makoy

[Polybag] Jay Walker

It's a bad pun but I could not help seize the opportunity to make a cross-over polybag between Exo-Force and NINJAGO.

The set is based on set # 3870 - Red Walker. Hence, the name of the polybag.

3870-1.jpg?200801230253

This is the mock-up of the polybag in NINJAGO Legacy style, updated for the post-Mixels generation:

47968003842_cc5b4624d0_b.jpg

Below are the other poses of the mini walker. :sweet:

47968004122_3bc77b1cdd_b.jpg

47968063561_7e62281747_b.jpg

47968022828_1bef9294dc_b.jpg

Ooh, sweet little mech, mate! :thumbup:  I think I spy several illegal techniques if I'm not mistaken, but the result sure is gorgeous! :laugh: :grin:  Very nicely done.

2 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Ooh, sweet little mech, mate! :thumbup:  I think I spy several illegal techniques if I'm not mistaken, but the result sure is gorgeous! :laugh: :grin:  Very nicely done.

Thanks, and if I may ask, is it illegal to be creative? :grin: No, seriously, where's the illegal technique? All parts are connected naturally to how they are supposed to be and if you spy some loose elements... that's because I dropped this a few times before taking the picture. :blush:

Nice little mech! The neon green canopy was a good idea and would be the first for a Ninjago set. It suits Jay's new energy colour, too. I also like the blaster on the left. :thumbup:

On 5/31/2019 at 9:21 PM, makoy said:

Thanks, and if I may ask, is it illegal to be creative? :grin: No, seriously, where's the illegal technique? All parts are connected naturally to how they are supposed to be and if you spy some loose elements... that's because I dropped this a few times before taking the picture. :blush:

I think technically LEGO doesn’t use the antenna holders without antenna in them and the neon green blaster in between the four studs is illegal (but creates a really cool look!)

But besides this, I am really impressed with the build and it looks amazing. Good luck!

1 hour ago, legozebra said:

I think technically LEGO doesn’t use the antenna holders without antenna in them and the neon green blaster in between the four studs is illegal (but creates a really cool look!)

But besides this, I am really impressed with the build and it looks amazing. Good luck!

The 1x1 round plates were loose because I dropped it a few times and forgot to tighten the fit. As the round 2 x 2 truncated cone can accept a bar underneath, it does not interfere with the round plates attached.  So, as all parts are fitted naturally to each element, and  no extra stress is added I believe these are all legal connections, same with the antenna holders without the antennae. Well, I do not want to be technical because it's just a fun little mech that I created on a whim. I hope this clarifies that I did not use any secret forbidden spinjitzu technique as well. :tongue: 

9 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Nice little mech! The neon green canopy was a good idea and would be the first for a Ninjago set. It suits Jay's new energy colour, too. I also like the blaster on the left. :thumbup:

On 5/31/2019 at 9:21 PM, makoy said:

No, of course not - I love using nice illegal connections myself! :grin:  But yeah, I had thought that the green blaster was causing the studs to spread out and not connect entirely, but it seems like my eyes were mostly playing tricks on me.  The whole thing does look epic though, illegal or not! :thumbup:  Sorry for provoking the confusion! :laugh: