Hello everyone!

I want for first time take a part in eurobricks contest. To be honest, space theme is close to me :classic:

I am building landing module in minifigure scale. I am finding is challenging) Module will look like famous lunar module, but a bit different.

LunarModuleModel.jpg

Module will have 2 parts: ascent stage and descent stade (as a lunar modele has). Descent stage will have inside rover, tools, fuels tanks etc. Ascent stage will have inside living space and some more.

Model will be fully mechanical, no electric. I will try to make module as realistic as possible for me.

This is what I have built for the moment:

cTA-AYCvLYg.jpg

You can see there rover and module's basis.

Rover is not done. But now it have extremly compact steering system (2 gears!:laugh:) and rear suspension. Rover isn't fitting in module's basis at the moment, I will try to make it folding.

acrvF5E1MZ0.jpgllY2jrg8EJc.jpg

1QXnS8oo4dQ.jpgzEQn95Sak90.jpg

Well, that's all for begin. I hope you like my project! :classic:

Edited by ArsMan064

Looks great so far, and nice features integrated into it.  I'm curious to see how you'll achieve some folding so it can fit in the lower bay of the lander.  Looking forward to seeing more!

i really like your rover can we get more detailed photos?

XG BC

Thanks to all!

I made folding rover. It wasn't hard as I thought. Now it nice fits in the base.

jKQr11b18nc.jpgBxcZUiY3XNM.jpg

W_fcBrA5hSY.jpgWNYibZ14tk0.jpg

WRhJcJS9Wyo.jpghug8eIYgYbg.jpg

6 hours ago, XG BC said:

i really like your rover can we get more detailed photos?

XG BC

Here is photos of steering system and bottom. Do you need more photos? I can try to make ldd file for you

VizRNhbv8ug.jpgAonId2qS_2o.jpg

I also made one of four landing legs. It works pretty nice, there is also suspension for the soft landing. I think, lowering legs will work from the little knob outside using worm gear.

1MCRKZZenhw.jpgh41_Q1bediY.jpgooj5tdHtaEQ.jpg

On 5/28/2019 at 2:28 PM, ArsMan064 said:

Thanks to all!

I made folding rover. It wasn't hard as I thought. Now it nice fits in the base.

Here is photos of steering system and bottom. Do you need more photos? I can try to make ldd file for you

ldd is pretty much useless for me as i only have android devices and no pc so it wont run but you can make a file using https://mecabricks.com. But pictures should be enough.

Thanks in advance

XG BC

Edited by XG BC
Please do not quote images from the same page, and especially the post above yours. Thank you.

3 hours ago, XG BC said:

ldd is pretty much useless for me as i only have android decices and no pc so it wont run but you can make a file using https://mecabricks.com. But pictures should be enough.

You can upload ldd files in mecabricks.

Big progress here!

I made all 4 legs, and lowering system. It was pretty hard work! I tried several ways of legs system. First I made it with cardans and worm gear

zEYbV81OUu4.jpgPAFlXrTypfA.jpg

It worked very well only with two legs, other two legs didn't work well because cardans have pretty much backlash. In addition, shock absorbers here didn't have any use because suddenly torsion suspension here were much softer. 

Well, I came to this type:

qAzd2_fIsQs.jpgsLlCZxMNQG0.jpgI

I pretty pleased with this system. You can see in the center small turntable, it rotates by the black lever. Legs are linked with turntable. So, when it rotates, legs moves.

aDYOE44bIAQ.jpgYm_1byfjzrY.jpg

To make legs fixed I made special lock. It triggers when legs moved to lowest stage. Now shock absorbers works pretty nice.

_SwcI7R8Xk4.jpg0u8qsGhBscU.jpg

I also made special room for folded rover. It takes to many space, I think. But I can't make it smaller. Rover holded by axles with bush

iatYMksz3bg.jpgst686xiQH_8.jpg

Here is photos of "How to deploy rover on the Mars"

WNUS9o3MkqQ.jpg8HYs3_dk58Q.jpgExBzRe8tHNc.jpg

pcpXzxYamWI.jpgvtjwXzRMbkE.jpgp7xMdapeJo8.jpg

Well, I will try to make some addition for rover (for example, manipulator). It will need some space for storage. But lot's of space will take fuel tanks.

On 5/30/2019 at 12:33 AM, Nequmodiva said:

You can upload ldd files in mecabricks.

oh i didnt know that.

XG BC

I have a feeling this is gonna be awesome! Glad you joined the contest.

Thanks to all for your support!

I made big part of the descent stage. I modiffed place for rover and made case for it, changed a bit trigger system for legs. I also made something like fuel tanks.

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

The first, landing legs.

800x1067.jpg800x1067.jpg

You can see that I just put rubber band there. It turn out to be really useful! Now trigger works really well, so they also keep legs folded. I a bit changed central turntable to be more compact.

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

The second, rover's place. I really don't like previous variant because of it's size. To be honest, now it looks smaller only due to bent door.

Changed sequence of deploying rover.

800x1067.jpg800x1067.jpg800x1067.jpg

800x1067.jpg

The most major difference is fixing of rover. Now it fixed by rope and dark bluish gray connectors.

800x1067.jpg800x1067.jpg

800x600.jpg

You also can spot the Flag of the Earth. I don't want to put flag of any country. Colonisation of the Mars is property of humanity.

800x600.jpg

The third,  fuel tanks. As I know, rocket engines need fuel and oxidizer. Well, there will be two tanks placed symmetric about the centre to keen mass centre stable, one tank is done.

800x600.jpg

Sorry for cheating with top part of tank) First time tank was built with two wheels, but top wheel prevent placing black cover. So, I decided to make only half of top part, it anyway will be unseen)

800x1067.jpg800x1067.jpg

That how fuel tank look from outside.

800x1067.jpg

Second cover is ready to attach!

I forget to say that I also made special key to fold legs. It attaches to bare axle in trigger. Just turn key - and trigger unlocked

800x1067.jpg

So, I again modified central turntable, now it more robust. But it not visible too :)

Only one section is uncompleted

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Hello to all!

I have some period without news because I started making another project some times ago , sorry.

Well, I made all 4 sections

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

I am going to make several stickers of Flag of Earth, this black plate is here for it :)

There is 2 opposed sections pairs. One pair have fuel tanks, another pair is cargo sections, for rover and...

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

...trailer for rover with scientific equipment (and trailer coupling for rover, because rover with it does not fit in cargo box)

Trailer coupling is attaching easily

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

Trailer have 2 devices: manipulator and drilling rig.

This is drilling rig. It can go down to deepest layers! :)

800x600.jpg

And this is manipulator. Second part can extend.

Hmm, looks like something interesting! Let's take it :)

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

So, only bottom is uncomplited. I think, these 4 engines will be nice there

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

That's all for now! Thanks to all for you support!

Thanks to all for you comments and patience!

I had some pause of building, now I am ready to continue.

I started making ascent stage

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

Now bottom of descent stage looks like this. I have some problems with making streamlining (it should be pretty simple structure, atmosphere is thin)

800x600.jpg

I am planning to use these parts. Blue one looks nice as fuel tank, transparent parts should be pretty good as sun panels

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

Hello!

I wasn't at home this week and haven't progress here. I returned and continued building!

I made doors for ascent stage. There you can see sluice that needed to save air in living space. How it would work in real one:
1) Opening first door
2) Closing first door and  pumping out air from sluice to living space
3) Opening second door

At way back opening process would be the same, but backward

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

With minifigure:

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

I am going to almost completely build ascent stage to friday. I hope I manage it

Hello!

Big progress here. As I said:

On 7/15/2019 at 10:28 PM, ArsMan064 said:

I am going to almost completely build ascent stage to friday

Looks like I manage it  :classic:

I built half of stage

Lots of different tanks insight. Image with text will help you (RCS - Reaction Control System)

800x600.jpg640x474.jpg

Crew compartement for 2 people. 2 computers, 1 bed

800x1067.jpg800x1067.jpg

View from Mars surface

800x1067.jpg

Hidden folded solar panel

How it looks deployed

800x1067.jpg800x1067.jpg

docking hatch

800x1067.jpg

Well, I will build next time ladder, RCS thrusters, radars and antennas.

Thank you for reading!