Digger of Bricks

LEGO BrickHeadz 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

The Brick Fan - LEGO BrickHeadz Confirmed for 2020

The LEGO BrickHeadz theme has surprisingly been very popular among fans and it was saddening that the rumor of it ending shook the community. It looks like we can finally put that rumor to rest as @Zusammengebaut at LEGO Fan Media Days is reporting that the LEGO BrickHeadz theme is confirmed to be returning in 2020 lead by designer Marcos Bessa (i.e. @marcosbessa ). It is also stated that not only will we get more BrickHeadz, licensed sets will also be returning as well.

Discuss and speculate away! :classic:

While I am happy for the people who like Brickheadz.

I do hope they won't replace Seasonal sets for a 3rd year in a row in 2020, but can exist alongside it.

Edited by TeriXeri

I’m really curious why they took a break this year then and if it will ever be addressed. Last year was really, really overloaded with so many available at once and this year it’s just seasonal. Curious to see the quantity of stuff next year — fingers crossed for Stranger Things!

6 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Curious to see the quantity of stuff next year — fingers crossed for Stranger Things!

Besides Stranger Things (which I too would be very interested to see for the theme), other properties which could potentially be covered next year may include OverwatchAvengers: Endgame, The Rise of SkywalkerJurassic Park (not Jurassic World), Toy Story, DC's Shazam!, and perhaps Disney's Aladdin (the 1992 classic rather than this year's live-action remake). :shrug_oh_well:

3 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

I do hope they won't replace Seasonal sets for a 3rd year in a row in 2020, but can exist alongside it.

Maybe in lieu of seasonal archetypes, perhaps they could rather opt for other generic, yellow-fleshed CMF archetypes such as a Policeman, Knight, Astronaut, Pirate, Cowboy, Cheerleader, Crash test Dummy... 

I wish for more Back to the Future Brickheadz, e.g. the second and third films' versions of Doc and Marty, plus supporting characters (e.g. Biff, Lorraine).

Other new themes I'd love to see are Indiana Jones, Gravity Falls, The Lord of the Rings…

I'm hoping for BrickHeadz sets of Scooby-Doo, Doctor Who, Adventure Time, The Powerpuff Girls, Overwatch, and The Flintstones!

Marcos Bessa just posted on instagram clarifying that all he said was that neither licensed nor non-licensed BrickHeadz are dead, but didn’t specify in what quantity or any other details. So 2020 is pure speculation and it could be earlier or later

13 hours ago, MatthewRC said:

I'm hoping for BrickHeadz sets of Scooby-Doo, Doctor Who, Adventure Time, The Powerpuff Girls, Overwatch, and The Flintstones!

Heh, come to think of it, actually it's rather surprising that we hadn't seen at least a Scooby Doo BrickHeadz dual-pack with Shaggy and Scooby! :oh3: 

13 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Heh, come to think of it, actually it's rather surprising that we hadn't seen at least a Scooby Doo BrickHeadz dual-pack with Shaggy and Scooby! :oh3: 

If, and only if, LEGO still has the Scooby-Doo license, we may see Scooby-Doo BrickHeadz sets to coincide with the upcoming SCOOB! movie next year!

24 minutes ago, MatthewRC said:
14 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

If, and only if, LEGO still has the Scooby-Doo license, we may see Scooby-Doo BrickHeadz sets to coincide with the upcoming SCOOB! movie next year!

Being Warner Brothers and all, I'm pretty Lego have had access to the franchise this whole time, it's just that they either may have had to make room for something else, or that initial 2015 wave simply didn't do as well as they'd hoped. But sure, a cinematic revival of the franchise gives Lego reason to try again! :shrug_oh_well:

12 hours ago, PickleManDan said:

I just hope that they release a Spider-Man BrickHeadz that's not a Comic-con exclusive.

Well, this year's Far From Home certainly could be used to represent Spidey next year within the BrickHeadz theme. 

On 5/26/2019 at 11:04 AM, legozebra said:

I’m really curious why they took a break this year then and if it will ever be addressed. Last year was really, really overloaded with so many available at once and this year it’s just seasonal. Curious to see the quantity of stuff next year — fingers crossed for Stranger Things!

I think this has to do with market calibration. Imagine flooding the market with these untested products. Frankly, I am happy that they scaled down this year because it doesn't seem to be performing too well -- at least where I buy my LEGO sets. All those released in 2018 were just sought after in the discount or clearance bins.

11 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Why is there a 2020 page this early.

To stop the rumours that the theme was about to end with news that it isn't.

The last Brickheadz 2019 thread was made in June as well.

We know this year isn't going to get many more sets (Ghost and Reindeer/Elf seasonals) unless they surprise us.

Edited by TeriXeri

We will get the number 84, as Marcos confirmed. But I don‘t know if its gonna come 2019 or 2020.

Edited by julesvincent

2 hours ago, TeriXeri said:
2 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Why is there a 2020 page this early.

To stop the rumours that the theme was about to end with news that it isn't.

The last Brickheadz 2019 thread was made in June as well.

We know this year isn't going to get many more sets (Ghost and Reindeer/Elf seasonals) unless they surprise us.

Plus, if Harry Potter and the upcoming Trolls World Tour themes have already received topics for their own 2020 waves upon first moment's confirmation, then I think @marcosbessa's word is good enough to get this discussion started earlier than usual. :classic:

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Plus, if Harry Potter and the upcoming Trolls World Tour themes have already received topics for their own 2020 waves upon first moment's confirmation, then I think @marcosbessa's word is good enough to get this discussion started earlier than usual. :classic:

No idea why Harry Potter has a 2020 thread, nothings been confirmed

14 hours ago, Whovastron said:

No idea why Harry Potter has a 2020 thread, nothings been confirmed

Really? :distressed:

Wait, wasn't there at least some tie-in book listed on Amazon that spurred on the discussion of such? :def_shrug:

I was very glad when I heard this "news"! I really hope to see the LEGO Brickheadz sets by Gravity Falls, Stranger Things, Dreamworks cartoons, Harry Potter and DC :dsweet:

Just now, Besters_Brick said:

I really hope to see the LEGO Brickheadz sets by Gravity Falls, Stranger Things, Dreamworks cartoons, Harry Potter and DC :dsweet:

Wait, weren't we supposed to see BrickHeadz sets based upon Gravity Falls last year? :shrug_confused:

1 minute ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Подождите, разве мы не должны были увидеть наборы Брикхеда, основанные на гравитационных падениях в прошлом году? : shrug_confused:

Yes,this rumor really was, but the sets have not appeared :sceptic:  All hope for 2020! :laugh:

Exciting news. Maybe Lego pulled the plug, but fan reaction got them to reconsider? Personally, I would have been fine with just the seasonal ones, but more licensed figures would be welcome, provided there is some kind of soft reboot. Some of the figures, like Star Wars Captain Phasma just don't hold up and maybe getting back to basics, like they started to with the Star Wars OT characters would help. 

Does anyone here see any chance for Pixar's next flick being represented by the BrickHeadz theme next year? :shrug_oh_well:

On 5/31/2019 at 11:22 PM, HawkLord said:

Maybe Lego pulled the plug, but fan reaction got them to reconsider? Personally, I would have been fine with just the seasonal ones, but more licensed figures would be welcome, provided there is some kind of soft reboot.

Due to the saturation of such we saw last year, I'm guessing they just simply gave BrickHeadz a bit of a break for 2019, also perhaps giving TLM2 some breathing room.