Let me introduce you one of my coolest alternative models - Shark Mk II. Why do I call it Mk II? It is the second generation of moving sharks that I've built so far. The first one was built out of set 9394 (red jet) 6 years ago and was red. New shark is built out of set 42066 (blue-black jet) so it is BIGGER, better and finally blue. :-)

42066-1.jpg?201611300919

It features two motorized functions: moving tail and opening maw to eat moving fish. You can turn them on separately or together with help of two red levers on stand. It contains 814 parts. I built it in the middle of last year but I haven't made video for it until today. Building instructions are available at rebrickable.com

47937512093_5b358b7f9a_c.jpg

47937498652_5777c4b251_c.jpg

47937521341_593632bcdb_c.jpg

47937498567_fd44c60966_c.jpg

Any comments are welcomed.

Edited by Tomik

Wow that's really great! Much better than the jet. Do you have building instructions? (I couldn't find them on your website)

Great build, the shark shape is really well done. I'm curious about the EV3 motor, are you adding a sensor too? 

Thank you all for your comments.

1 hour ago, ozacek said:

Wow that's really great! Much better than the jet. Do you have building instructions? (I couldn't find them on your website)

I plan to make them and I expect they will available in two months.

25 minutes ago, BusterHaus said:

Great build, the shark shape is really well done. I'm curious about the EV3 motor, are you adding a sensor too? 

It is something more complex and funnier. I will not give you any spoilers now and show you it in video later. :wink:

27 minutes ago, Tomik said:

Then I think I'll buy that jet I never liked, just to make the shark :)

Oh man, this is so cool! Your shark I and dinosaur are one of my favourite Lego Technic MOCs and I have them both on display. I actually bought the sets especially to built your MOCs. I’m a big fan of your work ...

I did not intend to buy the 42066 set because I do not like the colour and was underwhelmed by it, but I found a good deal that I was not able to resist. So, luckily I have it. Very much looking forward to your instructions!

23 hours ago, WvG_853 said:

Oh man, this is so cool! Your shark I and dinosaur are one of my favourite Lego Technic MOCs and I have them both on display. I actually bought the sets especially to built your MOCs. I’m a big fan of your work ...

I did not intend to buy the 42066 set because I do not like the colour and was underwhelmed by it, but I found a good deal that I was not able to resist. So, luckily I have it. Very much looking forward to your instructions!

Thank you for your comment. I am happy that I have such a big fan. Honestly I was not interested in this set eather untill I've got idea to rebuid it into shark. Original jet contains some very complex and interesting linkages but it lacks normal wings... :sceptic:

I was really surprised by the model and a lot of involved creativity to do such nice alternative model. You have my respect. Now I'm also thinking about buying the set to build this shark :-)

Super prace :-)

So creative, very cool and in my opinion, way better than the donor set. Great work.

Edited by grum64

Brilliant, and so creative!

I hope you'll accept a small constructive criticism: to me the small fish doesn't quite seem to match the clean style of the rest.  I definitely could do not any better however (especially with limited parts).

Edited by aeh5040

On 5/28/2019 at 8:26 PM, RabbiT_CZ said:

I was really surprised by the model and a lot of involved creativity to do such nice alternative model. You have my respect. Now I'm also thinking about buying the set to build this shark :-)

Super prace :-)

Díky za pochvalu. :classic:

On 5/28/2019 at 8:53 PM, grum64 said:

So creative, very cool and in my opinion, way better than the donor set. Great work.

Thank you for your comment.

On 5/29/2019 at 12:50 AM, aeh5040 said:

Brilliant, and so creative!

I hope you'll accept a small constructive criticism: to me the small fish doesn't quite seem to match the clean style of the rest.  I definitely could do not any better however (especially with limited parts).

Thank you for your comment. I gree with you that small fish is not as good as shark but it was the best what I could do with remaining parts... My first idea was to build diver instead of fish but he would look even worse. :grin:

On 5/26/2019 at 5:08 PM, Tomik said:

I now bought the jet. Counting on you for the instructions!

16 hours ago, ozacek said:

I now bought the jet. Counting on you for the instructions!

I am taking it to exhibition this weekend and then I will begin with making instructions.

A big thanks! Bought them immediately.

Looking forward to your next C-Model!

Thanks!
FYI, there seems to be an error in the instructions, step 5 of p.31, a black 1x5 liftarm appears out of nowhere.

3 hours ago, ozacek said:

Thanks!
FYI, there seems to be an error in the instructions, step 5 of p.31, a black 1x5 liftarm appears out of nowhere.

Thank you for your feedback. I checked instructions and I can't see any error there. You are adding two black 1x5 liftarms in step 5 and both are connected to 5x11 tapered panel added in previous step. The third black 1x5 liftarm was added in step 2 and I can't see any other 1x5 liftarm in assembly.

2 hours ago, Tomik said:

I checked instructions and I can't see any error there.

Sorry, my mistake. I double-checked, I should have triple-checked :D

Some of you were curious why I mentioned compactibility with Mindstorms EV3 medium motor in video - you can check this topic to see the reason.