JJ Tong  (zfogshooterz)

[Legacy] - Condrai Crasher (Legacy Jungle Raider)

As seen in Season 4!

47944093703_bd5d8454ec_h.jpg

This is a collaboration between me and @ExeSandbox

So this is me (and my brother Exe Sandbox)'s entry to the Ninjago Legacy contest! The Condrai Crasher. A legacy version of the 70755 Jungle Raider from 2015! This also includes a legacy version of 70752 Jungle Trap.

We've been Ninjago fans for quite a while (starting back in 2012 and started actually buying sets in 2015 which is mostly consisting of Tournaments of Elements and Possession), and while we're watching season 4 back then, we did sometimes lament on the fact that the anacondrai buggy was not turned into a set as it looks pretty cool. And with this contest and also having two anacondrai vehicles, the actual Jungle Raider set and a bunch of other Ninjago sets whose parts is quite useful, we decided to do the Anacondrai Buggy!

Despite the buggy being actually called Jungle Raider, we decided to use Condrai Crasher to fit in with other Condrai vehicles such as Copter and Crusher.

Here's the studio shot - 

47944059392_27d4ee1653_h.jpg

And here's more shots of the buggy alone -

The red headlights was added due to me wanting to add some reds and also ExeSandbox wanting to add more buggy features.

47944110441_55a49bbe2b_b.jpg

47944183028_fba2c2e3e3_b.jpg

47944192832_baedbcaa56_b.jpg

47944182741_7f40c32917_b.jpg

And now, for the Legacy Jungle Trap!

This whole MOC is built as a set, with that in mind, we wanted to add a side build and since the box background of Tournaments of Elements sets is jungle themed, something like the jungle Trap would fit right in!

47944143688_a9fe62d6a3_b.jpg

47944138551_bdcec21e60_b.jpg

And there's Kai grabbing the Jade Blade and Cole keeping a lookout for that Condrai Crasher.

I hope you all enjoyed this entry and Thanks to Peppermint_M for hosting this contest and also the opportunity to build this MOC set alongside with ExeSandbox!

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

Nicely done!  The suspension and shaping on the crusher are great (and quite accurate, if my memory doesn't deceive me :thumbup:), and the little bit of jungle is upgraded neatly as well :classic:

Man, that's great!  Even as busy as it is, it somehow doesn't feel like it's too much.  Love all the bone accents, and the way you've done the eyes/mouth/fangs at the front is excellent.  Great build, and much more than a simple update to the old set!  :classic:

Nicely done!  The suspension and shaping on the crusher are great (and quite accurate, if my memory doesn't deceive me :thumbup:), and the little bit of jungle is upgraded neatly as well :classic:

Thank you! The smooth shaping is something that we really want to achieve. Also I didn't have any play function in mind for the Jungle Trap, so I get to focus more in aesthetics!  :classic:

Man, that's great!  Even as busy as it is, it somehow doesn't feel like it's too much.  Love all the bone accents, and the way you've done the eyes/mouth/fangs at the front is excellent.  Great build, and much more than a simple update to the old set!  :classic:

Thanks too! :laugh:

15 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Thanks! I wish I could have added front axle suspension and a steering mechanism too. But alas :grin:

7 hours ago, deraven said:

Man, that's great!  Even as busy as it is, it somehow doesn't feel like it's too much. 

Yup, that's a really accurate description of the model :laugh:

Possibly the most believable moc-up set entry in this contest, great job to the two of you! Bonus points for the product shot! I wouldn't be surprised if you get a message from TLG, asking you to put a clear "FAN MODEL" watermark over it. :wink::thumbup:

6 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Possibly the most believable moc-up set entry in this contest, great job to the two of you! Bonus points for the product shot! I wouldn't be surprised if you get a message from TLG, asking you to put a clear "FAN MODEL" watermark over it. :wink::thumbup:

Thanks Exetrius! Glad to know it's that believable! :laugh:

Love the mean, swooping look of the buggy!  Great job on the photo edit there too.