hachiroku

[MOC] Retrofuturistic garage hideout

This creation is the hideout of some outlaws, where they hide their car and where they're building a powerful armor with the technology that they're stealing. I included a police car with two cops, a veteran officer and a rookie. It's on Lego Ideas, so if you like it, please give me some support :tongue:https://ideas.lego.com/projects/b337e208-e3fd-4624-b413-6cf99611924d

47924565927_fac2cd1ddc_c.jpg

47924548967_6c9e7acd97_c.jpg

There is a technic system that allow you to open the roof and a lifter that gets the car out of the hideout. You can open the roof turning the wheel, and lift the car with the crank on the top. Here is a video showing how it works: 

Great looking building, the splash of bright colors are a nice touch. And I really like the exposed pipe area on the front there. I’m digging those two features, the lift is ingenious. Looks a like the Planet Express building. 

3 hours ago, hachiroku said:

This creation is the hideout of some outlaws, where they hide their car and where they're building a powerful armor with the technology that they're stealing. I included a police car with two cops, a veteran officer and a rookie.

So, in terms of the two hovercars, it's a little bit of Blade Runner/Cyberpunk Retrofuturism meets Atompunk/Jetsons/Fallout-brand Retrofuturism? Sweet. I love me some LEGO Retrofuturism, especially when it pops-up on Ideas. :thumbup: :smug:

Looks great, I love all the curves and the greebling on the garage! Those vehicles look amazing as well, I love their slickness! Also I should probably mention that the function is spot-on, it’s pretty impressive you could fit all that into such a small space! Instantly supported, good luck on reaching 10K supporters! :classic: :thumbup:

I love how you managed to make a MOC that is essentially "The Jetsons meets Grand Theft Auto"  I mean the red hover car looks like it could easily exist in the world of The Jetsons as it is.

23 hours ago, Laura Beinbrech said:

"The Jetsons meets Grand Theft Auto"

This! I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but the theme here is really engaging. The almost art-deco curves, colors that work well--the magenta in the right measure makes it just *pop*--are all very pleasing, and the functions/features are the icing on the cake. Well done :thumbup:

First thoughts I had were Star Wars landspeeder (the cop car) meets Futurama style/color building, and then some unique twist to it.

Nice build.

Edited by TeriXeri

5 hours ago, Guyinaplaguemask said:

Did you think you could escape me? :wink:

Seriously, how have I not seen this video?

Generally speaking @Guyinaplaguemask, bumping topics more than a year-ish old is frowned on here at Eurobricks, unless you created the topic / have something really, really meaningful to comment, such as you built a version of it and wanted to show it to the original author. Though that may be pushing it too, as there are tags (such I used for you) for a reason!

Edited by Murdoch17