It's Uwe's creation.

The way the functions are incorporated in the main truck is amazing! HOG steering behind cabin, another HOG for cabin tilting linked with overhead deck lifting.

And the B model is bloody hell gorgeous. It got me saying OMG I HAVE TO HAVE THIS upon seeing

lego-42098-technic-box2.jpg

lego-42098-technic-box3.jpg

lego-42098-technic-box4.jpg

lego-42098-technic-box5.jpg

lego-42098-technic-box6.jpg

lego-technic-42098-0006.jpg

lego-technic-42098-0005.jpg

lego-technic-42098-details-0006.jpg

lego-technic-42098-details-0005.jpg

lego-technic-42098-details-0004.jpg

lego-technic-42098-details-0007.jpg

lego-technic-42098-details-0009.jpg

lego-technic-42098-details-0013.jpg

lego-technic-42098-details-0014.jpg

lego-technic-42098-details-0015.jpg

lego-technic-42098-details-0016.jpg

lego-technic-42098-details-0017.jpg

lego-technic-42098-details-0018.jpg

lego-technic-42098-details-0019.jpg

lego-42098-technic-box5.jpg

lego-technic-42098-details-0020.jpg

A-model functions:
- Truck V6
- Truck Cabin tiliting linked with cabin overhead deck lifting to reveal V6
- Truck HOG steering behind the cabin
- Truck lowering second deck
- Truck elastic return-to-defaulr car locking cranks that go through rubber 2-stud liftarms on the passenger side
- Truck opening doors

- Trailer lowering rear ramps
- Trailer lowering overhead deck
- Trailer lowering front ramps so that car can drive on truck's lowered second deck.
- Car HOG steering in the back
- Car V8

Car doesn't have opening doors. The trailer doesn't have standing legs.

Truck uses 6 Mack wheels. Trailer uses 4 wheels from 8109. Car uses 4 wheels from Corvette. UW logo on the truck's front grille.

B model consists of:
- 1 big truck with flatbed, using 4 Mack wheels
- 1 trailer using 2 Mack wheels
- 1 show car using 4 Corvette wheels. This car has a Funny Car (42050 Drag Racer) vibe. It has exposed front V6 and a supercharger on top.
- 1 show truck using 4 wheels from 8109. It looks like a boxy fire truck. The rear compartment can be open upward to reveal a V8.

The flatbed truck houses the show car, while the trailer houses the show truck. The colors are swapped. The show car is completely in red and uses the red small wheel arches from the truck in the A model. Meanwhile, the flatbed truck is in dark azure, LBG, and DBG, and uses all the dark azure of the sport car in the A model.

B-model functions as visible:
- Big Truck lowering flatbed
- Big Truck HOV
- Show Car V6
- Show Truck HOG
- Show Truck opening rear deck (like 42070 B)
- Show Truck V8
- Trailer standing legs
- Trailer lowering flatbed.

Parts in new color:

- 5x11 tapered panel in RED
- Corvette wheel arch in RED and DARK AZURE (42070 color)

Rare parts:

- 2x11x3 Steering Knuckle Arm (33299) in RED
- 3x7 shell in RED (first appearance in 42082)
- 2x5 panels in DARK AZURE (appears in 42083 and 42095)
- 3x11 shell in DARK AZURE (appears in 42083 and 42077)
- 5x7 panels in LBG (first and only appearance in 7160 Bionicle Drop Ship)

I spot two gear racks in red holders.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

The rear trailer can be unhitched but all the loading ramps are on the rear trailer?

I like the fact they we will get more and more dark azure parts

Is it dark azure, medium azure or medium blue? Personally I hope for dark azure, as it seems to be becoming the most common of the "weird blues" in Technic.

Just now, AVCampos said:

Is it dark azure, medium azure or medium blue? Personally I hope for dark azure, as it seems to be becoming the most common of the "weird blues" in Technic.

It seems to be dark azure.

Does it have the new long actuators?

Edited by Yevhen

The front of the truck almost bears a resemblance to an IVECO. Uwe has redeemed the 42070....

Edited by Magical Duck

1 hour ago, Yevhen said:

Does it have the new long actuators?

I think it will have Arocs racks instead

Eh... Not really a fan of the color combination of the truck.  LBD, white, and red?  And tons of stickers? 

Also, please oh please TLG, can we get the 3L pin with stop in another color other than brown?  I mean, how many times do  we see the pin sticking out of what is supposed to be looking like a machine and its brown?  Not too many machine-like parts that are brown. and the fact that it looks like a tire hub, and is different color than the rear -- egads, just tacky. 

5 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Also, please oh please TLG, can we get the 3L pin with stop in another color other than brown?

Yeah, I agree.

I don't know if anybody else has noticed this, but there are some new parts on the top racks. It appears to be some kind of wire like piece that is 22 studs long, very thin, and sized for 3mm bars at either end. I really like this piece, and I think it has lots of uses, maybe even as a replacement for flex system, but less speculatively, it would be very useful as pendants on a crawler crane.

One thing that does irk me a little bit is the fact that on the trailer, the controls for the ramps are on both sides, but on the tractor, it's only on one side. This is really annoying for the HOG steering, but other than that, this actually looks kind of interesting. I'm just trying to figure out how this truck has 2400 parts, and just seems so small. Like, as a point of comparison, 8258 had only 1877 parts, but is a far larger and more substantial model. I dunno.

Honestly, when I first saw this set, I was tempted to sneer at it, but seeing actual photos, it actually looks interesting.

22 minutes ago, Saberwing40k said:

One thing that does irk me a little bit is the fact that on the trailer, the controls for the ramps are on both sides, but on the tractor, it's only on one side

Because on the passenger side the sticker space is used to provide information for the crank that tilt the cabin. If the two knobs on the driver side are also present on that side, there will be so space for that information sticker.

Nope. There is plenty of other room for a sticker pointing at the cab lift to go, whether that's on the beam directly above it, or on the panel below or behind it.

As for me, I really looking forward to turn the B-model's hotrod back to it's original red classic car. The middle and rear parts look way tasty :blush:

Is it only me, but I can't recall any other model that contained three different wheel types in such scale? I mean it was a chance to get only 49.5 tires for the truck and trailer. I really like that TLG decided to use three types making the trailer more authentic (they are really usually a kind of low-boys to lower to floor) and to make the third vehicle for the B-model. Is that a kind of hot drift van, right? Imagine it's RC mod with servo+buggy motor :snicker:

@Yevhen, @Mechbuilds, please send these requests via PM too... Jim just came to the main "2019" topic to stop these posts and is going to come into this topic too. I afraid very soon.

I come here to the thread to see potential discussion, and it's just you guys cluttering it up asking for links. I know a bunch of you to have existed on this forum WAY too long to not know not to do it :facepalm::wall: It happened the last batch of leaks and it still happens now. Surprised there aren't harsher penalties tbh.

About the set though - I was looking to be disappointed by it, but I find it quite attractive. I probs won't buy it, but it's definitely interesting nonetheless. I really like how the design language translates directly across from the tractor to the trailer, although I'm not sold on the trailer using different wheels. Imo they should be the same as the tractor's.

Edited by Bartybum

5 hours ago, Yevhen said:

Ngog, share candies, please, via PM.

Just send a PM yourself, instead of asking for it here.

4 hours ago, Void_S said:

@Yevhen, @Mechbuilds, please send these requests via PM too... Jim just came to the main "2019" topic to stop these posts and is going to come into this topic too. I afraid very soon.

:wall: :tongue:

20 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Dark azure for the win. 

* says the president of the dark azure fan club

17 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

I don't know if anybody else has noticed this, but there are some new parts on the top racks. It appears to be some kind of wire like piece that is 22 studs long, very thin, and sized for 3mm bars at either end.

I expect it's   11090.png at both ends of one of those tubes that are used to connect pneumatic hoses.

Nothing new, I think.

22 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

One thing that does irk me a little bit is the fact that on the trailer, the controls for the ramps are on both sides, but on the tractor, it's only on one side. This is really annoying for the HOG steering

Speaking of which, how is HOG done? I don't see beacons and there is no gear to be seen (unless it is buried on the roof in the rack).

24 minutes ago, Magical Duck said:

Speaking of which, how is HOG done? I don't see beacons and there is no gear to be seen (unless it is buried on the roof in the rack).

It's a knob behind the cabin on the driver side. It's on that side only.

9 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

It's a knob behind the cabin on the driver side. It's on that side only.

Doubt it.

It is a black 20t HOG located behind the cabin. I suppose that knob wheel disengages when cabin is tilt.

Cabin tilts with red lever located on the right side of the truck (and deck goes up with a DBG lifarm)

Decks are lowered with https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=27938 + https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=18942