Hi all!

I wanted to share my newest creations with you:

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

It is a scale model of a Lamborghini Huracan Performante, scale 1:10. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out, but I'm looking for some feedback, so please let me know what you think about it :)

It has the following features:

- Openable doors & bonnet
- Detailed V10
- AWD
- Suspension with anti-rollbars
- Working steering
- Detailed interior 

Edited by Jerry LEGO Creations
Changed image size

Nice.

But maybe it would fit more in technic forum, even if it is in scale.

Yup, moved it to Technic. And frontpaged it :thumbup:

When you link images here, make sure to link with a max size of 1024 wide. Since you are using Bricksafe, you can easily use the url to the smaller image.

Other than that....awesome creation and welcome to Eurobricks!

7 hours ago, Jim said:

Yup, moved it to Technic. And frontpaged it :thumbup:

When you link images here, make sure to link with a max size of 1024 wide. Since you are using Bricksafe, you can easily use the url to the smaller image.

Other than that....awesome creation and welcome to Eurobricks!

Thank you! :laugh:

I canged the image sizes, so it should be good now :wink:

15 minutes ago, letsbuild said:

I don't know how I missed this. It's amazing! Very well done!

Thanks!

This looks amazing! The curves are cleverly built!

5 hours ago, Reaper said:

This looks amazing! The curves are cleverly built!

Thank you! I'm very happy with the curves as well. It looks even better IRL, it feels like everything flows into one another.

Welcome to Eurobricks.

And congratulations with this model. I have been mulling this over for some time, but since you asked for feedback I'll give you my opinion. I think it is a good attempt, but a lot of little details make it just good and not great in my opinion. Which of course is only my opinion so feel free to ignore it if you don't agree.

These are the details that I think could be improved (in no particular order):
- The headlights are a bit too squarish, the real car has more squinted eyes. The lights are triangles instead of rectangles
- The hood is too flat. I know this is a near impossible curve to capture in LEGO, but a slight angle between the front part of the hood and the rest would help already
- The windshield A-pillars are leaning inwards when looking from the front, in real cars they are at least straight when looking from the front
- The side profile misses the upward angle at the bottom of the door with the tilt towards the rear wheels
- The area before the rear wheels is a bit messy with the panels not aligning with each other
- The little wings at the front are not really wings in your model, but two pillars sticking upwards. Using 2x5 panels or LEGO system wings would work better here I think.
- I've never been a fan of the beams over curved axles approach for wheelarches and this model doesn't change my mind. I think they form a design language that isn't present in the rest of the car which makes them stick out visually much more than the wheelarches in the real one (where they are hardly present)
- The same for the pin-joiners over flexaxles for the front window. It makes the curve choppy instead of smooth.
- This model definitely deserved better photos. A clean background and some brighter (natural) light will do the model more justice.
- I personally miss the gearbox, but that is just me trying to cram as much functionality in a build as I can.

I do like the smooth operating doors & rear door. They look solidly designed. I also like the back much more than the front.

12 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Welcome to Eurobricks.

And congratulations with this model. I have been mulling this over for some time, but since you asked for feedback I'll give you my opinion. I think it is a good attempt, but a lot of little details make it just good and not great in my opinion. Which of course is only my opinion so feel free to ignore it if you don't agree.

These are the details that I think could be improved (in no particular order):
- The headlights are a bit too squarish, the real car has more squinted eyes. The lights are triangles instead of rectangles
- The hood is too flat. I know this is a near impossible curve to capture in LEGO, but a slight angle between the front part of the hood and the rest would help already
- The windshield A-pillars are leaning inwards when looking from the front, in real cars they are at least straight when looking from the front
- The side profile misses the upward angle at the bottom of the door with the tilt towards the rear wheels
- The area before the rear wheels is a bit messy with the panels not aligning with each other
- The little wings at the front are not really wings in your model, but two pillars sticking upwards. Using 2x5 panels or LEGO system wings would work better here I think.
- I've never been a fan of the beams over curved axles approach for wheelarches and this model doesn't change my mind. I think they form a design language that isn't present in the rest of the car which makes them stick out visually much more than the wheelarches in the real one (where they are hardly present)
- The same for the pin-joiners over flexaxles for the front window. It makes the curve choppy instead of smooth.
- This model definitely deserved better photos. A clean background and some brighter (natural) light will do the model more justice.
- I personally miss the gearbox, but that is just me trying to cram as much functionality in a build as I can.

I do like the smooth operating doors & rear door. They look solidly designed. I also like the back much more than the front.

Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated! 

I agree with you on most of your points, a lot them are things I noticed myself too:

- The headlights are my least favourite part of this model, I tried some different things, but in the end I settled for this.

- The hood had an angle at first, but the front of the car lost some of its rigidity because of it. I also had some trouble fitting the steering under an angled hood. I geared the steering down to make it a lot smoother, but I didn't have the space to put the gears under an angled hood.

- The next 4 points are all true ;)

- I understand why someone might not like them, and they are indeed very present in this build. However, I think it is a good way to prevent large gaps around the wheels.

- I used the pin-joiners to give the roof/window some more 'body', it looked very fragile without them.

- My next model will get better photos ;)

- Yep, I wanted to give it a gearbox (and some more functions), but I had never built one small enough to fit in a car this size, and I failed to make one, so I decided to drop that idea for now.

I have learnt a lot from this moc. I don't think I will change this model, but I will definitely keep your comment in mind while building. My new model will also have a lot more features, I basically designed the chassis around the engine and gearbox :). 

Thanks again for taking your time to write this feedback!

PS: I really like your models. I'm a big fan of your Pagani Huayra BC, and the amount of functions you managed to sqeeze in it really amazed me. It inspired me to try and put some more functions in my next model.