Aug 6, 2019

Update.. 4.0

Contracts renewed and time to spend.. Eurobrx Space Shuttle is back !!  A new redesign was required and a brand new fuselage is now finished!!!  All version before version 3 was based from the Lego Technic set 42025 Cargo plane fuselage and the brand new 4.0 fuselage still retains a 9L width cargo bay and no longer restrained from the 42025 design, The 4.0 fuselage can be used in to design different aircraft/space ship and keep with in scale of the 42025 family.  The best feature is the strong bond the shuttle now haves.. You can grab it from the wings, tail, cargo door and it will no longer tear apart due to the size and weigh due to new fuselage design !!! All older versions was plagued by that and yes it took the build of the 4th shuttle to step foward !!  

This pictures displays the new air lock door to the cargo bay and the more roomy cabin.. Still it the same size as the older versions and still can use the same cargo bins and equipment. Its also can be modified to use the Lego city lunar stations!!! Boy I did learn a lot from the last 3 shuttles build!! 

lego technic space shuttle model 4lego technic space shuttle model 4

Edited by sirslayer

EurobrX engineers had the bird eagle dna injected and they end up designing  EurobrX Cockpit Commander with excellent non-virtual real windows made from titaniun/abs plastic for the non-robotic operators who posses excellent vision (vision not included)   The red lines represent the view of (liine of sight) rear see cargo bay if doors were closed 

lego technic space shuttle model 4

Edited by sirslayer

Version 3

Version 3 of the shuttle was my favorite, but one day I try to hug it and it fell apart :( ......    The Lego Idea entry !!!!  This is my entry and due to the weight, the snot ??? style of system flat bricks pops off when grabing the heavy shuttle and now you got gaps in the center!!  .. and didn't noticed till I found my small Lego tiles on my front porch!!  the next day!!

Lego technic ver 3 shuttle

Edited by sirslayer

Lego Idea Mars orbiter .... The best shuttle ever!!! 

Version 3 recap and eurobricks importance

The Mars Orbiter is a long range moom to mars missons. A mission can take up to 2 months (its the near future!!!)  The Mars Orbiter is the standard method of transportation between the host planet with moons and stations and only re-enters to the host planet in case of an emergency. .This version of shuttle is for the lego Idea contest and it repersents as the King of all shuttles.. It sports 8 Lego technic functions and that with the cargo bay empty!!!! Only one main rocket engine with its required amount of sub engines for space tarvel. The ideal orbiter would be wingless since it spend most of the time traveling between planets and may re-entey only once in case of an emergency unless your ship haves a local rescue pod..The wings on the Mars Orbiter would enable for re-entry to a host planet or moon and its highly maneuver wings design is the cream of the crop and an ace pilot would feel at home flying the Mars Orbiter at any mode of fluid.  Also the wings on the Mars Orbiter have mount points for extra fuel and cargo bins that fits the cargo bay can be re-mounted on the top of the wings to triple the amount of cargo your shuttle can carry.. Yes there are huge transporters and carriers and not many luxury services for space travel .  Only a few orbiters that are hand crafted built and and only the privledge are allowed to use them . Military have there own shuttles and so why not have a shuttle for personnel service or use it as a Space Recreational vehical .  This version of the shuttle     only uses mechanical functions with no Lego power ups or pf .. The lego older Pf systems would be required to use the led lighting.. Lego haves just release the Power Ups and still no lighting??  So this shuttles will sit in the dark floating in space.. 

Lego Idea Mars orbiter

I would be scared if it floated up to me!!     and yes there are 8 mechanical functions that is built in and the cargo bay is empty.. So you can design and add more functions to the Mars Orbiter cargo bay and employ many missions with pre-fab modules into your cargo bay for science, observations or even passangers service . The air locks are included ... 

Lego Idea Mars orbiter

My Lego Idea!!!   I have many ideas!!!! but I haven't post them yet.. 

https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/a289cd61-c960-4364-a1a8-42da645a4fe6/application/f8e18770-e16b-4067-91ae-af1e690700ef

My favorite Space Shuttle movie take

Edited by sirslayer

JOIN THE MARS DEFENCE FORCE

by voting at the (TC16)  contest !!

Hiring for pilots to help defend Mars from meteor showers and help patrols Mars air space. 

Must have carpet bombing experience or nuclear tactics 

space_shuttle_bomber_sticker-r5f6ec5d2c7ec4e46a9fc4e285d8f3cdf_v9waf_8byvr_512[1]

and an update to the Cargo bay door one and lift one.. Lifts are hard to design in using minifigures scale!!!   

and big thank you to my family as in they bought everything in Legos but technic.... lol...   I'm still happy!! It is the first time beside my Vanessa supported my cause!! 

Lego Technic Space Shuttle

Edited by sirslayer

updates 9-1-19 

I got the rudders installed and its is in sync with the bottom engine 2 !!!   just need some more white color parts!!!  and you know your in a good mood when you get creative!!!   its hard to build when you have the blues!!!  I just started on a different cockpit!!!   It will be based from the America F-16 fighters and the pilot seat is angle to the point where  the pilot is almost laying on his or her back and haves a full view of the air/space to give the pilot max view of the battlefield .!!!  

F-16 cockpit

Lego Technic

Lego Technic

Update 9/3/19

The Mojave desert has conditions that is very close to the surface of Mars!! 

A quick video update of rear rudder and strength ..   Battery pack was installed loose to show cargo door strength

side note: I even had my main Main TC16 video taken over by Megadeth!!!  Wow!! 

Edited by sirslayer

Well the contest is over and not only I had fun , I also gained a lot of experience and I feel I can built any plane/space ships..  I will always provide updates even after the contest since I really like my MOC..   I've started on the cockpit and its not so easy!!     WIP at the moment and can't wait for more parts .. I 've installed the air lock and the placement of the glass (plastic) windshield ..   check out the pictures  !!  

Lego technic Space ShuttleLego technic Space ShuttleLego technic Space Shuttle

Just organizing Flickr and found some older pictures of the various shuttles I have done.. Most are just WIp when its was a work in progress .. You never know you might end up building your own space shuttle.. Here are some ideas!!

Lego Technic Space ShuttlesLego Technic Space ShuttlesLego Technic Space ShuttlesLego Technic Space ShuttlesLego Technic Space ShuttlesLego Technic Space ShuttlesLego Technic Space ShuttlesLego Technic Space Shuttles

v

Lego Technic Space Shuttles

Lego Technic Space Shuttles

Edited by sirslayer

Finally!! An update on the Mars Interceptor.  I wanted to do a F-16 style cockpit for my shuttle and I think I just found what I like and Im sharing a few pictures right now.. More to come in the future !! Im always improving my MOC!!!   

49740521148_f7b196e0ff_k.jpgLego Technic Mars Interceptor WIP by victormendoza_jr, on Flickr

49741066501_60ad42076c_k.jpgLego Technic Mars Interceptor WIP by victormendoza_jr, on Flickr

49741390447_2c7affd41b_b.jpgLego Technic Mars Interceptor WIP by victormendoza_jr, on Flickr

49741066471_498bc9c8fe_k.jpgLego Technic Mars Interceptor WIP by victormendoza_jr, on Flickr

49740521183_8106ba26f5_k.jpgLego Technic Mars Interceptor WIP by victormendoza_jr, on Flickr

Somewhere in the Mojave Desert 

Today our engineers are back at their workbench and started the 2020 Mars Interceptor upgrade and Captain Jim our test pilot took the first prototype for a spin around the planet Mars and headed towards to the galactic plane.  The new Interceptor will incorporate with the Lego set  60228 I just bought !!!  Happy days are here again!!! 

Now during Easter time the only desirable mask is Easter Rabbit mask. I have one pleasent new - I got 10 new 68.7 x 27 tires :wub:(from 1989 Batmobile)...