Sign in to follow this  
dathil

AoM: Kervid's Mill

47971950511_983f9c197e_z.jpgMill

"Mitgardia's farmers feed the guild. They are up before dawn and work till well after sunset. They face any number of challenges they can't control, from too much rain to not enough, from diesease to insect infestations."

This will be integrated in a larger layout i'm working on. The mill is my entry to Age of Mitgardia - the mill category.

Hey, this is a great build! The mill’s design is very unique. I love its round shape and the use of the white slopes. 

The plantation is also a nice addition. It must have been a challenge to get all those sand green pieces.

At first sight it kind of seemed like Gerald of Rivia (the Witcher). Any reference?

Keep it up. Looking forward to see it in a larger layout.

Cheers!

On 5/31/2019 at 8:02 PM, Louis of Nutwood said:

Hey, this is a great build! The mill’s design is very unique. I love its round shape and the use of the white slopes. 

The plantation is also a nice addition. It must have been a challenge to get all those sand green pieces.

At first sight it kind of seemed like Gerald of Rivia (the Witcher). Any reference?

Keep it up. Looking forward to see it in a larger layout.

Cheers!

Thanks, glad you like it!

I got the sand green pieces from a PaB, and this is actually the first time I found an use for them :)

I haven't played the Witcher, I only know it from name. So it is not (intended as) a reference :)

Cool mill!  I think you should have made some of the plants taller and some shorter though, so they don't have a mechanical look (being all perfectly aligned). 

On 6/3/2019 at 6:14 PM, W Navarre said:

Cool mill!  I think you should have made some of the plants taller and some shorter though, so they don't have a mechanical look (being all perfectly aligned). 

Thanks for the tip! i'll look into it for the bigger layout; probably can be solved with adding 1x1 plates beneath them.

Cute little mill!  I like how you got a rounded shape out of such a small structure.  I never thought of using the sand green telescopes as grains, but it works!  I like how you kept the build small and to the point as well.  Nice job!

Fun use of the water wheel elements to make a rounded tower shape :thumbup: Good way to incorporate those telescopes too, though Navarre's tip would definitely improved the field :classic:

Really nice! I wouldn't have thought those slopes work so well in this context, you proved me wrong. I might even copy... er... try something similar myself :grin: Can't wait to see the bigger layout! :thumbup: