Hello!
In march I completed my latest Moc, and today I took some photos.

It's a wheel loader Volvo L 350H in 1.22 scale.

dsc04917.jpg

It is an updated version of L 350G by Lego, which I used as parts pack.

The bucket is in 1.22 scale, so I decided to build in this scale.

dsc04932.jpg

I used XL motor for driving, and M motor for steering, by 2 mini LAs.

dsc04923.jpg

Arm and bucket are controlled by L and M motors, and they have quite good movement range.

dsc04928.jpg

dsc04925.jpg

Battery box and receivers are inside the bonnet.

dsc04915.jpg

dsc04913.jpg

The tyres are third party, 96mm diameter. Sticker are home made!

dsc04942.jpg

dsc04946.jpg

dsc04924.jpg

dsc04944.jpg

I hope you like it! :sweet:

Looks very nice, but (as purist) I would use 94.3 X 38 tires instead 3rd party tires.

3 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Looks very nice, but (as purist) I would use 94.3 X 38 tires instead 3rd party tires.

I've tried them as first choice, but they looked too "smooth" for this wheel loader.

Thanks everybody for the nice comments :excited:

That's a good loader. I liked 42030 as a parts pack but as a model it seemed a bit see through, particularly the front section. Your MOC looks much more solid throughout.

Are the rear light stickers custom? They seem very close to the prototype.

I'm not much of a purist and agree that 42030 tyres are too smooth for this type of vehicle but did you consider 23798 107 x 44 Tractor Tyre ?

Edit: On second read I see the stickers are custom. The rear lights reminded me of 42053 but they aren't the same so nice job on the stickers too!

Edited by ukbajadave

1 hour ago, ukbajadave said:

I'm not much of a purist and agree that 42030 tyres are too smooth for this type of vehicle but did you consider 23798 107 x 44 Tractor Tyre ?

Yes, I considered also those tyres, but they are too big for this model in this scale. Also the "agricultural" pattern is not really suitable for this wheel loader!:blush:

I do not like it, even forgetting that I am a purist the arm and the bucket had to have more travel, I know it is difficult to get but is the best part of doing wheel loaders, it is for me like a dumper without enough bed movement. All real wheel loaders can do this.

hQEBAnv.jpg

1 hour ago, jorgeopesi said:

I do not like it, even forgetting that I am a purist the arm and the bucket had to have more travel, I know it is difficult to get but is the best part of doing wheel loaders, it is for me like a dumper without enough bed movement. All real wheel loaders can do this.

hQEBAnv.jpg

I agree with you for the limited bucket movement (only "closure" with the arm down, like in this photo) but not for the arm movement, which is very close to the real.

I worked about 1 month on bucket range, and this was the best compromise between "close" and "open".

Good luck with your wheel loader! :grin:

2 hours ago, mpj said:

I agree with you for the limited bucket movement (only "closure" with the arm down, like in this photo) but not for the arm movement, which is very close to the real.

I worked about 1 month on bucket range, and this was the best compromise between "close" and "open".

Good luck with your wheel loader! :grin:

I know I am crazy talking about wheel loaders and I apologize for it if I looks rude, for me the movement is the most important part. This one was made four years ago and as you can see you can get more travel with the same or even less pieces than now.

0T5IdxD.jpg

tULqPaC.jpg