Sign in to follow this  
General Magma

LEGO Legacy: Heroes Unboxed

LEGO-Legacy-Heroes-Unboxed-Game-Art-Phot

Gameloft and the LEGO Group Unveil “LEGO Legacy: Heroes Unboxed”

40 years of LEGO minifigure history at your fingertips: the first bricks of the upcoming new LEGO mobile game are out of the box

Paris, May 23rd, 2019 – Gameloft, one of the world’s leading publishers of mobile games, and the LEGO Group today revealed the title of their upcoming  game: LEGO Legacy: Heroes Unboxed. This Team-Battle RPG, the first ever LEGO game of this genre, will bring to life 40 years of LEGO minifigure history and universes in a fun and epic way.

LEGO Legacy: Heroes Unboxed is set in a whole new LEGO world where players will collect classic and modern LEGO minifigures and sets, form a party and engage in epic and fun team battles and adventures. The game will feature iconic, fan favorite universes from yesterday and today, recreated with incredible detail to please players of all ages, from the passionate collectors to those who want to bring back childhood memories.

A first glimpse of how the signature humor of the LEGO brand has been built into the game can be found in the teaser trailer, also revealed today. The beloved Captain Redbeard from Set 6270 (1989) emerges from his dusty box in the attic and sets sail for adventure after all these years… he may not be ready yet! Indeed, LEGO Legacy: Heroes Unboxed is set to be released this Fall, but until then Gameloft Toronto will be adding content and completing features.

The studio has been working closely with the LEGO Group for several years, including visits to the LEGO Vault in Billund, Denmark where all the sets and minifigures ever created are archived. The team has been studying vintage instruction manuals and focusing all its skills to perfectly recreate every tiny detail that makes the LEGO experience so enjoyable and memorable. LEGO Legacy: Heroes Unboxed will be faithful to the fun and creativity that make the LEGO brand one of the most beloved brands on Earth.

“LEGO Legacy: Heroes Unboxed is built to bring the enjoyment and fun that you once had, or still have, with LEGO toys,” stated Baudouin Corman, Chief Operating Officer at Gameloft. “We are excited to see these authentic and original LEGO characters from all eras come to life. We have been putting all our efforts, art and craft into this game as we want to delight all LEGO fans, whether their minifigures are tucked away in the attic or proudly shown in the living room.”

Sean McEvoy, Vice President of LEGO Games at the LEGO Group said: “LEGO Games have reached millions of LEGO fans of all ages for over 20 years, extending and amplifying the LEGO play universe.  Enabling our fans to play epic battles with minifigures from our history is a great play promise we are delighted to offer. Gameloft has done fabulous work, maintaining every character’s unique personality and reflecting all the fun, creativity and humor of the LEGO brand in a mobile game.”

LEGO Legacy: Heroes Unboxed is set to be released in Fall 2019 and will be regularly showcased to fans until then, beginning at Brickworld Chicago on June, 15th and 16th. Be sure to visit www.LEGOLEGACY.com to get the latest news on the game.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A promising concept, to say the least. I've always loved nods to classic themes and minifigures, as goes for many of you, so this is an awesome project to be keeping an eye on the coming months.
I'm hoping themes such as Rock Raiders, Adventurers (Johnny Thunder!) and perhaps even LEGO Island, a nod to the first LEGO game, will also appear, even if castle, pirates and space are the most obvious choices.

Discuss away!

Gameloft are determined to get my money. 

Pepper Roni and The Infomaniac had better be there! Also I am hoping for Johnny Thunder, of course. 

Ogel and the Alpha Team would be great fun too. :thumbup:

I am terribly bad at tactical games though. Hey.

Hoping it's a little less dull and borderline-exploitative than the MLP game Gameloft did. Gameloft is notorious for the seedier types of video game monetization, but Lego notably isn't, so it could go either way.

I've got my eyes on this, especially since they mentioned roleplaying elements. Just have to make sure it isn't one of those "pay to win" type of games...

This came as a rather surprise for me, but a welcome one for sure. I will go get it the day one it's released, no matter if  it's free or not. 

I really hope Bionicle makes an aparence in some way, shape or form. 

The game was officially released today! Gameplay is basically identical to any other game of this type, although with a nice Lego aesthetic. One of the best things is being able to collect sets, and see them get built in front of you piece by piece, like Eldorado Fortress or even the Architecture Lego House exclusive set. The devs clearly did their research with classic themes for this, and it shows: names all line up, there's fun dynamics between Basil the Batlord, Willa the Witch, and Majisto the Wizard, and best of all, figures and sets get info boxes showing history like the year they were released, what set they came in, even the piece count. The only downside is the really limited roster. You're basically limited to City, Pirates, Classic Space, Castle, Ninjago, and a Collectible Minifig here and there, without a trace of any other classic theme. The biggest notable omission is Adventurers, which I'm hoping is rectified in future updates. The upside is that they are relatively comprehensive with these lines. Space gets Classic, Blacktron (with Space Police prison cell nods), Insectoids, Ice Planet, Spyrius, even Alien Conquest, Pirates has figures or sets from basically every iteration to date from classic to 2009 to 2015, etc.

Edited by legozebra

I'm actually enjoying this game. It's fun and silly, and there's some actually funny jokes in their on occaision.

On 3/4/2020 at 4:59 PM, KotZ said:

I'm actually enjoying this game. It's fun and silly, and there's some actually funny jokes in their on occaision.

I also enjoying this game, like those classic references. I doubt that today's children really know those classic knights or blacktron guys... but for AFOLs it is a nice game :classic:

It's a clear rip off of star wars galaxy of heroes but it's nice to be able to start from a place where there isn't a crazy amount of power creep.

I have been enjoying it.  It's a pay to win game though so I will never give it a dime.  I can still compete with the top players on my server being free to play since its so new just by being efficient.  That won't last forever.

It's fun to kill some time but I don't see it lasting.  The games forum is being discontinued and they are telling people to use social media instead.  

It's definitely not like your standard lego game that is targeted at kids.  This is purely there to get some of that goh/msf money from afols.

On 3/20/2020 at 12:42 PM, lego the hutt said:

It's fun to kill some time but I don't see it lasting.  The games forum is being discontinued and they are telling people to use social media instead.  

It's definitely not like your standard lego game that is targeted at kids.  This is purely there to get some of that goh/msf money from afols.

Agree on this, it is fun to play to kill time but in long term boring smash your enemies to get forwards. And it is a pay to play better game and I hate this side of the games and will never pay like this in any game.

But I like the figs and the backstories for them. The story of the game isn't half bad but neither isn't any "whoa awesome story" like but don't think anybody was expecting it to be. :wink:

Give the game 3/5 and this is just because the backstories are funny and great. And that we see classic minifigures and sets be part of this games world. Gameplay is in 1.5-2/5.

I have a guild called Incredible Bastion Guild, and I'm looking for members to join if anyone would like to.

I play every day, I'm level 50 and I do share my best heroes to help you defeat enemies.

It's a casual guild and open to anyone.