Alrighty!  Have I made it to the party? :laugh:

Let's start off with pics of the original set here, shall we?  (Of course, there was a dragon too, but I had neither the time nor the skill set to build a better one of those at the moment, so forget you ever noticed that... :grin:)

Spoiler

70627_alt2.jpg

And the interior, as seen in the show:

latest?cb=20170521194903

And here we are - voila!

47976388156_af03d10b74_z.jpg

Welcome to the Hands of Time's blacksmith's shop, worked by none other but Kai's infamous father himself.  Well, at least, if you don't know what happened you may think of it like that, hahaha - if you have, you already know all the hows and whats and becauses of it all, XP

47976387176_440340bc71_z.jpg

Inside:

47976338263_4ff629cbb0_z.jpg

And well, I had prepared a long and eloquent speech to deliver at this point about everything related to this build and the scene and the set, but time's a-wasting and the hour of midnight cometh on apace and bed is calling, so I think I'll just leave y'all with the goods and hit the hay! :laugh:

At any rate, what with the storms and rain and rules limiting it to three pictures this is all I've got at the moment, but I hope to have some more pics coming pretty soon if you want to head over to my Flickr to see them.  Thanks for viewing, C&C are welcome as always! :classic:

P.s. Oh, and one last thing - this build can only properly be appreciated if you're listening to this in the background at the same time - just saying. :wink:

The wizards arrive always late it seems, despite their own claims. :wink: This is marvelous! You improved colour scheme tenfold, with the tan, dark tan and dark green! The terrain is striking, the exterior and interior architecture have been refined (loooooove the 'waffle' windows! :wub:) and still you managed to retain the opening feature (although you need to remove some grass stalks, right? :tongue:). Hats off! :thumbup::thumbup:

On 6/1/2019 at 2:58 AM, ExeSandbox said:

Woah... :oh3:

:grin: Thanks! 

On 6/1/2019 at 4:40 PM, Exetrius said:

The wizards arrive always late it seems, despite their own claims. :wink: This is marvelous! You improved colour scheme tenfold, with the tan, dark tan and dark green! The terrain is striking, the exterior and interior architecture have been refined (loooooove the 'waffle' windows! :wub:) and still you managed to retain the opening feature (although you need to remove some grass stalks, right? :tongue:). Hats off! :thumbup::thumbup:

Hahaha, thanks Ex! :laugh:  I almost questioned myself with the change from white to tan with the exterior (it would have been a lot easier in white, for one thing! :grin:), but the main thing I was after was getting the inside as show-accurate as possible (as I always do with my Ninjago builds), so tan it was!  For the exterior I did follow the set instead of the show though, for once, since the outside originally (and it was only shown for a split second) was quite lacking, and the set was really nice.  Glad you like those windows!  Those were one detail I was not ready to do without, but I assure you, figuring the right thing out was not easy!  ...And it took an awful lot of brown neck brackets! :laugh:  Thanks again! :pir-sweet:

Yeah, those stalks, hahaha - and those were a last minute addition when I had been incredibly careful all along to make sure nothing would stop the sides from opening completely... :grin: :laugh: 

Massive Upgrade: Check. You knocked this one out of the park Garm, especially with the interior and the perfect landscape. 

You turned this set into a work of art and still kept opening interior functionality. :laugh:  The round windows were the best part of the set and you aced them, and then the floor you did for the interior is so much better than the original there's no comparison!  I really like the hanging weapons too, and the lighted forge sets a beautiful atmosphere.  Really good job on the swamp too!  All in all a really solid entry. :wink: