Seaber

Updating Your Harry Potter Minifigures

On 8/2/2020 at 8:52 AM, Geertos13 said:

I get your frustration with some of them. Mrs Weasley I personally stick to the 2010 which is such a great figure. For Vernon, I used this customized version for ages before the official one, which I personnaly really like and will probably use now. And Lavender's torso design is great, not fond of the face or hair combo so switched back to my personal preference.

IMG_9209.JPG

I see a lot of people using that hair piece for Lavender Brown, and I have one (not in the right color) but It has no holes. How are you fitting the bow in there?

On 8/3/2020 at 2:01 AM, Seaber said:

I'm going to give Tonks Qi'ra's hair from Star Wars Solo and Mrs Weasley the 2010 version hairpiece. For Vernon I was looking at using the Antoc Merrick face as it looks more like his hair colour in the early films with either the standard male hair, or the 'Mutt' hair in dark tan. 

I have Antoc Merrick, but I wish he had an angry expression, or even just a frown because a smile and a bigger smile doesn’t seem like expressions Vernon would use all that often

Edited by Intergalactic Bricks

16 hours ago, Intergalactic Bricks said:

I want to post some pictures but it says I can only upload 40k or something, how does it let you guys upload photos?

You have to upload then to a photo hosting site then link to them here, Eurobricks isn't meant to be one (only for your avatar picture). Flickr is a popular choice these days.

I made a few more purist custom figures:

LEGO Harry Potter Custom Characters

This is my take on Professor Vector (if lego did an official figure of her I think they should use the CMF princess hair-hat combo), Beauxbatons Carriage driver and a random Ministry official. 

These are full leg ‘room of requirement’ versions of Dean Thomas and Cho Chang, using the new student pack for parts :D. The last figure was inspired by youtuber ‘PotterMinifigPals’ and is the unnamed(?) student from PoA who gets a few creepy lines about Sirius Black.

Finaly for today Pansy Parkinson using Rose Tico head and hair and a very simple Herbology Seamus Finnigan

Edited by Bugbot20082

41 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

The last figure was inspired by youtuber ‘PotterMinifigPals’ and is the unnamed(?) student from PoA who gets a few creepy lines about Sirius Black.

He's called Bem :wink: I really like the coach driver! 

On 8/21/2020 at 2:24 PM, Seaber said:

He's called Bem :wink: I really like the coach driver! 

Thanks! 

So I’m planning to get the 2020 Advent Calendar, and have come up with some uses for the parts of the extra Ron and Harry (I already have the clock tower):

Using Harry’s body which has a white tie here is Neville in his Yule Ball suit:

LEGO Neville Longbottom- Yule Ball

23 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

So I’m planning to get the 2020 Advent Calendar, and have come up with some uses for the parts of the extra Ron and Harry (I already have the clock tower):

Using Harry’s body which has a white tie here is Neville in his Yule Ball suit:

I am going to use Harry's torso and hair for Roger Davies (Fleur's date)

Here are instructions for a few more characters using parts from the student pack as well as various heads and hair I happen to have in my storage.
To complete all of these you will need the Harry and Ron from the AC, and two extra student packs:

First is Pansy Parkinson, same as I posted earlier. If anyone is doing the popular head exchange for Lavender Brown this character would be a good use of the left over Rays’s head:

LEGO Pansy Parkinson

Next is Ron, who’s figure is annoyingly missing right now from the ‘Room of Requirement’ scene:

LEGO Ron Weasley

LEGO Nigel Wolpert

Nigel Wolpert uses a recolour of a hair which became available in BAM towers. Alternatively you could use a brown hair from Emmet, or one of Ron’s if you prefer.

Edited by Bugbot20082

Ernest Macmillan uses one of the extra Draco hair:

LEGO Ernest Macmillan

Another Hufflepuff Zachary Smith:

LEGO Zachary Smith

Finally a Ravenclaw: Michael Corner. I’m really pleased with how this one came together: he uses an extra Draco’s face and the long black hair from a Yule Ball Harry!

LEGO Michael Corner

Edited by Bugbot20082

11 hours ago, SwpBeck said:

I am going to use Harry's torso and hair for Roger Davies (Fleur's date)

That works too! I might brick-link an extra torso then. I’ll want to pick a different hair however to make his look different. What face will you use? I might just use a Malfoy as there will still be extras leftover from buying 3 packs ?

7 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

That works too! I might brick-link an extra torso then. I’ll want to pick a different hair however to make his look different. What face will you use? I might just use a Malfoy as there will still be extras leftover from buying 3 packs ?

I am using a spare Cedric face as i have 3 CMFs

On 8/20/2020 at 9:53 AM, Murdoch17 said:

You have to upload then to a photo hosting site then link to them here, Eurobricks isn't meant to be one (only for your avatar picture). Flickr is a popular choice these days.

Thanks

On 8/21/2020 at 5:41 AM, Bugbot20082 said:

These are full leg ‘room of requirement’ versions of Dean Thomas and Cho Chang, using the new student pack for parts :D. The last figure was inspired by youtuber ‘PotterMinifigPals’ and is the unnamed(?) student from PoA who gets a few creepy lines about Sirius

I commented on the video but it looks like richboyjhae

So as you all know Diagon Alley is about to come out and if there's one thing that's a bit annoying about that amazing set it's the relatively small amount of figures. To make up for that I made a bunch of figures (custom, not based on anything really) with backstories and everything. This is a ''part 1'', I'll post more later. Enjoy and let me know what you think!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Aligan - an extremely old wizard who ran a small shop in Diagon Alley for the better part of a century. Due to his age and his aching back his son took over his 'shop-duties' but he still loves to walk through the Alley and talk to his old comrades from time to time. 

'The Weird One' - a stranger who turned up in Diagon Alley one day and can mostly be seen lurking around the entrance to Knockturn Alley. Nobody really knows who he is but they do know he's not right in his mind. There are also some rumors floating about, telling stories of someone he might have pledged his allegiance to......

Edward 'Ed' Hallow - an elderly wizard who loves nature and brewing potions. He lives at the edge of a small town, comes to Diagon Alley 2 or 3 times a week for supplies and then goes back making his potions again. His neighbours think he's a weird man but behind his ragged looks lies a very friendly person who can become friends with anybody, is loved by many and is never too busy for a good conversation.

Screenshot_22.png

Aberforth Dumbledore - well.... you know who he is :wink:

Alfonso Norrington - a self proclaimed 'adventurer', 'slayer of mighty beasts' and 'collector of vast treasures' who tells a lot of stories about his daring adventures. But the adventurer he once had inside of him is long gone, for he has become incredibly jumpy and gets easily scared. Why? Well nobody really knows for sure but there's a rumor it involves an ambush from a Chinese Fireball and the loss of his leg.

Screenshot_23.png

Harris and Eloise Dunsworth - these two fell in love years ago when they went to Hogwarts together, having both been sorted into Ravenclaw house. While Eloise generally stays at home to keep everything running smoothly Harris is a very ambitious ministry official who works in the Department of Magical Cooperation. Their youngest son Jackson will be starting Hogwarts this year and though they generally don't prefer one house over the other they secretely have their fingers crossed the Sorting Hat will pronounce Jackson a Ravenclaw, much like themselves during their Hogwarts days. 

Jackson and Buck Dunsworth - brothers and the sons of Harris and Eloise Dunsworth. Buck's a daring Gryffindor who doesn't shy away from trouble and will be starting his 4th year when he returns to Hogwarts. Jackson on the other hand will be starting his 1st year at the school and while he's definetely excited he's also very scared of what lies ahead. 

Screenshot_24.png

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

'The Weird One' - a stranger who turned up in Diagon Alley one day and can mostly be seen lurking around the entrance to Knockturn Alley. Nobody really knows who he is but they do know he's not right in his mind. There are also some rumors floating about, telling stories of someone he might have pledged his allegiance to...

Where is this guys torso from? 

They all look good! Looking forward to the next batch. 

2 hours ago, Seaber said:

Where is this guys torso from? 

They all look good! Looking forward to the next batch. 

Thanks, that torso came from Nehmaar Reem from the Hidden Side Mystery Castle. It's available for purchase on B&P's (I ordered the legs as well but it hasn't arrived yet so I had to put some other legs on him for the time being)

https://ibb.co/wL2f5LT

("BRIX LIFE"  on instagram)

This is my 64 HP customs figs.... Do you want a focus on these to see the detail?

6 last in preparation (the 4 marauders, Barty crouch Sr and Rita Skeeter in lemon suit) to have 70 to add in my official collection.

I haven't tried it myself, but if anyone wants to update/create their own Karkaroff, you can use the Hanzo head from lego Overwatch. Thought I would share with whoever wants to try ?

7 hours ago, Metanoios91 said:

I made a few more custom minifigs (to populate Diagon Alley and other parts of the wizarding world)

I love these, I might have to use that hood method on Kingsley myself. 

I posted an image of the owner on another thread I think, were the dark blue wizard parts from BAM? Looks good. 

2 minutes ago, Seaber said:

I love these, I might have to use that hood method on Kingsley myself. 

I posted an image of the owner on another thread I think, were the dark blue wizard parts from BAM? Looks good. 

Yes the dark blue hat, torso and robes were from BAM. You can still find them in some Lego stores if you ask the staff, because they have unopened BAM part boxes in the back, or you can order them on Bricklink (just search "BAM").

@Metanoios91 what face did you use for scrimgeour?

Can someone answer my question?

On 8/19/2020 at 4:30 PM, Intergalactic Bricks said:

I see a lot of people using that hair piece for Lavender Brown, and I have one (not in the right color) but It has no holes. How are you fitting the bow in there?

Edited by Intergalactic Bricks

17 minutes ago, Intergalactic Bricks said:

@Metanoios91 what face did you use for scrimgeour?

Krennic from Star Wars. You can still get him as a really cheap key chain in some Lego store. You just have to remove the chain and metal rod, then you can use the head and white cloak just like on a normal minifig

Edited by Metanoios91