47941768066_0c4fbf9b8c_c.jpg

My entry to Legacy Contest, new version of 9448 Samurai Mech. It has been made as an official Legacy set, 70665 THE Samurai Mech, but the retake felt inferior compared to original. I wanted to enhance the samurai armour feel of the original's silhouette, keeping some key elements like round, kabuto-like cockpit, spinner crown on chest, cowcatcher shoulder pads with cannons and the weapons, while re-imaginin completely the blocky legs and making the helmet more helmet-like. I felt actual grim face on the cockpit would look imposing and unsettling on a huge mech, striking fear to enemies. The hinged cockpit opens, revealing Samurai X piloting the mech. Her katana is stored under the mech's plate skirt armour. And yes, the mech has knee joints.

47941752623_512d383af2_c.jpg

47941729027_aacddac13f_c.jpg

Thanks for watching and thanks to Peppermint_M for organizing this inspiring contest!

-Eero/Pate-keetongu

Wow just wow. That is awesome. I love this reinterpretation of the Samurai Mech. Especially the added textures of the helmet and skirt.

I really like how you used those pieces for the eyes, and the fact that it has knees is a huge achievement as all know. The custom grill is pretty complex, how did you do Nya's shoulder armor though? I don't know that cloth piece

Also the re-imagined Serpentine with everything being custom is kinda cool. The new fang blade and that fish headpiece (I'm not sure which) really works well

42 minutes ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

The custom grill is pretty complex, how did you do Nya's shoulder armor though? I don't know that cloth piece

Thanks everyone!

The pauldrons are this piece from SW range.

This is quite a mech, smooth job with the mech's outfit, if I can call it that - great integration of the cow catchers into a neck... uh... thing! :laugh:  Impressive poseability too!

This mecha is amazing! A lot of its detail got me. Even though I have to say that I'm not a big fan of using inverted parts, the other detail such as the entire helmet to shoulder armor package and also limb detail and solidness is quite superb that it still ends up being very appealing to me! :thumbup:

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)