And the orange Corvette "accidentally" appeared on the same page... )))))))

stickers graphic is so 80s.

(could be good thing for someone maybe)

Edited by J_C

Im quite drawn to the blue car, and the red car on the b-model also looks decent (given the small pics), so i might end up picking up this set, even if i dont care for the transporter, just to build those two cars, and dump the rest in the parts bin, i might even pick up 42093 to get a full range of small scale cars, just have to figure out how to make something decent out of it. (as in, at least looking OK, and maybe give it a proper fake engine and steering)

Not sure that I’ll get the set but I’ll definitely be getting the new colours for the small wheel arch

2 hours ago, Yevhen said:

And the orange Corvette "accidentally" appeared on the same page... )))))))

That's some super-liminal advertising in action.

9 minutes ago, Seasider said:

I assume the Vette will fit on the transporter too? 

The official set description says the Vette is compatible with this set.

8 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

That's the general consensus going.

And that's what official description directly says.

Just now, dimaks13 said:

And that's what official description directly says.

Didn't we all have the same suspicion about the mysterious 42067? If I remember right, lots of people thought it was something that could be towed by 42070...

50 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Didn't we all have the same suspicion about the mysterious 42067? If I remember right, lots of people thought it was something that could be towed by 42070...

42067 wasn't mentioned anywhere officially. 

Just now, dimaks13 said:

True, but that was the rumour. And now we're seeing that theory put into action. In a set also designed by Uwe. Odd.

54 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Didn't we all have the same suspicion about the mysterious 42067?

Except that Corvette is using same wheels, wheel arches, it's probably in the same scale and it is mendtioned in the catalogue. But who knows, maybe it is just a coincidence :))

20 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

Except that 42070 have sticker with "TOW 067", of course fueling speculations about 42067.

Just now, kolbjha said:

Except that 42070 have sticker with "TOW 067", of course fueling speculations about 42067.

I thought the commonly accepted explanation for that was 42070 originally being numbered 42067, and getting renumbered, for whatever reason. Whenever i see some number reference on a set, its always a reference to the set itself, not some other in the same theme (one might argue that in technic, set relations arent really a thing, however in city and other system scale things, themes are much more coherent, and as such could do that kind of reference, but they dont)

The front of the truck looks pretty cool. The use of those bent panels at the front edge of the cabin is something I've never seen done before - feels like a pretty innovative approach to modeling that section.

The grille seems to be all stickers, and I'm not a fan of that. For people who generally don't use stickers (like me) that area's gonna look pretty weird with a bunch of bare red beams.

I'm also not a fan of the off-center pin with pin hole piece at the bottom of the windshield. Notice how there's two axle joiners to the right and three axle joiners to the left (from driver's POV). But then again, I'm a pretty nitpicky builder so I guess that's just me :wink:

The B-model is one of the coolest B-models I've seen - I like how it changes the color schemes of the vehicles.

I think I'm gonna stack the Chevvy, the Chevvy's B model, the Camaro, and the Sports car on the A model. If the A model is compatible with the Chevvy then it should be compatible with the B model as well. because both have the same chasis.

I have checked the size and scale of 42078 close to 42098 and have seen that booth models should fit together very well. It is interesting to see that trucks are getting larger with those tires. For example the 2014 truck 42024 with the same tires is smaller with a 13 studs wide cabin. There is a trend for larger scaled trucks with trailers.

29 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

I have checked the size and scale of 42078 close to 42098 and have seen that booth models should fit together very well. It is interesting to see that trucks are getting larger with those tires. For example the 2014 truck 42024 with the same tires is smaller with a 13 studs wide cabin. There is a trend for larger scaled trucks with trailers.

To be honest, I still believe 42098 is 2L wider than 42078 in totalI have counted it by L-curved panels position (in the front of both trucks, they have the same interval between but 42098 has +L from each side for wheel arches.
However, remembering that the COE (Cab Over Engine) trucks are really wider a bit in order to compensate the limited cab volume: it's really shorter and has an engine inside, yes, right, they are really in a very similar scale.

As for the sizes in general, why not to make them a bit bigger? It makes sense when you're about to make it full of tasty features and functions inside :sweet:

Although this truck is a nice play set, I still can't get over the odd proportions of this vehicle. The dimensions of both the truck and the trailer are so skewed that they're almost  caricatures of the real things. I made some crude cut-and-shunt images to illustrate what I mean:

The length of the truck should be increased by at least half of the current length while the overhang of the upper deck should be reduced. Where I live, these trucks mostly have a single rear axle (although double rear axles exist as well). Below you can see the side views of the original design compared to my virtual MOD and a drawing of a real truck for reference:

640x745.jpg

The trailer has the same dimensional issues and additionally the placement of the axles is just weird (not to mention the use of fold down ramps). Again, I made a comparison between the original, my proposed MOD and a real trailer:

640x741.jpg

I understand that in the interest of costs and play value some compromises needed to be made, but for my taste, the designer(s) went too far.  At the moment I'm rather put of by this set. If I ever do purchase this set, this is what I will have in mind, but for now I don't have the time to spend on a comprehensive MOD:

640x301.jpg

Edited by Cumulonimbus

I think this set is a good playground for Powered UP builds. Just imagine that one motor controls the upper deck and a sensor in the lower structure detects when the car drives in. The sensor could see when something (the car) drives over an control the upper deck. Just an idee, but seems possible.

Official images from LEGO have appeared here: Link Also for the 4x4 and Spider Crane.