Seaber

Updating Your Harry Potter Minifigures

Crouch Jr., Rodolphus Lestrange, Jugson

Barty Crouch Jr.: The HP CMF is a bit weird (imo). I know it's his shtick, but I wanted a BC Jr mf whose tongue isn't sticking out all the time. :) The hair was contributed by the Zombie Businessman (#20597). The face belongs to the Ostrich Jockey from PoP (#3626bpb0419) and the Torso is #973pb0312c01 (Snape from 2004).

Rodolphus Lestrange: Bellatrix' husband (left bottom photo) has the same gown as the generic Death Eaters (##973pb1761c01) and Aragorn's hair after the king of Gondor has taken a tar pit bath (#88283),

Jugson: Difficult to build bc there is not much info. Seaber's Jugson is more movie accurate (there's just one picture of him being totally petrified). I went with the book depiction (Credence's Torso #973pb3240c01 & Rays face #3626cpb0945 from Lone Ranger.).

Crouch Jr., Rodolphus Lestrange, Jugson

[Maybe I change Jugson.]

Edited by Ozeloci

Carrows, Crabbe Sr.

Alecto: Although it's not the best hair piece for her, the dark orange ponytail suits her. Her face with the evil grin is #3626cpb1323 (Black Widow). Bith-outfit (#973pb1761c019) for her and Amycus.

Amycus: I chose #3626bpb0035 (a lot of german soldiers from the Indiana Jones sets had this particular head piece).

Crabbe Sr.: If there's a 'bald man with an asian beard' head piece someone tell me please. You can't see his muttonchops under his hood, but I will eventually change his face with #3626cpb1793 or #3626cpb0555 with a rubbed off face on one side to represent movie Crabbe Sr. The book depicts him as a corpulent man with black, shoulder-length hair and no beard so that's an option, too.

Alecto Carrow, Amycus Carrow, Crabbe Sr.

Edited by Ozeloci

1 hour ago, Ozeloci said:

Crabbe Sr.: If there's a 'bald man with an asian beard' head piece someone tell me please.

3626bpb0422.png

How about Nizam from Pop? 

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626bpb0422&idColor=90#T=C&C=90

Nice looking crowd of Death Eaters and others, I'm looking forward to some official ones some day to mix my own ones in with :) VERY jealous by how many Bith torsos you have! 

Thank you very much, Seaber! This is the first time I see other people showing their custom HP minifigures and it's cool that some choices I made (for head and hair pieces) are the same as other people like you uploaded in this thread.

And yes, Nizam! :D  I will change that and upload my movie Crabbe Sr. later.

Rookwood & Macnair

Rookwood has face #3626bpb0568 (Scrum from PotC) and Clone Wars Anakin hair (reddish brown #43753 ).

Walden Macnair has Flitwicks hair (#38800), Bith Torso like Rowle (#973pb1761c01), head #49486 (Imperial Officer) and a reaper cape (#49486) for good measure. OotP Macnair has stubbles, but I chose to overlook this detail bc PoA Macnair from the official Lego set doesn't feature this short kind of facial hair, too. :)

August Rookwood, Walden Macnair

Edited by Ozeloci

Cormac McLaggen & Penelope Clearwater

McLaggen: The actor reminded me of Anakin Skywalker, so I chose his Padawan face from SW Episode II (#3626cpb1011) for Cormac.

Clearwater: I looked up the actor for a grown up version. Penelope was quite a popular student, so I used the hair of the trendsetter from CMF series 10 (# 12890). Seaber's choice for her is great, too. Apart from her hair I gave her the brightest smile possible: Ariel's (#3626cpb1555). No, she's not your's, McLaggen!

Cormac McLaggen, Penelope Clearwater

Edited by Ozeloci

2 minutes ago, Ozeloci said:

Clearwater: I looked up the actor for a grown up version. Penelope was quite a popular student, so I used the hair of the trendsetter from CMF series 10 (# 12890). Apart from her hair I gave her the brightest smile possible: Ariel's (#3626cpb1555). No, she's not your's, McLaggen!

It's a great figure but sadly not accurate. Penelope Clearwater was played by Gemma Padley, the picture you used is (or at least resembles) Emma Roberts

You're right. I just assumed it was her after googling the HP character. Although the trendsetter hair is similar to Gemma Padleys hairstyle. And I think the curly hair Seaber used is a bit to overwhelming for her. Maybe a bright yellow Lego Friends Hair piece? Or would you change her face as well?

Just now, Ozeloci said:

You're right. I just assumed it was her after googling the HP character. Although the trendsetter hair is similar to Gemma Padleys hairstyle. And I think the curly hair Seaber used is a bit to overwhelming for her. Maybe a bright yellow Lego Friends Hair piece? Or would you change her face as well?

The trendsetter hair works in-universe but going off photos of Padley I'd suggest Fleur Delacours ponytail. The face works for Emma Roberts(?) but not really for Padley so I'd change that too but idk to what.

I will look into it, thanks! :)

Sirius Black & Luna Lovegood

Black: Before this mf came out I used Frodos jacket (#973pb1140c01) with Qui-Gon's face (#3626cpb1729) and a reddish brown #88283, also known as Aragorn's hair. By getting an official SB mf, I could change that. 

Luna: Her head is probably one of my favourite head pieces from Lego, maybe after the angry clone face :D Well, as I would consider myself a Ravenclaw, I absolutely look forward to the next HP CMF, expecially the lion head piece :)  + A quick reminder to pay attention when folding the skirt, so it looks neat from both sides and nothing sticks over.

Sirius Black, Luna Lovegood

Edited by Ozeloci

Tom Riddle & Millicent Bullstrode

Riddle: German soldier face from the Indiana Jones sets (or Hoth Defense or whatever) and Superman's hair #98726 (although mirror-inverted). One of the 2020 HP mf will be Tom with better Torso and face, but I will keep the hair.

Bullstrode: If you google her, a relatively fat faced girl with brown hair appears. And I just thought "yes, that face (#3626cpb2394) fits perfectly!", I learned just now that it's Eleven's face from Stranger Things. I chose a reddish brown ponytail bc that's her book hair colour (#87990). Other than that, more movie accurate could be a dark brown head piece like #85974 or Aragorn's hair (#88283) again.

Tom Riddle, Millicent Bullstrode

[I don't have enough new 2018/19 Slytherin Torsos yet.]

Edited by Ozeloci

7 hours ago, Ozeloci said:

[I don't have enough new 2018/19 Slytherin Torsos yet.]

Yeah it's pretty much a struggle to get a decent amount of Slytherin and Hufflepuff torsos as they only came in that one set on 1 figure. I hope we get a few more of them in future sets. Still I think the old one still works fairly well, especially for Tom as his uniform is supposed to be a different, older model anyway.

Either way I love the figures you've shown on this page. McLaggen works really well with the Anakin face. I also like your choices for Barty Crouch Junior. I still like the cmf one a lot, but I gotta say the face and hair you used work really well.

Thank you, Huigbert! :) I would appreciate some more Hufflepuff torsos as well... I have a list with different house characters that I still want to create in Lego form and a lot of them are Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff students from the HP books/films. Definitely not anyone from the aweful Hogwarts Mystery rip-off.

Lavender Brown & Cho Chang

Lavender: Okay. I think Lego's Lavender really isn't that accurate nor does the Rey face suit her well. At least Rey's face has freckles - but Anna's face from the Disney Series 2 CMF too (#3626cpb2367). And it's cuter + has pink lipstick, as a bonus! There are no reddish brown hairpieces with a (pink) bow, but Dorothy's hair (#35714pb01) from The Lego Movie 2 CMF. Instead of this particular head piece I chose a more fluffy alternative, Hermione's hair (#90396), either in reddish brown or Agent 13-style (medium nougat, which is the colour Lego chose for Lavender's hair). Nevertheless using Dorothy's hair is also a great choice.

Cho Chang: No groundbreaking new thoughts here. The CMF Cho had a skin tone which was waaaay too dark. I chose Rose Tico's head (#3626cpb1910). It's funny that Seaber chose Paige Tico's head (#3626cpb2091, a very similar head piece). We went in the same direction, because, and I quote, "as both actors are of South East Asian heritage": It's Rose Tico's head for me, because I just wanted a more happy look.

Lavender Brown, Cho Chang

Edited by Ozeloci

10 hours ago, Ozeloci said:

Thank you, Huigbert! :) I would appreciate some more Hufflepuff torsos as well... I have a list with different house characters that I still want to create in Lego form and a lot of them are Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff students from the HP books/films. Definitely not anyone from the aweful Hogwarts Mystery rip-off.

Lavender Brown & Cho Chang

Lavender: Okay. I think Lego's Lavender really isn't that accurate nor does the Rey face suit her well. At least Rey's face has freckles - but Anna's face from the Disney Series 2 CMF too (#3626cpb2367). And it's cuter + has pink lipstick, as a bonus! There are no reddish brown hairpieces with a (pink) bow, but Dorothy's hair (#35714pb01) from The Lego Movie 2 CMF. Instead of this particular head piece I chose a more fluffy alternative, Hermione's hair (#90396), either in reddish brown or Agent 13-style (medium nougat, which is the colour Lego chose for Lavender's hair). Nevertheless using Dorothy's hair is also a great choice.

Cho Chang: No groundbreaking new thoughts here. The CMF Cho had a skin tone which was waaaay too dark. I chose Rose Tico's head (#3626cpb1910). It's funny that Seaber chose Paige Tico's head (#3626cpb2091, a very similar head piece). We went in the same direction, because, and I quote, "as both actors are of South East Asian heritage": It's Rose Tico's head for me, because I just wanted a more happy look.

Looks good. Question: how do you get the skirts to fit so nicely around the figures legs? Mine always look a bit bloated

Hm, I pull them tight? I don't know, sometimes they look bloaty, too, nothing I can do about it. But I think if you use those larger skirt pieces it's easier to have them fit nicely than this shorter variation I sometimes use (#bb0797pb01). They look bloaty ah and not just a bit :/

Tina & Anthony Goldstein

Not much to say about the Goldstein minifigures. I swapped Porpentina's original hair with Qi'ra's (#36037) which is more accurate and looks similar than the headgear piece with the dark brown hair molded to it. Anthony was most prominent in the HP game OotP where he flaunted an expressionless face. I chose Luke's face from 08/09 (#3626bps2) just because I had that face laying around and I found it fitting - brown eyebrows and a dead pan look.

Tina Goldstein, Anthony Goldstein

Seamus Finnigan & Dean Thomas

Seamus: Swapped the dark bluish gray arms with white ones, sweatervest style. As I don't have enough new gryffindor torsos either, I had to settle with the unforms from 2010. They look great with the house symbol (lion or snake) but I prefer the neat look of the new ones. Imo it would be even better if we'd get capes with the house emblems (like in the first HP CMF Series) but with long legs instead of medium ones. I hope I don't get too eager and buy to many new Tom Riddles :) Maybe in one or two new Lego HP sets there will be some Gryffindor cape-torsos with long legs, too. Oh, and Finnigan's head and hair piece are #3626bpb0288 and #62810 (Mutt Williams from Indiana Jones). 

Dean: New torso. Dean Thomas CMF face. But black #21778, not dark brown #21778. At least that's what it says in his bio.

Seamus Finnigan, Dean Thomas

Edited by Ozeloci

I'll carry it over from the main Harry Potter thread but does anyone know a good face and hairpiece for Katie Bell (specifically Deathly Hallows). Ron's CMF torso is good for her but I'm not really satisfied with the face I have

14 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'll carry it over from the main Harry Potter thread but does anyone know a good face and hairpiece for Katie Bell (specifically Deathly Hallows). Ron's CMF torso is good for her but I'm not really satisfied with the face I have

I think Rose Tico or Sabine Wren are pretty close. Which hair are you using? 

18 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I think Rose Tico or Sabine Wren are pretty close. Which hair are you using? 

Just the very standard and common ponytail atm. But it doesn't really look that accurate so I'm also looking for a hairpiece

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Just the very standard and common ponytail atm. But it doesn't really look that accurate so I'm also looking for a hairpiece

I think the Prince of Persia hair would look closest to the DH hair. Although I found this image:

https://www.pixelsquid.com/png/lego-hair-dark-brown-2137007801833100335?image=E02

Which looks pretty much perfect, although I don't think it's an actual piece as I can't find it anywhere. Still wanted to share it just in case.

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I think the Prince of Persia hair would look closest to the DH hair. Although I found this image:

https://www.pixelsquid.com/png/lego-hair-dark-brown-2137007801833100335?image=E02

Which looks pretty much perfect, although I don't think it's an actual piece as I can't find it anywhere. Still wanted to share it just in case.

With some help from a few friends I've now got something I'm happy with. Just need to order the hairpiece in dark brown but the current color will do for now (don't mind the pic quality, my camera is awfull :laugh_hard:)

20200428_132210.jpg?width=285&height=475

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

With some help from a few friends I've now got something I'm happy with. Just need to order the hairpiece in dark brown but the current color will do for now (don't mind the pic quality, my camera is awfull :laugh_hard:)

That works pretty well, kinda a combo of the HBP and DH ones. Which face is that? 

31 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

That works pretty well, kinda a combo of the HBP and DH ones. Which face is that? 

I gotta be totally honest with you, I have absolutely no idea :tongue:

24 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I gotta be totally honest with you, I have absolutely no idea :tongue:

:laugh_hard:oh well, it works well at least xD. Btw the RoR torso for Harry would also work great. Not sure which one I prefer though.