Seaber

Updating Your Harry Potter Minifigures

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

It doesn't look too bad, Fudge/Snape/Hux's legs are on Harry and Ron. It lines up better on Harry but doesn't look bad on Ron. Hermione has the legs from Kylo Ren, but the print is slightly too narrow. Still, they all look quite good :) 

There we go! Those legs are also on the newest Fury, I noticed. I tried them on Hermione, but with her provided torso, the red just stopping is strange. Kylo’s legs are a nice touch though, hadn’t thought of that. 

On 7/7/2019 at 6:50 PM, montgocloud said:

I love all of your small tweaks and changes - where did you get Sprout's cloth skirt? Did an extensive look through Bricklink to no avail... 

Oh, totally forgot mentioning, got that skirt and many other fabulous cloth pieces at capes4minifigs.com

66910244_2884702531546108_6245297831851066792908_2239149672806077_2060624282400067180506_2254470701481245_17850171630236

Personal variations on teenage Harry, Ron and Hermione ; (Ron is wearing his signature "hand me down" robes) Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle, and Seamus, Neville and Luna. (The Slytherin and Ravenclaw are, you guessed it, photoshoped)

10 hours ago, Geertos13 said:

Personal variations on teenage Harry, Ron and Hermione ; (Ron is wearing his signature "hand me down" robes) Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle, and Seamus, Neville and Luna. (The Slytherin and Ravenclaw are, you guessed it, photoshoped)

I wish the other three houses had versions of the Gryffindor robes, your Slytherin and Ravenclaw ones look great!

_20190717_090244

My Ravenclaw students (l-r) - Penelope Clearwater, Cho Chang, Marcus Belby, Michael Corner, Luna Lovegood, Terry Boot, Padma Patil and Anthony Goldstein. I'd like to add Roger Davies and Marietta Edgecombe when I get more torsos. 

_20190717_090323

Grown up Weasleys - Molly and Arthur are the same as their 2010 figures except Arthur has Obi-Wan Kenobi's Episode III hair. The middle three are Bill (hopefully we get an official figure of him), Percy in his Ministry robes and Charlie, fresh back from Romania in Dragon handling gear. 

_20190717_090342

James and Lily Potter. James' face is the 2010 Harry one with the scar rubbed off. 

_20190717_090358

Vernon And Dudley Dursley with Mr and Mrs Mason from Chamber of Secrets. Petunia and Marge are in the works, I'm just waiting on their faces and Petunia's hair. 

Edited by Seaber

66781532_2113315348963476_88193866656687

Minister for Magic, Rufus Scrimgeour

67425976_419576465323352_635063442163630

Bartemius (Barty) Crouch Junior and Senior, with freed House Elf Winky.

18 hours ago, Geertos13 said:

Bartemius (Barty) Crouch Junior and Senior, with freed House Elf Winky.

That Winky is so good! I might have to do something similar. 

Do you have a picture of your Umbridge with the old hair piece that's a bit brighter than the one in the previous page? I'm wondering if it looks better than the new hair. 

5 hours ago, Seaber said:

That Winky is so good! I might have to do something similar. 

Do you have a picture of your Umbridge with the old hair piece that's a bit brighter than the one in the previous page? I'm wondering if it looks better than the new hair. 

It looks better to me anyway, not to mention the piece was designed for her in the first place.

giphy.gif

(Source video by lego3x11l)

2 hours ago, Geertos13 said:

It looks better to me anyway, not to mention the piece was designed for her in the first place.

giphy.gif

(Source video by lego3x11l)

Cheers, it looks great, I'll get one! :D

48369263196_e3aab46991_k.jpg

Ninjago Movie Zane’s hair. It’s pretty close to his movie look. Just don’t look at him from the back. :look:

4 hours ago, Vindicare said:

48369263196_e3aab46991_k.jpg

Ninjago Movie Zane’s hair. It’s pretty close to his movie look. Just don’t look at him from the back. :look:

That link doesn't lead anywhere

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

That link doesn't lead anywhere

Hmm....no picture is showing up for you? I see the picture in both my comment & your quote of my comment. 

8 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Hmm....no picture is showing up for you? I see the picture in both my comment & your quote of my comment. 

Nope, don't see anything. Only that link

I don't have photos yet, but I have done a few of these.

A few months before the new theme started, I outfitted the original Sirius and the OOTP Snape with the Dastan hair that's now widely used across LEGO themes, though I retain a certain nostalgia for the old style.

With the release of the CMF series, I used my spares to make a Luna Lovegood in Ravenclaw robes, and a Fred Weasley. George is in the pipeline. I've also been thinking of trying to make a PS/COS-inspired Professor Flitwick, although there's only so much that can be emulated easily from that design. All that said, I've not been able to buy additional pieces in a while. I also tried to make a Ginny but I'm not happy with it at all.

I have to confess I have a strong preference for the 2010-11 style uniforms, but I feel forced to trade up due to the Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff representation.

8 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Lets try it this time...

I think that's about the best we can do with the pieces we have atm. Though his alternate face will show on the back of his head.

I really think we need a piece similair to this that cover's the back and a bit of the sides of the head, is more spiky and slicked back. Add dualmolded legs to that and you have a pretty much perfect candidate for the next CMF series

How would you guys go about updating the robed Harry, Ron and Hermione from CMF hairstyles to make them more movie accurate?Assuming they were based on Prisoner of Azkaban. I was thinking first year hair for Harry, Hagrids Hut hair for Hermione but I’m not sure which hair for Ron. 

Does the Han Solo piece fit his PoA look?

5 hours ago, AdmiralRaddus said:

How would you guys go about updating the robed Harry, Ron and Hermione from CMF hairstyles to make them more movie accurate?Assuming they were based on Prisoner of Azkaban. I was thinking first year hair for Harry, Hagrids Hut hair for Hermione but I’m not sure which hair for Ron. 

Does the Han Solo piece fit his PoA look?

I think lego chose the PoA hairpieces for the main trio pretty well, I'm using the Hagrid's Hut hairpieces for Harry and Hermione and I replaced Ron's hair with his CMF hair. At least in my opinion it looks great!

21 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Lets try it this time...

That’s a good fit. The undercut on the sides works well there. Grindelwald’s hair is just so damm specific :laugh:. This piece in white would be the only other alternative I could think of. 

A hoodless OotP/DH2 Dementor can be kitbashed using the 2010 and 2018 version plus dark gray hands. He'd probably look better with a longer, more tattered cape and dual molded (black/dark gray) arms though.

rgrd3YC.jpg

22 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

*Deleted so the same post isn't on this page twice*

Those look really great! What pieces did you use for Padma? I'm pretty sure those are the arms and head of Barbara Gordon (TLBM versions), but I'm not sure where the torso's from

Wagtail looks great, good to see he's a Batman fan too :wink: 

36 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Those look really great! What pieces did you use for Padma? I'm pretty sure those are the arms and head of Barbara Gordon (TLBM versions), but I'm not sure where the torso's from

Wagtail looks great, good to see he's a Batman fan too :wink: 

The torso is from 80101 Chinese New Year's Eve Dinner combined with a vibrant coral 1x2 brick

69399007_1423474594443139_30528240176867

Another variation on Slughorn with his signature robes, next to him another potion brewer, Madam Pomfrey

68931442_405761050076419_714392308459503

Bill Weasley with his soon to be wife, Fleur Delacour. Updated Fleur to have a more "femme fatale" quality to her looks. As for Bill he's a personal design somewhat based on the books description.

6 hours ago, Geertos13 said:

Bill Weasley with his soon to be wife, Fleur Delacour. Updated Fleur to have a more "femme fatale" quality to her looks. As for Bill he's a personal design somewhat based on the books description.

Very recognisable with the long red hair, it just needs Molly Weasley nagging him to get a haircut! Just a suggestion, you might want to use Owen's torn shirt from some of the Jurassic World sets to show Bill's (sorta) werewolf scratch.

17 minutes ago, Felkin said:

Very recognisable with the long red hair, it just needs Molly Weasley nagging him to get a haircut! Just a suggestion, you might want to use Owen's torn shirt from some of the Jurassic World sets to show Bill's (sorta) werewolf scratch.

I think that torso would be better for Charlie, the connection dinosaur clawmark --> dragons is much easier to make than dinosaur clawmark --> werewolf