk he heard voices and saw Eoin and some soldiers coming up the ladder with swords drawn! he had failed. "Erdan?"said Eoin "why are you here? and looking at my papers..." then Erdan interrupted saying "I was just curious if you had... " Then the captain of the guard jutted in "you are coming with me Erdan, down into the dungeons for breaking into this castle, whatever your reasons were!" then he turned toward Eoin and says "I'm sorry for this unpleasantness, it's sure a good thing that you got here when you did!" This whole encounter left Eoin feeling very uneasy, he was very glad he had a castle at his disposal especially with all the rumours going around. What would tomorrow bring?

caught!

Here are some photos of the rest of the castle:

Mirandor castleMirandor castleMirandor castleMirandor castle

Edited by Eoin Wallace

Nice castle.  I like the battlements.  There is enough color variation to break things up.   The wooden parts are nicely done and add a different vibe to the castle.  The landscaping and rockwork look pretty good.   I like the trees.  The figs are neat and good story to go along with the build.  

11 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

Nice castle.  I like the battlements.  There is enough color variation to break things up.   The wooden parts are nicely done and add a different vibe to the castle.  The landscaping and rockwork look pretty good.   I like the trees.  The figs are neat and good story to go along with the build.  

Thank you:dsweet:

Quite enjoyable little story with an impressive build!  I love the picture where he was forced to draw his sword on the servant.  So much in one photo the "wood work" left of the wall, the jail cells below that still look castle-like, and the floors actually stood out to me.  It looks simple, and I know that appearance doesn't come easy.  I tend to over-build or over-engineer my designs.  I love it!  Great work!

Nice castle mate! 

One thing: you forget ti mention the challenge iii in the title. Judt warning you, for not getting into trouble for that.

On 6/1/2019 at 7:34 PM, Rockstaremcee said:

Quite enjoyable little story with an impressive build!  I love the picture where he was forced to draw his sword on the servant.  So much in one photo the "wood work" left of the wall, the jail cells below that still look castle-like, and the floors actually stood out to me.  It looks simple, and I know that appearance doesn't come easy.  I tend to over-build or over-engineer my designs.  I love it!  Great work!

Thank you! :classic:

On 6/1/2019 at 10:05 PM, kahir88 said:

Nice castle mate! 

One thing: you forget ti mention the challenge iii in the title. Judt warning you, for not getting into trouble for that.

Oh thanks for that reminder I've just changed it! :dsweet:

43 minutes ago, Eoin Wallace said:

Thank you! :classic:

Oh thanks for that reminder I've just changed it! :dsweet:

Stupid Question Warning:  Are there current challenges?  I thought when I looked at them they were all years old...

Great work!  The photography here really sells the intimacy of the scenes and makes me think I'm in a movie in parts.  The level of detail in here is great, with all the interiors, too.  The trees are really outstanding with all the snot work.  I like the variation in roof techniques, and I think your color choices lend to the feeling of a lush, varied vegetation.  Great build, and story to boot!

Lovely castle! It reminds me of a lot of older castle builds in a good way :thumbup: Good choice to mix some dark tan into the walls, and I like the wooden railings.
Excellent battlements, and I like that stout tree :classic:

2 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

Lovely castle! It reminds me of a lot of older castle builds in a good way :thumbup: Good choice to mix some dark tan into the walls, and I like the wooden railings.
Excellent battlements, and I like that stout tree :classic:

Thanks, I'm glad you like it:classic: