Garmadon

Mainhall Corridor, de Fiori Castle - Tergiversa

46995545695_17fb4da13b_c.jpg

...Recently, in the mainhall corridor of the de Fiori's castle in Tergaversa... 

800x494.jpg

Alesio de Fiori paced the floor of the mainhall corridor thoughtfully.  It had been a long time since he had been planning on this meeting, and now that the representatives of three of the most powerful rising families in Varlyrio were in Tergiversa, he certainly would not let the opportunity slip.  

He looked up as footsteps sounded down the hall.  Through the doorway came Aureo, Alesio's second and favorite son.

800x600.jpg

"di Carlo has arrived, father."

"Ah, excellent," replied Alesio, with a nod.  "Have him come in."

800x376.jpg

The promising young administrator of his family's affairs, Luca di Carlo had won himself the position of a prosperous merchant from Ostia, and had pushed himself up into Alesio de Fiori's view as a most useful possible ally.  

47122151704_d21d7eacbd_c.jpg

"An excellent evening to you, di Carlo," began Alesio, "and congratulations on the success of your recent experiments.  It is, in fact, at least partly due to that that I had invited you here tonight."

"Oh yes, that worked out better than I had even expected," responded the grinning olive merchant; "but I hear that it was politics that you had in mind for the subject of conversation now?"

"And right once again," Alesio de Fiori replied, smiling - "I see that you're already of my mind on the status quo in Varlyrio.  It's about time things start moving."

"Certainly, my dear de Fiori - but I thought I heard that the representative of another family was to be here as well?"

"Just so - in fact, he has but arrived this very moment."

Captain Conzaga came through the door which had been thrown open just a second before, and strode over to the group.  

After welcoming him to the group, Alesio continued,

"I know it seems on the surface that Varlyrio is as placid as a pond.  But I assure you, beneath the calm the people are getting restless, and I dare say you will agree with me when I say that the Amancio's have ruled for long enough..."

800x469.jpg

...More to come soontm! ... maybe :grin: 

A few more pics without figs:

40944893143_12b0799f5a_c.jpg

Stairs:

47122152444_a603ba3c0f_c.jpg

Arches:

800x451.jpg

And doorway:

47122154384_ee2ef92bd0_c.jpg

And finally another regular build from me!  This thing's been in the works waay too long - since Challenge I, in fact; it was going to be an entry for that - but had to be put off for the Ninjago mods and a bunch of other stuff, but here it finally is!  It is meant to officially start up an alliance between the De Fiori, di Carlo, and Conzaga families, and hopefully get some Varlyrian intrigue moving!

Inspired by this picture  (which I randomly stumbled across and decided that I had to build!), but I have no idea what that's all about :laugh: 

Thanks for viewing, C&C welcome as always! 

Excellent work! The scale and detail are impressive, and the reflections in the floor help add to the feeling of luxury and power on display in the space. Nice story too, looking forward to seeing where it goes...

Really superb!  The colors really make this charming, wonderful atmosphere, and I too dig the posing, especially of di Carli! 

Very nice work.  I like the archways, the pillars have nice detailing.  The colored windows are a nice touch.  The lamps on the stairway are a neat idea.  I really like your figs and nice story too.  

Awesome to see a second interior from you that's every bit as well planned as your blacksmith's!  The atmosphere of this build is gorgeous thanks to the dark-trans on the floor (which is impressive because I'd have thought that dark-trans had no business on a floor :laugh: ) and the transparent colors behind the window lattices add the perfect spice to the white and black.  Then the stairway has a great slant, the arches are all top notch, and the lights on the stairwell give the whole room a unique flair.  The only thing that doesn't seem quite spot on, as I mentioned to you already, is the inset corners of the grey door (although apart from that the door has some really nice detailing) - I feel like they should be flush with the rest of the wall.  But this is still a beautiful interior!

This is a really stunning interior scene! Love the white, and the way you have integrated the "plus" shaped Technic holes into the bannister and also down the stairs.

Great fig posing and looking forward to seeing how this plays out!

Thanks all! 

22 hours ago, The Stad said:

Excellent work! The scale and detail are impressive, and the reflections in the floor help add to the feeling of luxury and power on display in the space. Nice story too, looking forward to seeing where it goes...

Thanks Stad!  The reflections on the floor of the pic I was copying were something I really wanted to capture with this build, and I was very happy with how the trans-dark-clear lent it that marble-y feel!  

So am I - hopefully it'll breathe some life into Varlyrian politics! 

21 hours ago, Eoin Wallace said:

Those interiors and minifig posings are absolutely stunning! Keep it up!:excited:

Thank you! :pir-sweet:  I'll try - so much to build, and so little time! :grin:

20 hours ago, W Navarre said:

Really superb!  The colors really make this charming, wonderful atmosphere, and I too dig the posing, especially of di Carli! 

Thanks man!  That pose kinda just happened while I was playing with the figs :laugh: Glad you like it!  This is definitely how I picture the luxuriousness of Varlyrian nobility.

18 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Very nice work.  I like the archways, the pillars have nice detailing.  The colored windows are a nice touch.  The lamps on the stairway are a neat idea.  I really like your figs and nice story too.  

Thanks pal, glad you enjoyed it!

17 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Awesome to see a second interior from you that's every bit as well planned as your blacksmith's!  The atmosphere of this build is gorgeous thanks to the dark-trans on the floor (which is impressive because I'd have thought that dark-trans had no business on a floor :laugh: ) and the transparent colors behind the window lattices add the perfect spice to the white and black.  Then the stairway has a great slant, the arches are all top notch, and the lights on the stairwell give the whole room a unique flair.  The only thing that doesn't seem quite spot on, as I mentioned to you already, is the inset corners of the grey door (although apart from that the door has some really nice detailing) - I feel like they should be flush with the rest of the wall.  But this is still a beautiful interior!

Ooh, thanks Kai!  I hope to keep 'em coming here if I can! :grin:  

Yep, I really liked how the floor worked - the whole colors and pattern were certainly a bit out there, but it did work great in this context.  Glad you like those windows too - took a lot of fiddling to figure out a solution that'd work!  About that door, yeah - the problem with builds with too many unattached part is that it's awfully hard to keep track of them all when you get to photography! :laugh:  Thanks again, though!

12 hours ago, Basiliscus said:

This is a really stunning interior scene! Love the white, and the way you have integrated the "plus" shaped Technic holes into the bannister and also down the stairs.

Great fig posing and looking forward to seeing how this plays out!

Thanks Bas!  Those axle holes were just perfect for the texture I wanted, which would have been awfully difficult to work out any other way with the white parts I've got.  I just wish that I'd had more of them! :laugh: 

Thanks, and so am I! :thumbup:

Amazing job! This interior is incredible. 
What I like the most is that the scale is perfectly aligned with the minifigs.
The upside down lanterns are beautiful, the windows are great and the black marble flooring is exquisite. 
You nailed it perfectly! Great work. 

Awesome build! Nice to see other colours than gray :grin:. It looks exclusive  :laugh: 

It's an impressing room/hall. But when I saw the picture that you were inspired of I nearly choked on my coffe, Damn! That's almost exactly like the picture. Well done :thumbup: 

Edited by Zilmrud

Seems to be a bit more lighthearted than the source drawing :laugh: Excellent work her Garm, especially on those stairs and uneven floor!

On 5/26/2019 at 11:28 AM, Louis of Nutwood said:

Amazing job! This interior is incredible. 
What I like the most is that the scale is perfectly aligned with the minifigs.
The upside down lanterns are beautiful, the windows are great and the black marble flooring is exquisite. 
You nailed it perfectly! Great work. 

Thanks mate, glad you like it! :classic:

On 5/27/2019 at 10:18 AM, Zilmrud said:

Awesome build! Nice to see other colours than gray :grin:. It looks exclusive  :laugh: 

It's an impressing room/hall. But when I saw the picture that you were inspired of I nearly choked on my coffee! That's almost exactly like the picture. Well done :thumbup: 

:laugh: Yeah, nice to do something different in the castle genre, for once!  Haha, thanks!  I've mostly just recently tried replicating specific pictures or scenes in LEGO instead of coming up with the whole idea myself, and it's quite an interesting challenge to get just right! 

On 5/28/2019 at 3:05 PM, Umbra-Manis said:

Seems to be a bit more lighthearted than the source drawing :laugh: Excellent work her Garm, especially on those stairs and uneven floor!

Ha, ha, that is true! - it'd be awfully hard to capture the dark white marble feel in LEGO without some really impressive photo and lighting set-up!  Thanks mate! :classic:

This is an awesome build that's even more impressive when you consider the picture that you emulated!  Love the lanterns on the staircases, and the elevations that you managed to get out of the stairs.  Very impressive.  I'm looking forward to see what happens with the various families!

Lovely immersive interior. The multiple stair setup is fabulous :wub:

And I'm amazed by how well the trans-black works as the floor tiles!  Nifty to use those torch sconces upside down for once as well :thumbup: