Hello gents,

As I'm making progress on my Island town I am in need of a number of small ships. (smaller ships make the Island look bigger :pir-wink:). My latest one is actually based on an earlier model I built at Maxim's.

It seemed fun to use the small ship from the classic set Imperial Trading Post as a reference. As you may notice that is where those beautiful sails come from.

Anyway, I hope you like it, please support it on LEGO Ideas, if you have a minute :pir-grin:.

img_8445small.jpg

Note that helmsman has the original torso that was used in the set. Didn't they call that minifigure Steve or something?

img_8471small.jpg

Choosing the colours for this model was quite challenging but I'm satisfied with its current colour scheme.

img_8518small.jpg
Of course there should be a goat on board, how else would they be getting fresh goat milk?

img_8499small.jpg

img_8474small.jpg

Just look at that, wouldn't you want one for your own? Perhaps that may be possible...

img_8515small.jpg

When the project reaches 100 supporters, the deadline will be extended with a full year, in which it will have to gather a total of 10000 supporters in order to be considered as an official set.

So get supporting!

(But be careful when logging in, there seems to be some kind of bug).

Edited by Sebeus I

I feel like most sailing ships on Ideas are too large, or rely too much on obsolete hull parts, to have much of a chance at production if they made it to review, but this is a nice little brick-built ship that I can see fitting the Ideas mandate quite well.  Supported!

On 29 May 2019 at 9:35 PM, icm said:

I feel like most sailing ships on Ideas are too large, or rely too much on obsolete hull parts, to have much of a chance at production if they made it to review, but this is a nice little brick-built ship that I can see fitting the Ideas mandate quite well.  Supported!

Thank you :pir-laugh:

Those hull parts do keep the piece count down, I intend to launch some bigger ship Ideas as well. 

EDIT: There's a set coming out in 2019 that uses hull parts; 41381, this is good news :pir-sweet:.

On 30 May 2019 at 12:09 AM, Cousarmy0001 said:

I love it!  I don't suppose you have an LDD file for it, that I could bother you for?

Actually I started on an LDD model but it isn't quite finished. I will finish it later though, if this one gets to the review it's good to have a digital version to send to LEGO.

On 30 May 2019 at 3:18 PM, chofus said:

Awesome little ship. Can we see some Island Town pictures?? :)

I'm doing a post this evening or tomorrow.

In the meantime, here's a picture from last year;

44326795120_4a867d97ce_c.jpg

Edited by Sebeus I

The small ship looks amazing, same as the rest of the ships in the display. The colorfulness of this one I really like. It has the classic feel to it (also thanks to the good choice of sails)

On 5/30/2019 at 5:04 AM, Sebeus I said:

As I'm making progress on my Island town I am in need of a number of small ships. (smaller ships make the Island look bigger :pir-wink:).

This is a great way to make yourself look more fearsome to your enemies! :pir-skel:

I saw this on Flickr the other day but neglected to comment. It's a really cute little ship, and I love the red/yellow colour scheme. Always nice to see what you come up with. Thanks for sharing!

I updated the rigging, she is now a two masted sloop.

48002230406_3730fc32f3_c.jpg

48002235878_6de3231255_c.jpg

I couldn't post it like that on Ideas though, too much custom material.

Don't forget to support though.

I'm kinda meh on the additional mast, but I definitely like the upgraded sails in general.  The original plan seemed a bit light.

I really like the look of the two masts.  I think the original would work well if the sails were larger though!  Might I recomend an overnight bath in some tea or coffee? That would give those nice new white sails a good color!  I do think its instantly recognised from the original set .... It was one of my favorites!

I don't think the paper can handle that :pir-laugh:. But as it is paper, it will get more brownish over time.

I made a small fishing boat;

img_8649.jpg

img_8639.jpg

I think I'll build two more of these, perhaps with some variations on colours and details.

Any update on an LDD for the ship itself?  I've had a hand on it, and I've mostly gotten the lower hull (I think), but I haven't really been able to figure out a transition to the deck and tumblehome.

8 hours ago, Cousarmy0001 said:

Any update on an LDD for the ship itself?  I've had a hand on it, and I've mostly gotten the lower hull (I think), but I haven't really been able to figure out a transition to the deck and tumblehome.

I didn't finish the LDD but you can find its current state here. (Named Dancing Ember). I'm already working on so many other things I didn't bother to finish it.

But you'll see the rear hinge plates that connect hull and sides. there should be a pair in front as well at the same height. 

I did something special on the aft, I might have a picture of that, I'll look.

1 hour ago, Cousarmy0001 said:

The link you gave goes to a file icon :-(

Does this work?

On 6/15/2019 at 6:47 PM, Sebeus I said:

Does this work?

Thank you as well! Im determined to own a official ship designed by you one day lol! Hopefully this gets more votes as it has that tie to the original!

Great work on the shape of the ship. :thumbup:

I think I know your layout.

Was is present at Lego World Copenhagen this year?