Seaber

Updating Your Harry Potter Minifigures

1 hour ago, Childe_Roland said:

Yep, that's the hair she has in my DA display. Not a perfect fit, but leaps and bounds better than her given hairpiece from the burrow.

Cool. I might pick one up through B+P next time I make an order. :)

3 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Cool. I might pick one up through B+P next time I make an order. :)

For other ideas, I've got a Tonks ready except for a hairpiece using the Wanda Maximoff minifig from AoU. I think this will make a good Tonks, not movie accurate but something she would probably wear to a Weird Sisters concert or something :)

6346792 flesh Head  is available from B&P and would make a great Mundungus Fletcher if you have not made one yet, pair it with the Torso from Hogsmeade and some medium legs and you got a really good likeness!

Here are some of my personal custom figures made mostly from parts from B&P:

Thanks for the heads up on the Mundungus head @Bugbot20082. Just picked that up - so much cheaper than on BrickLink where it seems that you have to buy the whole figure.  Also picked up the Honeydukes torso. I was looking at Harry from Home Alone's torso as a base for Mundungus Fletcher too. But again too expensive on BL and doesn't appear on B&P just yet.

Edited by drewdotexe

After reading the previews on the products of next summer :wub: and hoping that LEGO will give us a lot of satisfaction this year :moar:, I present to you some of my custom minifigures (having some spare time, many other could follow :wink:)

51899235538_a484cb59eb_c.jpgThicknesse; Scrimgeour; Yaxley by Brick Matit, su Flickr

Yaxley: a possible character in the 76403_Ministry of Magic June set if this set is based, as it could be, on the Deathly Hallows. Particular pieces I used for him are 4594432 hairpiece (2010 Malfoy); 3626cpb2067 face (Viktor Krum); 973pb1184c01 torso.

Thicknesse: if the Ministry of Magic set would be DH based, well, Thicknesse could easily be the misterious character. For him I used 6310419 hairpiece (HP Centaur); 6310419 face; 973pb3230c01 torso (Mr Borgin).

Scrimgeour: a character that I fear we will hardly see produced by LEGO (unless we would have a third Harry Potter minifigures collection series), because he appears only in very few scenes in DH movie. By the way, for him I used 4568934 hairpiece (Mr Borgin); 3626cpb2067 face (Viktor Krum); 973pb0899c01 torso.

Enjoy!

Ok, while waiting LEGO to give us Gringotts, Leaky Cauldron or other parts from Diagon and Knockturn Alley (will they :laugh:?) I share with you some custom characters:

51947510708_7ab922f6db_c.jpgGringotts' Goblins by Brick Matit, su Flickr

Griphook: taken from last year Advent Calendar... ok, ok he's not custom :snicker: but I can't avoid to put him in the photo!

Gringott: the owner of the namesake bank. I used 68498pb01 hairpiece (Griphook), 3626cpb0904 face (The Mandarin) and 973pb3230c01 torso (Mr Borgin).

Bogrod: for this bank employee we see in DH movie I used 68498pb01 hairpiece (Griphook); 3626bpb0485 face (2010 Dumbledore); and 973pb4036c01 torso (Griphook and the wizard in Wizarding World Pack).

51948042715_328bc18a1e_c.jpgTom the Innkeeper by Brick Matit, su Flickr

Tom Usual, I presume?, the Leaky Cauldron Innkeeper: I used 21268 hair, 3626bpb0588 head (2011 Ollivander) and 973pb4094c01 torso (Bob Cratchit).

51948043485_ace952c1f0_c.jpgKnockturn Alley Witch by Brick Matit, su Flickr

Knockturn Alley Witch: for this lovely witch from the most welcoming alley in all Britain I used the simple 6131 black wizard hat,  3626cpb2163 head (Minerva McGonagall in 2018 Great Hall) and 973pb3620c01 torso (Death Eater).

Enjoy :wink:

Edited by BrickMatit

I've made some minifigure updates of my own, and I'd like to share them with you.

I put a white short cape and starched rufus collar on Nearly Headless Nick.

20220609_193936.png

Edited by ZeLuiz08

I aim to have ALL students in full house uniforms (I mean black robes) and with medium-sized legs when necessary, currently I've only been able to do this with Gryffindor and Slytherin students. And in order to do that I had to do a big torso swap on my minifigures and at the same time I wanted it to make sense with the characters' personality. I've spared no expense and believe I've managed to come up with the best possible outfit configuration for both Gryffindor and Slytherin students, given the current resources we have on the market.

Starting with the Gryffindor house, which has the most characters. I will start speaking from left to right.
Lavender Brown, Parvati and Padma Patil, and Ginny Weasley, I chose to leave them with their closed black robes, usually female characters walk with their closed black robes at Hogwarts.
Dean Thomas I preferred to leave it exactly as original.
Seamus Finnigan, I made sure to put Ron's clothes, from minifigures collection series 1. If you look at the movies he walks around in pretty sloppy clothes.
Neville, I basically i put version of him from the minifigures collection series 2, with the hair from the first flying lesson.
Hermione, Harry and Ron I did what I like to call the "official customisation", I call it that because it's the customisation most people do, which is to take two minifigures of Harry from minifigures collection series 1 and put the face and hair classic of Harry and Ron. And Hermione I updated her version of the same collection with classic face and hair. I like to have Harry and Ron with their robes open because it reminds me of Chamber of Secrets which is my favorite movie.
Fred and Jorge Weasley I wanted to put them with their robes open because they remind me of something more relaxed as they are. About their hair, I opted for the short hair, because in most of their appearances in the movies that's how they are, but the long hair in the fourth movie is pretty good too.
Oliver Wood, it's interesting to note that I don't see a lot of people doing this, putting him in normal school robes, why? Anyway, I decided to put the basic set of black robes without the red lining appearing with totally black legs without printing, I prefer it that way because there is no impression of normal size legs that fit in torsos of this type.
And lastly Colin Creevey, I decided to put him in a scarf initially for lack of full black robes, however, over time I decided that this really is the best look for him, reminiscent of two of his few scenes in Chamber of Secrets, when he witnesses Ron spitting slugs and when he almost gets hit by Harry and Malfoy at the Quidditch match.
20220610_154015.png

It took a long time to get minifigures in full Slytherin robes, but we finally did.
Unfortunately I have to say that the Tom Riddle that comes on the set of Chamber of Secrets 2021 has a superior torso to the version released with the book in 2020, but I don't like his gray legs, I prefer the legs of the book version.
I built myself a Pensy Parkson, sorry before you ask I don't know what head this is.
The Draco I only put medium legs.
I put Goyle with normal legs, since he's taller than Crabbe, and I put Malfoy's torso from the Astronomy Tower set in Crabbe, because he wears his uniform sloppy in the movies.
Marcus Flit, it was the same case with Oliver.
20220610_154228.png    

Unfortunately I didn't have much to "play" with the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw characters, besides not having many characters, it's not easy to get complete uniforms from these houses, especially for me who live in Brazil. But with what I have I did something.
Susan Bones I put medio legs and a skirt on her, I'm not a fan of these skirts but it's better than nothing.
I only have one torso in black Ravenclaw robes and I preferred to give it to Cho, because I really like the detail of the butterbeer necklace printed on Luna's torso, but if I have the opportunity to get another torso in black robes I intend to give it to Luna.
20220610_154306.png    

Hermione the Cat was one of the minifigures I've wanted the most since 2018, and LEGO finally released her, although I really like her, something was missing that for me was one of the funniest things in the scene, THE TAIL. I thought it was unforgivable that they didn't put the tail on, but luckily, the easily accessible Tasmanian Devil minifigure was released recently, which comes with a tail, which is even ironic because the Tasmanian Devil has practically no tail, and removing his tail doesn't even make any difference . Plus I put brown hands on her.
20220610_154932.png

Updated I the minifigures from the set second task of triwizard tournament of 2005.
I put black hands on the Merpeople.
I put on fourth year Harry's long hair.
I updated Viktor Krum's face and hair, although I don't like Viktor Krum's new face, I did it to match his other minifigures.
20220610_154919.png

Someone said the Werewolf By Night fig from the latest CMF would make a good Firenze from PS. Picked up one today to have a look. 

20231010_131013

Here he is with just the head and hairpiece. 

20231010_130946

And here with the Werewolf torso. 

20231010_130848

And a comparison to the OotP centaurs from the Umbridge's Encounter set. I'd like to try the CMF Centaur body and Orc hairpiece on the centaurs, but I don't have either piece to hand. 

20240123_144711

All six ghosts L-R Moaning Myrtle, Nearly Headless Nick, Bloody Baron, Fat Friar, Professor Binns, Grey Lady. 

Myrtle hasn't changed, Nick has the old Harry hair in lbg and a white ruff. The Baron has the Unkar henchman torso and legs, with the face of the 1920s CMS detective and CMS Judge wig. The Fat Friar has the old Gandalf torso, with the cheerful CMS mime face and Ron's old hairpiece in black - I'd much prefer this in lbg. Prof Binns used the very old Peeves torso which doesn't quite work in the old grey colour, a face from the BAM tower and a white turban, again I would prefer this in grey. Lastly, Helena Ravenclaw is the same that came in the set. 

An idea I had when I saw the Dreamzzz Nightmare King minifigure:

327oqKl.jpeg

A Dementor & the silhouette of the Grim from the PoA Quidditch scene!

On 10/10/2023 at 4:14 PM, Seaber said:

Someone said the Werewolf By Night fig from the latest CMF would make a good Firenze from PS. Picked up one today to have a look. 

20231010_131013

Here he is with just the head and hairpiece. 

20231010_130946

And here with the Werewolf torso. 

20231010_130848

And a comparison to the OotP centaurs from the Umbridge's Encounter set. I'd like to try the CMF Centaur body and Orc hairpiece on the centaurs, but I don't have either piece to hand. 

That was my suggestion, I think either combo looks great! 

On 2/3/2024 at 6:03 PM, Bugbot20082 said:

That was my suggestion, I think either combo looks great! 

Cheers, it was a very good idea, thanks got pointing it out!