-zenn

[MOC] BR4W-LR Claptrap

*que intro music*
Ladies & Gentlemen!
Dancing in the left corner...
This general purpose unit manufactured by Hyperion;
- 'When you mean business, you mean Hyperion' -.
Standing at a height of 3 feet tall,
weighing in at less than a pile of Skag.
Holding a mixed programming of combat Action skills.
The current reigning 'Interplanetary Ninja Assassin' champion.
Fighting out of the hostile streets of Fyrestone, Pandora.
It's your bro-bot... BR4W-LR!

47936053833_45173d98ba_z.jpg

BR4W-LR; a claptrap inspired by 'Borderlands 3'. An entry for RoboRumble 3000.

A fun little build featuring; a moveable eye (can look around in all directions), turnable wheel (lean back & forth + twist sideways to a certain degree),
moveable arms (detachable boxing gloves to facilitate regular hands/claws) and a modest baseplate to keep him upright.

More angles can be found on my Flickr.

Edited by -zenn

This is fantastic.  That mustache really completes the look!  :laugh:

NPU throughout - the roller skates add some nice detail there, and the "boxing gloves" are truly outstanding!

@deraven Thanks, glad you like it! :sweet: Imagine I even gave him a brown bowler hat at first... :grin:

Yeah, those rollerskates add a bit of greebs to the front. I tried to create a 'balance'; I didn't wanna cover up each stud with a tile making it super smooth, that just didn't look right.
Gotta say, I'm pretty proud of those gloves; I really wanted 'round' ones similar to those of Djokson's contest poster, but on a smaller scale. They're the only part of this build which use a couple of hidden custom pieces. :blush:

Edited by -zenn

On 5/27/2019 at 2:03 AM, -zenn said:

couple of hidden custom pieces

Ah! So that's it. I was looking at those thinking the helmet was brilliant, but could not figure out what piece was the thumb.

I totally read the first bit in my "boxing announcer" voice btw, the intro is spot on. :thumbup:

@rodiziorobs Haha, I actually looked up a couple of UFC intro's to see if it was correct... "Let's get ready to Rumble!" :laugh:
Well, the thumb is not the hidden piece, it's just a regular lever base. Though I'm willing to let you in on a little secret...

Spoiler

The glove consists out of 6 pieces in total; red round tile with bar + white round open stud plate + black round open stud plate + modded red hinge bar with fingersred helmet & the red lever base.
The trick is that hinge bar; you need to modify it; cut those fingers off, so that it's essentially a bar with a stud on the end. (make sure it's cut straight and not bend) You insert it inside the helmet, stud side first.
Then you slide the lever base over the helmet's rim, it will clutch on the inside edge and the hingebar will stop it from falling. Now to 'fasten' the lever base from wiggeling and wrist protection, slide the open rounded studs over the hinge bar.
It's only one plate deep so start of with the black one (make sure you slide them on stud side outward), then the white one (looks like where a glove's brandname usually is sewn) and cap it off with the round tile.

If you look at my moc's you will notice that modified hingebar technique in numerous builds; sometimes I use it for cosmetic detail, other times it has an actual function. :wink:

Edited by -zenn

Woah my mind is blown twice :oh:. I never would have deduced the lever base (but now I can't unsee it!), and the trimmed finger hinge is a brilliant part that should have existed for decades, honestly.