1963maniac

Worlds largest steam locomotive is back! Big Boy 4014 hits the main line

There is absolutely no way photography can replicate the feeling and sense of awe that seeing it in person gives you. I am lucky in being old enough to rememberas a kid rushing to the tracks to watch the trains come thru during WW2. Exceptional memories, at this time, of our troops waving to the people.:sweet:

Actually, there are quite a few out there already. I think I saw like 4 or 5 different ones the last time I was at BrickWorld Chicago... You can probably find photos of mine in my Flickr.

Can we just talk about how many people there are standing less than a meter away from the line she's running on from roughly the 12 mins mark onwards on the 2nd video? This sort of behavior is becoming a real health and safety problem in the UK that could put mainline running at risk.

I chased her from Cheyenne to Rawlins, Wyoming whenever she left for the Great Race to Ogden. Probably the best time of my life, ever. There’s so many people that you meet along the way and it just feels so good to see so many people with the same passion as you.

4 hours ago, zephyr1934 said:

Could be anyone, instruction sets are out there...

I feel like the op is refering to the consist?  Which is an interesting modernization of the streamlined cars.  

And this is just my opinion but i feel that the observation car is hideous (in a steam train) plus I hate how regulations make them run with a diesel in tow.