Seaber

Updating Your Harry Potter Minifigures

_20190830_151719

Gilderoy Lockhart has got a new hairpiece, and I've added the cowl piece rather than the hood piece to MacNair. He looks good without either, but the slimmer cowl looks much better. 

And a few Ministry of Magic headquarters figures. L-R

_20190830_151658

latest?cb=20180208040649

Dirk Cresswell

5d1190c7cc40bdf0ca18efdc51cd25b6.jpg

Mary Cattermole

latest?cb=20140331134403

Reg Cattermole

2000?cb=20170103044334

Albert Runcorn

latest?cb=20141229163810

John Dawlish

_20190830_151743

latest?cb=20170107192541

Pius Thicknesse and a few Aurors. 

16 hours ago, Seaber said:

I've added the cowl piece rather than the hood piece to MacNair. Pius Thicknesse and a few Aurors. 

Haha, how funny! I also gave him a black cowl and I'm using that exact same head for Pius, I use the dark brown hair variation though. And other robes. Really nice figures though. Like the Mary Cattermole a lot too, clever choices.

On 8/31/2019 at 7:52 AM, Geertos13 said:

Haha, how funny! I also gave him a black cowl and I'm using that exact same head for Pius, I use the dark brown hair variation though. And other robes. Really nice figures though. Like the Mary Cattermole a lot too, clever choices.

Cheers, I think I have that hairpiece in dark brown, I may well update it. What robes did you use? 

On 8/31/2019 at 8:13 AM, Geertos13 said:

The Bartenders. Madam Rosmerta with Aberforth Dumbledore.

I'm using the Bain Torso for Rosemurta and different hair, otherwise mine is similar :) Same with Aberforth, except I added the CMF Bagpiper kilt.

_20190913_110651

Xenophilius Lovegood and Bathilda Bagshot. I think the small or medium legs would be better for Bathilda. On the left is a hag and on the right is the Weasley Family Ghoul, who is disguised as Ron in the Deathly Hallows book. 

_20190913_110628

I made a start on the Quidditch World Cup figures. On the back row there is an Irish player, Krum for Bulgaria and Hasan Mostafa, the referee. In front are the mascots - a Leprechaun for Ireland (I have the CMF Lepechaun somewhere, in the meantime it has the CMF Elf torso and a green helmet) and a Veela for Bulgaria. 

3626bpb0570.png

She has this face so she can transform into her Harpy appearance when angered. I have used that hairpiece so I can fit wings on for Harpy mode. 

I recently finished building the Hagrid's hut set. While I love the details I was saddened that there was no Fang or Norbert included, so I picked up some of the old animals from the earlier versions of the theme. Also the set didn't include a crossbow! :O

LEGO Harry Potter: Hagrid’s Pets

Also the T-bone steak element makes a great substitute for dead ferrets :)

LEGO Harry Potter: Hagrid’s Pets

Some more light minifigure customising: 

Lego Harry Potter: Lupin’s case

Professor Lupin gets the new large briefcase which conveniently can carry a chocolate bar!

Lego Harry Potter: Minifigure accessories

To compliment the Hagrid’s Hut Set even further the Minister gets a black briefcase and Dumbledore gets his walking stick.

Lastly Dobby gets the hand power blast part, which is perfect for the House Elf’s wandless magic attack against Malfoy at the end of the Chamber of Secrets Movie.

Next up two more minifigures which make use of several parts from the Cowardly Lion from the lego Movie 2 series:

Lego Harry PotterLego Harry Potter

Luna Lovegood gets the Lion’s mane to replicate her Gryffindor Quidditch Team outfit.

Hermione gets the lion’s face and tail to replicate her accidental transformation from drinking the polyjuice potion. Sadly though no cat ears.

Just made a custom Colin Creevey, borrowing a torso form the advent Callander:

LEGO Harry Potter: Colin CreeveyLEGO Harry Potter: Colin CreeveyLEGO Harry Potter: Colin Creevey

The camera is a new build style using the recent 1x2 rounded plate with hollow studs

Edited by Bugbot20082

Here’s my LEGO forces of darkness having a catch-up at Little Hangleton cemetery... I wanted Voldemort, his Death Eaters and evil allies to be well represented. My son has far more fun playing with the HP LEGO if there is a very bad baddie to threaten Hogwarts and Diagon alley!

I have plundered the Internet for ideas. I have expanded the cemetery by adding LEGO Hidden Side Graveyard Mystery 70420 to the HP set. It was only A$20. Together with the available minifigures and some custom creations, the Dark Lord has an entourage! Thanks to all those sites that inspired my minifigures!

https://ibb.co/b2Vyw4h 

12-DC2-D9-F-459-A-4127-A168-FC63-D88-AE3

https://ibb.co/tXtCRgM

43838619-D6-DE-430-B-B990-28-EAE60-EB2-B

Left to right: Bellatrix Lestrange, Thorfinn Rowle, Antonin Dulohov, Travers, Voldemort, Nagini, Peter Pettigrew, Lucius Malfoy, Narcissa Malfoy, and Fenrir Greyback. They are backed up by a bunch of masked Death Eaters in masks and hoods, i.e. the two standard HP LEGO types, plus I used a couple of masked Lucius Malfoy heads to make some custom Death Eaters.

My next challenges include; building the Carrow siblings (searching for red hair!), Barty Crouch Jnr, create Sciabor and a bunch of Snatchers; find some ideas for an evil giant or two (Golgomath plus a friend), and some werewolves would be nice! Advice very welcome ?

Edited by Antonin Dulohov

IMG_6673-2.jpg.2e9b45f24816ecb42a5c9880911619f4.jpg

My custom centaur made from existing parts. Looking forward to seeing what legos version will look like this year. 

Love the centaur build :D

excellent use of parts!

This is my purist Professor Binns I made with some parts I had to hand, all from LEGO store BAM Towers:

Lego Harry Potter: Professor Binns

Except the white wand which was Voldemort’s of course 

The Ghosts of Hogwarts.

Created the missing Ghosts of Hogwarts. Helena Ravenclaw

The Ghosts of Hogwarts.

The Fat Friar.

The Ghosts of Hogwarts.

The Bloody Baron.

The Ghosts of Hogwarts.

Peeves.

The Ghosts of Hogwarts.

Moaning Myrtle.

The Ghosts of Hogwarts.

Professor Binns.

B41CE1AD-4572-4BBD-81AC-9CB7B55A7ACA.jpeg.61bccf61f7ce1bc7aba42063b5170429.jpeg

I found this on the ever wonderful Firestar Toys, combined with classic Lockhart hair in black, it could make a brilliant Rowan Khanna from Hogwarts mystery!

On 3/14/2020 at 2:39 AM, Asajki said:

I found this on the ever wonderful Firestar Toys, combined with classic Lockhart hair in black, it could make a brilliant Rowan Khanna from Hogwarts mystery!

Jurassic World's Alison Miles could work for the female Rowan.

I went to a build-a-minifigure store for the first time a few months ago and found a few elements that are really fun to add to Harry Potter figures! 

49708303371_18354bae30_w.jpg

Diagon Alley bystanders. The white-bearded Wizard at the back is my favourite. The front right is a OotP Sirius Black, who looked like he'd fit in here. 

49708625287_34b3e63ba8_w.jpg

Salazar Slytherin and the Bloody Baron. I thought Slytherin should look a lot more evil than the Hogwarts UCS version so had some fun giving him a snake tail. 

49708303406_98a54e9ca8_w.jpg

One thing I loved about the build-a-minifigure was all the different hairpieces! The witch's hat feels perfect for Molly Weasley while I loved my Mcgonagall minifigure finally being able to have hair under her hat. 

49707770508_383d5296a1_w.jpg

All of my customised figures together

Edited by Darth Shadowthrone
Forgot to link the pictures

Hi there!

I have to say a lot of these custom minfigs are really awesome! I'm new in this forum so I wanted to share my my custom HP Minifigures (Part 1). I saw that some choices for hair types are the same, but nonetheless I tried to be as (movie) accurate as possible with my mf. I only used original Lego parts. Of course some flaws are still inclued and if someone has a better idea it would be welcomed. :)

Generic Death Eaters 

It's Mr Malfoys face for everyone of them, bc it's fitting and less costly than #3626bpb0072. For those mf I used a standard hood+cape combo, but imo those tighter capes (#49486 from the Overwatch Reaper) fit much better. than the old black cape used in a lot of other sets. An even better fit would have been the #65384 (from the mandalorian Battlepack) or #10555 (Darth Malgus), but those 2 options are expensive ones. The torsos are #973pb1761c01 (Bith Musician). I bought a lot of them in 2018 and they were relatively cheap - nowadays there are very few avaiblable and much more expensive. Bummer really... bc they fit perfectly.

Death Eaters

Rowle & Dolohov

Sweet tan Draco hair and a First Order Overall (#973pb2758c01) for Mando-Thorfinn (face #3626bpb0519) in his work gear. Dolohov sports the same Death Eater Torso like the ones above, has the face of a Batman CMF-Zod (#3626cpb1989) and Robins hair from 2006 (#43751).

Rowle, Dolohov

Edited by Ozeloci

Scabior

I don't know about this fella. I have found an acceptable representation for his leather jacket + his enhanced tunic (or whatever that is) with #973pb2669c01 (Torso) and #970c11pb34 (Legs), both from Lieutenant Lesaro from the SIlent Mary, if you don't care about actual colors. Otherwise you could use the body of Mr Wandmaker (#973pb0882c01), scarf included (just not in pink). Metanoios91 has used my Scabior face for his Lucius. I really hope that we'll get a new Lucius mf in 2020 bc this face fits Lucius perfectly as well imo. But I don't want to have two wizards looking the same. That's why one of those angry clone face snachters wears a kerchief. :)

Scabior, 2 Snatcher

Edited by Ozeloci

Mr Lovegood and Gilderoy "Obliviate" Lockhart

Lovegood: I would describe Xenophilius as someone who likes to wear vibrant/stylish clothes. Seaber has made some great custom mf (esp. Death Eaters!!) but I don't agree with his torso choice for Xenophilius (#973pb0643c01). It's based on his Bill/Fleur wedding appearance but this torso looks a bit... jockey/peasant-ish. The green colours (#973pb0877c01) fit him better even when this outfit isn't present in the movies. (And the purple wand just as a minor attention drawing accessoire.)  I*

Lockhart: The hair is the same as Seaber used and I agree, it's the best choice. I did consider Newts face from the CMF (#3626cpb2191), but I decided against it. Behind that huge smile Gilderoy is just a crook. So there should be a more serious face to balance his smile. So I chose face #3626cpb1464 from the eleventh doctor. Maybe face #3626cpb2211 from Newt (from Newts Suitcase) is a great choice as well bc the surprised Pikachu face suits him well ("What? You really want me to go down there?!").

Xenophilius Lovegood, Gilderoy Lockhart

[Xenophilius could also wear Torso #973pb0648c01  (Sheik Amar from Price of Persia).]

Edited by Ozeloci

Yaxley, Scrimgoeur, Shacklebolt, Weasley

Yaxley: Same hair piece (#95226) that Seaber used, best fit for one of my favourite Death Eaters, period. But his head is a little bit more wrinkly + the fact that Movie Yaxley seems like an old fellow (or a heavy smoker) makes the angry Mandarin face (#3626cpb0904) an obvious choice for me. His suit has been worn by Gunnar Eversol and none other than Bruce Wayne (#973pb3230c01)!

Scrimgoeur: The dark blue suit worn by diverse businessmen (#973pb0899c01), the dark brown Aragorn hair (#88283) and the head with the sharp cheek bones (# couln't find the number) is the most accurate representation I could find.

Shacklebolt: I'm so glad we're getting a Kingsley Shacklebolt CMF in 2020! Yes, sadly the headgear (#98381) was recoulored bc I couldn't figure out any suitable hat. The face is your standard angry reddish brown face. The previous owner of the torso + the legs was the twelfth doctor (#973pb2181c01  & #970c00pb0477). It was the only appropriate purple suit after joker's. But Kingsley isn't that funny so him wearing a joker suit wouldn't score.

Percy Weasley: I saw that Geertos13 used the same face. It's perfect. :) Other than that, the movie pinstripe suit is best represented by #973pb0323c01 (Harry Osborn from 2004). Maybe I find a better option for Percy but I leave it as it is for now.

Yaxley, Scrimgeour, Shacklebolt, Pery Weasley

Edited by Ozeloci