Seaber

Updating Your Harry Potter Minifigures

On 6/18/2021 at 4:56 PM, Seaber said:

Gave Hooch black boots. 

That looks great! What figure are they from?

11 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

That looks great! What figure are they from?

I got them from Bricklink, I'm guessing they're were from a b&p or bam, as I can't see them listed as part of an official minifig. 

old thread but thought i’d share my custom charity burbage from the opening scene of deathly hallows pt 1

hair - sharon carter

head - umbridge (regular set)

torso - amy from TBBT 

legs - trelawney 

Brilliant use of pieces there @dyl-and, I may do something similar!

Here's some of my latest updates. Got more to come, working on young Dumbledore, Aberforth and the Gryffindor quidditch team.

I especially like Sirius, it's close enough to his suit appearance in OoTP, and also looks a little threadbare which fits his character stuck in squalor in Grimmauld Place.

Bill is another fave - I don't like the ponytail that's normally recommended for him, I just wish there were more scarred faces out there! This is Anakin's. The dark eyebrows let it down. I was thinking the old Lupin face with the moustache rubbed off, not sure if that is even possible though.

51443708595_a42f5fa1e3.jpgWormtail, Sirius and Neville

51439002033_4f5eea2e10.jpgBill and Percy Weasley

51439505624_62fb64fbf1.jpgGinny and Neville

Edited by drewdotexe

On 9/11/2021 at 7:33 PM, BrickMatit said:

Nice to see people posting on this topic their creations :thumbup:

Good your Charity Burbage @dyl-and.

@drewdotexe I appreciate particulartly your Bill and how many :sarcasm: friendly  faces in your Slytherin Quidditch team :iamded_lol:.

Haha, thank you! Bill is my favourite. I've got a few more in the works that I will post when they are done.

The Slytherin team will have a few heads/hairpieces switched out as there's a few Flints and Malfoys in there but I was going for sarcastic and mean!

51485555556_64cd205976_c.jpg

Angelina Johnson in Quidditch uniform!

Wormtail with a fancy mullet (think this has been done before)

Dobby in clothes! A nice orange scarf and Robin's jumper from Lego Batman movie. Don't know what to do for bottoms. If anything can recommend a jazzy mismatched short leg let me know.

Aberforth Dumbledore - WIP. Trying to work the kilt in but it doesn't go with a lot of other pieces sadly. This may be overhauled. Not even sure about the long beard.

Albus Dumbledore - CoG. I saw this design somewhere else and I do like it, I think the tie doesn't suit but it's passable.

Sirius when he is living outside of Hogsmeade in the cave. Bard the Bowman body.

Sirius in 12 Grimmauld Place. Swapped the hair out for a shorter piece which I think works better for a smarter looking Sirius.

Not photographed is an Arthur Weasley with his old face, I think it looks a bit better than the 2020 head.

Not sure what's up next - I have plans for a casual Fleur, Millicent Bulstrode and Pansy Parkinson, young Tom Riddle, Xenophilius and Andromeda Tonks (if I can find a nice skirt piece).

Edited by drewdotexe

mJuyxvo.png

Wanted to pop in and say I really like Classic Flitwick with Ernie's headpiece. Do note though that the back of the hair collides with the beard piece normally, so you have to bring Flitwick's head up a bit on his neck to have them both fit.

Great thread,

I'm just starting to build up my students for the four houses. Which torsos would you suggest? Is there any other torso available for all houses except the one included in the students pack?

23 minutes ago, KLM said:

Great thread,

I'm just starting to build up my students for the four houses. Which torsos would you suggest? Is there any other torso available for all houses except the one included in the students pack?

Robes from the anniversary sets are available for all four houses too.

2 hours ago, Decat said:

Robes from the anniversary sets are available for all four houses too.

Ah, just seen that. Thank you very much for that info.

1 hour ago, KLM said:

Ah, just seen that. Thank you very much for that info.

Firestartoys sell custom torsos - just the school shirts with a loose tie. Very Prisoner of Azkaban-y feel to them.

I have the Slytherin one and it's really good quality. Might help vary the students a bit.

12 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Not the most groundbreaking of customs but I just realised Gar Saxons head is literally perfect for Mundungus Fletcher.

Screenshot_9.jpg

Nice one! The simple customs are the best.

Which torso is this?

13 minutes ago, drewdotexe said:

Which torso is this?

Mr Flume from the Hogsmeade set. 

Also, just in case anyone is wondering: I prefer the books over the films, that's why my Mundungus figure uses that hairpiece.

fb78593d-1c42-41fa-94e6-e1780becbb60.jpg

What's the best current hairpiece for Zabini? 

sketch-1634314256342

Standard short afro hair

_20211015_171115

CMF Captain America

_20211015_171130

CMF Starlord. 

Sorry, think those Marvel CMF names are right but not 100% sure. I need to update the torso of course. 

On 10/15/2021 at 11:23 AM, Seaber said:

What's the best current hairpiece for Zabini? 

Standard short afro hair

CMF Captain America

CMF Starlord. 

Sorry, think those Marvel CMF names are right but not 100% sure. I need to update the torso of course. 

I think Star Lord’s looks best. It’s a bit too tall, but it has better sides(where Captain Falcon’s doesn’t). 

On 10/17/2021 at 7:14 PM, Vindicare said:

I think Star Lord’s looks best. It’s a bit too tall, but it has better sides(where Captain Falcon’s doesn’t). 

Hmm, I think you might be right. The Star Lord one has very flat sides though. Glad they both look a bit shorter than the standard hairpiece though. 

Edited by Seaber

On 2/24/2020 at 12:42 PM, Micmac said:

The Ghosts of Hogwarts.

Created the missing Ghosts of Hogwarts. Helena Ravenclaw

I like all your ghosts very much, really excellent. Which head did you take vor Helena (I could not find it).

Thanks for all the inspiration to You and everybody else in this thread

8 hours ago, KLM said:

I like all your ghosts very much, really excellent. Which head did you take vor Helena (I could not find it).

Thanks for all the inspiration to You and everybody else in this thread

cheers, its the lego ice queens head from one of the cmf series 

Edited by Micmac

15 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Has anybody tried the Lavender hairpiece from Ninjago City Gardens and Friends set 41391 Hair Salon for a custom OOTP Tonks?

Yep, that's the hair she has in my DA display. Not a perfect fit, but leaps and bounds better than her given hairpiece from the burrow.