Seaber

Updating Your Harry Potter Minifigures

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

:laugh_hard:oh well, it works well at least xD. Btw the RoR torso for Harry would also work great. Not sure which one I prefer though.

Definetely gonna try that when I get my hands on it

Has anyone tried to put on the CMF green brick guy's hair on Newt Scamander? I wonder of it looks better.

3 hours ago, hoiharry said:

Has anyone tried to put on the CMF green brick guy's hair on Newt Scamander? I wonder of it looks better.

I know I saw it somewhere....it’s either in the HP 2020 thread or the series 20 thread. I’ll see if I can track it down, or if someone else comes along to point you in a more specific route. It does look pretty good. 

Hi guys! Here are my custom Aberforth Dumbledore and Gilderoy Lockhart.

I want to hear your opinions regarding Aberforth's hair. The Saruman hair and beard combo would be perfect for him but we don't have it in light bluish grey and probably never (or at least in a long time) will. Therefore, I'm debating between the modern Ollivander hair(used in this pic), the old Dumbledore hair, and the new Dumbledore hair. The Ollivander hair is not film-accurate (too short etc.) but fits very well with that beard. It was also used on Godric Gryffindor, who also has longer hair than the piece suggests. The old Dumbledore hair was used in the lego harry potter video game (also on Godric Gryffindor in dark orange) but it looks a bit outdated now. The newer Dumbledore hair would be fine but it doesn't fit properly with the beard because of its width. Tell me your thoughts on the hairpiece and the minifigures in general, cheers!

IMG_1314.JPG

On 4/29/2020 at 12:11 AM, hoiharry said:

He's in the third picture with that hair in my latest figbarf (just use the small right arrow in the frame)

_20190717_090417

I had a few spare Saruman beards and painted one be all light grey. I think it looks a bit neat. The kilt is from the Bagpiper CMF, advent calender Luke or the above Bain are much better shouts for the torso. 

51 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

He's in the third picture with that hair in my latest figbarf (just use the small right arrow in the frame)

It works better than I expected but I've grown rather fond of the sleepyhead hairpiece for Newt 

On 5/3/2020 at 9:21 AM, Seaber said:

I had a few spare Saruman beards and painted one be all light grey. I think it looks a bit neat. The kilt is from the Bagpiper CMF, advent calender Luke or the above Bain are much better shouts for the torso. 

What kind of marker or colour brand did you use? It looks very good for a custom paint application. Sometimes it can become too glossy (which is not the case with your paint). Maybe the rubbery material is of advantage here

15 hours ago, Metanoios91 said:

What kind of marker or colour brand did you use? It looks very good for a custom paint application. Sometimes it can become too glossy (which is not the case with your paint). Maybe the rubbery material is of advantage here

It's a citadel paint from games workshop, not sure what shade exactly though. It has come out nicely, I've used it on non-rubber headpieces too, but I'm trying to stear away from painting them these days :) 

9 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

Since we are not getting a Draco in his HBP suit anytime soon, here's my custom version:

That Vanishing Cabinet looks great! Draco is good for the parts we currently have, we need new prints for him

That training dummy is very cool, Metanoios91Only problem is how you manage to let it stand straight. :) And that recoloured hair piece is great, Seaber, maybe there will be an alternative in the near future bc I'm not that great of a painter. Who are the other minifigures? Tonks and Dodge?

Barty Crouch Sr., Regulus (A) Black, Theodore Nott Sr.

BCSr: German soldier face (#3626bpb0203), suit with an old HP cape (#522px1) and a bowler (#95674)

RAB: Black hair (#87991), I used the head and torso from Philip Swift (PotC, #poc021)

TNSr: The graveyard image is the only image I could find and I don't even know if that's him or another nameless death eater. Well, he has the reaper cape (#49486) and a Dr. Who head piece (#3626cpb1444). In the image he sports a long beard, so I used #10052.

Barty Crouch Sr., Regulus Black, Theodore Nott Sr

On 7/17/2019 at 10:46 AM, Seaber said:

My Ravenclaw students (l-r) - Penelope Clearwater, Cho Chang, Marcus Belby, Michael Corner, Luna Lovegood, Terry Boot, Padma Patil and Anthony Goldstein. I'd like to add Roger Davies and Marietta Edgecombe when I get more torsos. 

Which face did you use for Marcus Belby? Can't find it.

(if you haven't changed them - This was almost 1 year ago :D   )

Slytherin Quidditch Team

Adrian Pucey, Cassius Warrington, Miles Bletchley, Graham Montague

Adrian Pucey, Cassius Warrington, Miles Bletchley, Graham Montague

Edited by Ozeloci

6 hours ago, Ozeloci said:

Which face did you use for Marcus Belby? Can't find it.

(if you haven't changed them - This was almost 1 year ago :D   )

Slytherin Quidditch Team

Adrian Pucey, Cassius Warrington, Miles Bletchley, Graham Montague

Adrian Pucey, Cassius Warrington, Miles Bletchley, Graham Montague

Ha, no problem, it's Bombur from The Hobbit. He looks a bit too old, all you see Belby do is eat, so I thought it appropriate :D

Hi I just joined a couple of minutes ago here is my antonin dolohov custom I have a LOT more and I will post them when I find them! Btw how do u change your eurobricks profile?

C02B9CED-A10A-4486-B0E1-54448F463DC0.jpeg

Found My Thorfinn Rowle and Bill weasley customs:

3598AF39-A69C-4B93-ABA4-5E34FC674A7F.jpeg

20 hours ago, Intergalactic Bricks said:

Does anyone here know some good mods for the 2020 figures? A lot of them I don’t like including: nymphadora, mr Weasley, lavender brown, mrs Weasley, and Vernon just to name a few

I get your frustration with some of them. Mrs Weasley I personally stick to the 2010 which is such a great figure. For Vernon, I used this customized version for ages before the official one, which I personnaly really like and will probably use now. And Lavender's torso design is great, not fond of the face or hair combo so switched back to my personal preference.

IMG_9209.JPG

On 8/1/2020 at 8:41 PM, Intergalactic Bricks said:

Does anyone here know some good mods for the 2020 figures? A lot of them I don’t like including: nymphadora, mr Weasley, lavender brown, mrs Weasley, and Vernon just to name a few

I'm going to give Tonks Qi'ra's hair from Star Wars Solo and Mrs Weasley the 2010 version hairpiece. For Vernon I was looking at using the Antoc Merrick face as it looks more like his hair colour in the early films with either the standard male hair, or the 'Mutt' hair in dark tan. 

On 8/1/2020 at 8:41 PM, Intergalactic Bricks said:

Tonks with the Qi'ra hairpiece and AoU Scarlet Witch legs (+ lobster batman cmf arms).

The LM2 CMF Dorothy head would work for Lavender + the Agent 13 hair from CA:CW. 

6 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Question, where is that Moody hairpiece in reddish brown from? I think the post was in 2019 (first page) ☺️

Lego stores build a minifigure. 

48226449732_0426505ae9_z.jpg

My Hogwarts Express needed some train crew (besides the trolley witch, who I do not own yet), so the top three are the Engineer, Fireman, and Conductor. The bottom figs are all random Hogsmeade shop owners.

48226392061_87098bf2f0_z.jpg

This picture includes, but is not limited to, Lord Voldemort, Professor Quirrell, Lucius Malfoy (with his cane), the Carrow brother-and-sister-duo, (lower left corner) plus a few Snatchers and some wizards with dubious reputations.

48226392141_c99650378c_z.jpg

From left to right in the upper row: Headmaster Albus Dumbledore, Prof.  McGonagall, Prof. Lockhart, Prof. Snape, Prof Flitwick, Rubeus Hagrid, Argus Filch, and a custom random Professor.

The students are mostly all as they are in the first round of sets, with the addition of one custom Dean Thomas. (still need to get a Cho Chang / Hufflepuff figure!)