Captain Braunsfeld

[Mystery Island 9] In the Laboratory

Something strange is going on...

800x544.jpg

The General entered the laboratory. The scientists appeared to be busy.

"Any progress so far?"

"Well", the Marquis replied, "Several facts are now clear:

Most of the bananarite that caused the explosion was consumed in the explosion. This limits the effects we see to Gunpowder Island.

The remaining aerosolic bananarite has had an enormous mutating effect on the banana plants on the island, creating walking banana mutants."

800x582.jpg

General: "How do we deal with these banana mutants?"

Marquis: "Difficult to say. They are immune to ordinary weapons.   
      You see, the natural banana is a peaceful being.  The idea of 'weapons' is not within bananas.

Still they contain a high portion of unaltered bananarite in their bodies."

General: "How can we harvest this bananarite?"

Marquis: "Well, we have to defeat the walking mutants first. Make them resident again. Then we can apply standard filtering techniques."

800x588.jpg

General: "Then let's defeat them! Let's get them!  Let's get them!
   Em, how do we do this?"

Marquis: "We currently do not know. My assistant has been working on several formulas and potions, but so far ..."

General: "We need a result by tomorrow. Go on."

The General leaves the laboratory and the scientists continue their studies and experiments.

800x483.jpg

(But still, in a different place, indications for  a new hope arose...)

(to be continued)

next chapters:

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/171904-mystery-island-10-never-alone/

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/171938-mystery-island-11-a-scientific-breakthrough/

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld

Fun looking interior with all the different primates and scientific research going on. Very fitting. :thumbup: And some interesting observations too!

I recognize Albert Orangustein's theory there... something about "Energy equals Monkeys and Chimps, times 2." :pir-laugh:

Nice laboratory (and funny above all)! Some monkeybusiness is definitely brewing over there! That "alembic-oid" trans light blue thing is well built and kudos on the old black armless torso (or at least I think it is exactly that :tongue: ) !

12 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

...Marquis: "Difficult to say. They are immune to ordinary weapons.   
      You see, the natural banana is a peaceful being.  The idea of 'weapons' is not within bananas.

:rofl: :iamded_lol: Another hilarious installment to your story, Captain B, and a very monkey-ish build as usual! :grin:  Some of those flask devices really look neat, and the monkey doors are great as always! :thumbup:  Looking forward to seeing where this goes from here :pir-sweet:

On 5/25/2019 at 8:54 AM, Captain Dee said:

Fun looking interior with all the different primates and scientific research going on. Very fitting. :thumbup: And some interesting observations too!

I recognize Albert Orangustein's theory there... something about "Energy equals Monkeys and Chimps, times 2." :pir-laugh:

:laugh: quite right, Albert Orangustein has founded the theory behind this storyline...

On 5/25/2019 at 5:47 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Nice laboratory (and funny above all)! Some monkeybusiness is definitely brewing over there! That "alembic-oid" trans light blue thing is well built and kudos on the old black armless torso (or at least I think it is exactly that :tongue: ) !

Thanks. The trans blue thingies are inspired by professor Thaum.

And it is indeed an old 70s torso :pir-grin:

On 5/25/2019 at 8:47 PM, Garmadon said:

:rofl: :iamded_lol: Another hilarious installment to your story, Captain B, and a very monkey-ish build as usual! :grin:  Some of those flask devices really look neat, and the monkey doors are great as always! :thumbup:  Looking forward to seeing where this goes from here :pir-sweet:

Thanks, I'll tell the monkeys that you liked it. :laugh:

Looks great, I like how the epoulettes and lord-hairstyle fit the monkeys flawless haha. The laboratory details are nice all together.