This car transporter has lots of flexibility for adding power functions. I have also added a winch as an extra function too. I have just finished adding remote control to my model. You can see all the features in this video:

I just found a little error in the instructions on step 37, the red part in the left assembly rotates between step 1 and 2
800x1067.jpg

On 8/17/2019 at 7:03 PM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

He also looks equally baffled as he does in the 42097 B model review...

This guy gets his kicks out of shitting on pretty much everything.

Anyway, the model is ridiculously easy to motorise. I didn't buy it nor do I plan to 'cause to me it's pretty pointless - other than the red wheel arches and red tapered panels it's the same old parts yet again - so I downloaded the instructions and threw together an RC version of the tractor unit. Pics are in this topic:

Does anyone else's instruction manual cut off the right hand side of the liftarm on page 455, or is this intentional?

In any case there were other definite mis-prints so LEGO sent me a new instruction manual.

Edited by SNIPE

Yes, I am indeed seeing the main work being cut off a bit. It's step 95 of the trailer. I was also surprised that this instruction manual was slightly smaller than all of my other ones.

28 minutes ago, pleegwat said:

Yes, I am indeed seeing the main work being cut off a bit. It's step 95 of the trailer. I was also surprised that this instruction manual was slightly smaller than all of my other ones.

Ok, that's fine then. :thumbup:

What a fun model! Full of functions and i all love them. Great built and alread some fine extra cars to build for.

(I've added Matt Walker 42093 c-model formula racer and his Dodge Challenger )

48723132708_ca55c769b2_c.jpg

I was suprised that there is no ramps on the upper deck like there is on the lower deck, just for convenience

On 9/12/2019 at 5:26 PM, JunkstyleGio said:

What a fun model! Full of functions and i all love them. Great built and alread some fine extra cars to build for.

How easy or difficult is it to steer it and drive it with all that extra weight?

On 8/10/2019 at 3:06 PM, S Kettle said:

This car transporter has lots of flexibility for adding power functions. I have also added a winch as an extra function too. I have just finished adding remote control to my model.

Really great upgrade.  Looks awesome

What do you guys think of the set after a year of availability in stores?

Now I can buy it for $100, but I still can't justify the purchase.

On a one hand there are many parts for the price, but no really new parts like xl actuators or new wheel hubs.

On the other hand both A and B models don't appeal to me at all!

I see the truck as a good big toy (like Bruder), but do not see it as a proper Technic set.

Edited by Parazels

@Parazels If you can get the set for about $100 it is a good bargain.

Personally I thing it is a great set. It is a fun build, both A and B model and ready to get you modding. With almost 2.500 parts it is a good parts pack too.

12 hours ago, Parazels said:

On the other hand both A and B models don't appeal to me at all!

Meanwhile it has great C-models, and they still keep coming, so I would compensate some A-B models simplicity...

43 minutes ago, Void_S said:

Meanwhile it has great C-models, and they still keep coming, so I would compensate some A-B models simplicity...

That garbage truck is great! 

Hey there all.

Got this set a few months back & picked up 42093 Corvette over the weekend to add to it. Now I'm wondering if TLG will release more cars to fill it up. Guess well see in 6 months 

2 hours ago, Tazmancrash said:

Hey there all.

Got this set a few months back & picked up 42093 Corvette over the weekend to add to it. Now I'm wondering if TLG will release more cars to fill it up. Guess well see in 6 months 

There is nothing planned for 2H this year... But there is no real need for that, you can bricklink the parts for any of the amazing entries of the recent contest run in eurobricks. From the entry topic linked below you can reach each individual MOC. I am sure there are several who have shared the building instructions in rebrickable, some of them for free (GT40, Tatra, F355)

[TC18] Technic Small Car Contest - Entry Topic

Hey there all. 

I have this set & the Corvette to go with it.  I'm looking at buying 42022 hot rod to go with it. Has anyone tryed to see if it fits?

It should probably fit, but won't look  that good. There are many alternative and add-ons available on Stud-io, Rebrickable and even here on EuroBricks.

48751341271_265ee96d4e_c.jpg

You could even try to build some car yourself out of spare parts.

Edited by JunkstyleGio

5 hours ago, JunkstyleGio said:

even here on EuroBricks.

We recently had a contest making cars that fit this - check any thread tagged [TC18].

Yes I have seen some of the entries. 

There was a nice looking white porsche that caught my eye.

I was just wondering if the hot rod would fit as there's one for sale locally right now.