I wasn't going to post this initially but decided to do so anyway, It's going to take some time before it gets into the next stage.

Windfall Island, as it was when I presented it at Lego World Copenhagen in Februari;

img_7931small.jpg

I apologise for the quality of the pictures, the lighting on these events is rarely optimal for taking sharp pictures.

img_7940small.jpg

One of the latest additions was the Firenze-style tower, which served as the most prominent and tallest building in the center of the town.

It is however going to be replaced later.

img_8057small.jpg

For the next time I exhibit the Island I'll be bringing smaller ships along, these big ones tend to obstruct the view.

img_7945small.jpg

The northern cliffs, with the small soldier fortress on it, is currently being completely reworked into actual cliffs. The light bluish grey rocks were from the beginning a temporary solution to compensate for the lack of bricks and allow me to present a complete Island in the earlier phases.

img_8234small.jpg

Time for some closer views :pir-sweet:.

img_7950small.jpg

img_7954small.jpg

There are quite some rough edges still. I can tell you it's not evident to keep up the quality of a MOC this big, especially considering it has to be moved time from time.

img_7960small.jpg

I don't know where that guy got his drink, the bar isn't finished yet.

img_7967small.jpg

Good old Redbeard seems to have chosen this place to spend his retirement days.

img_7969small.jpg

On this side I originally intended to have a complex structure of piers and scaffolding which I would have called 'Little Venice'. I'm not sure now if I'll ever build that part.

img_7975small.jpg

img_7986small.jpg

img_8001small.jpg

The greatest challenge remains transport solutions. 

img_8003small.jpg

img_8006small.jpg

img_8011small.jpg

img_8017small.jpg

Well, I hope you like it. It might look quite different once finished.

If you were interested in some of the ships part of this display, these can be found on this forum (some of them are quite old though);

Christine, HMS Elizabeth, Red Beard Runner, HMS Marianne, Flying Dutchman, Piercing Flame, Raging FireTrading ship.

I remember seeing this island when you started working on it.  Now it is finished (or is it?) - and it is fantastic.

I strongly hope it will inspire more pirate islands!

:pir-grin:

Amazing Moc. Truly amazing. I like all the small details and the life inside the Moc, the minifigs all look great. The stonework in the houses, the architecture styles and the architecture details like the lion statue are great. Only the really tall house is one of the aspects I myself wouldn't add so quickly. But nevertheless a stunner MOC

Oh the joy of building an island.:excited:

It is a never ending story my friend.

When seeing it irl. I noticed details like the giraffes, the ships and so on.

I do not know if I said it at LW, but what really gets me in the builds are those understated details and decisions that rarely gets noticed.

For instance the variation of terrain, the details on the buildings, the layout in the town and how you have made all it work. These things are impressive, and it is a welcome challenge to spot the advanced techniques used to achieve it.

Only thing that is not up there is the water, it is the economic aspect, I know.:ugh:

BTW nice to finally meet you in person at LW, Copenhagen.

It's always a pleasure to see your island develop.

I really like the different iteration of it as I was lucky enough to see it for real from nearly the begining.

I like the Firenze (or is it venezia) style tower you added.

I hope to see what this island will be in a few month, perhaps in Antwerp brickmania ? :moar:

23 hours ago, Anders T said:

BTW nice to finally meet you in person at LW, Copenhagen.

It was my pleasure :classic:

3 hours ago, Faladrin said:

I hope to see what this island will be in a few month, perhaps in Antwerp brickmania ? :moar:

That is the plan, only, I get distracted quite easily. Lots of other projects coming up. But I have atleast started on a major change on the island already which is good news :pir-sweet:.

I remember this lay out from Lego World.

You've done a great job with the ships and the shape and setting of the island. :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing.