Jim

[TC16] Technic Mission to Mars Contest - Information Topic

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Jim said:

I'm impressed by the lack of questions about the rules in this topic :laugh:

Either the contest has clear rules or not many people are interested in it :tongue:

You didn't cover my question ;)

Can we build alien spacecraft? What if we pair them with human craft (eg a rover designed for salvaging resources from downed alien craft)? I know you said EuroBrX is not expecting any hostile alien activity, but what if the aliens are friendly (or at least not actively hostile)?

 

Edited by heyitsdisty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, mktechniccreations said:

Is "existing" model taken from movie allowed ? 

A model like that is definitely allowed. However, for the contest, you can't use an existing MOC. It needs to be a new MOC.

On 5/27/2019 at 11:34 PM, heyitsdisty said:

Question: can we build alien spacecraft? What if we pair them with human Mars vehicles (perhaps harvesting the spacecraft for parts)?

I totally missed this question. But I think the rules are pretty clear on alien stuff :sweet:

In case you need an actual answer; NO alien stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Jim said:

I'm impressed by the lack of questions about the rules in this topic :laugh:

Either the contest has clear rules or not many people are interested in it :tongue:

Ok, I actually got one: is PFx Brick allowed? I see that SBrick and BuWizz are allowed.

Edited by kolbjha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kolbjha said:

Ok, I actually got one: is PFx Brick allowed? I see that SBrick and BuWizz are allowed.

Yeah it is. I will add it to the rules. Thanks for pointing it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2019 at 4:55 PM, Jim said:

I'm impressed by the lack of questions about the rules in this topic :laugh:

Either the contest has clear rules or not many people are interested in it :tongue:

I'll hazard a guess that we're starting to get a handle on the way the rules work, in general :thumbup:

Though I am sure to be proven wrong on that, soon enough :laugh: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember well some building toy's brand from the 80's that mainly used that space (mission to mars) theme.

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "robotix 3000"

I still have lot of those and it could well be a good source for inspiration.

You can learn more here (if I'm allowed to post link ?)

http://www.jomitoys.com/search/label/robotix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Boulderer said:

I'll hazard a guess that we're starting to get a handle on the way the rules work, in general :thumbup:

Though I am sure to be proven wrong on that, soon enough :laugh: 

One would hope so....being TC.....16 :laugh:

1 hour ago, fosamax said:

You can learn more here (if I'm allowed to post link ?)

http://www.jomitoys.com/search/label/robotix

Yeah sure, cool!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Legal or not? Tumbler wheel w/ 680c01 threads on it, not stressed. 

20190622_185719.jpg

20190622_185754.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed! Legal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d say...go for it :thumbup:

Please use Eurobricks in the pics :wink: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I assume there’s lots of people working in secret and not posting WIP threads for their entries?

looking forward to seeing what everyone has come up with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we enter the Lego ideas contest with our TC16 models???  it does states this on its rules.. 

Entries must be new creations and not previously posted online or submitted to any other contest.   :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sirslayer said:

Can we enter the Lego ideas contest with our TC16 models???  it does states this on its rules.. 

Entries must be new creations and not previously posted online or submitted to any other contest.   :( 

I think that answers you own question:wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, shadow_elenter said:

I think that answers you own question:wink:

While it kinda does, I like to make an exception this time. Since the contests are pretty much simultaneously, I don't see a real issue and I like to do some Eurobricks promotion.

On 7/1/2019 at 10:21 PM, Jim said:

I’d say...go for it :thumbup:

Please use Eurobricks in the pics :wink: 

And I answered this earlier.

So yeah, do enter the LEGO Ideas contest, but please watermark your pics with Eurobricks or something. I would love to see lots of our entries in their competion and I would love to see a winner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right on @Jim  So I can use Eurobricks on my title if I submit my model to Lego Ideas?? I really think I have a chance and I've seen the entries..  Would be nice to submit a pack of models to complement each other??  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sirslayer said:

Right on @Jim  So I can use Eurobricks on my title if I submit my model to Lego Ideas?? I really think I have a chance and I've seen the entries.. 

Yeah please do! 

1 minute ago, sirslayer said:

Would be nice to submit a pack of models to complement each other??  

That's a cool idea, but I am not sure it's allowed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So @Jim we can use our TC16 entries for the TLG Space competition that's currently on BUT they still have to new and NOT used in any other competition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not that i'll be entering, but the IDEAS competition closes before TC16 so submit your TC16 after IDEAS closes and everything should be ok...

4 hours ago, Seasider said:

I assume there’s lots of people working in secret and not posting WIP threads for their entries?

As much as i would like to make the top 8, I hope so too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am happy to inform you that I have found some prizes :tongue:

42077-1.png

42079-1.png

42093-1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.