megatroptimus

Question about the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid (75015)

Do you think it would be possible to modify it to sit a minifig inside in similar fashion to the tank droid that came with the Wookie Attack set? I'd like to keep the overall look for the exterior.

Edited by megatroptimus

Hi! Welcome to Eurobricks!

It should be possible to make an interior but it'll be a hard time getting the minifig in and out of the tank due to the treads and the dishes on the sides.

with Lego all is possible with a bit of imagination...

i see the model, is possible, buti think the real problem is the dishes... you will have a minifig inside but the dishes are firm, not openable...

and... what minifig you want inside?

Edit:

I've worked a bit on the model and with some added parts (red) nd some other erased an example of clone trooper can fit inside..

the real problem remain the dishes.. i've not found a way to have a openable sliding dish... the only thing i think works is a attached dish deattachable... (sorry for my bad english) you can remove a dish, put inside the minifig and reconnect the dish again...

Edited by Rustinidiel

Interesting... Actually, I was thinking about reproducing the mechanism used on the Wookie set, with the discs swinging back... I just wonder if the interior can allow that, it's probably completely different?

sorry but i not understand... the tank in the wookiee attack has sliding dishes and can fit inside a minifig... if you already got the Corporate Alliance tank droid 75015, you only need to replace the dishes mechansm and the interior with the wookie attack tank... i think is the easyest way

Edit:

i found a solution... to mantain my previous interior and the sliding dishes... let me know if you like it

but... i needed to erase the bars on the back of the tank... or the dishes not slide enough... you can fix it with using a different design of detail on the back of tank

tank_droid2.jpg

tank_droid1.jpg

Edited by Rustinidiel

I know it doesn't really make sense in the Star Wars lore, but I liked the shape of the tank so much that it had to accommodate a minifig. Drones are too stupid on their own anyway. lol

Edited by megatroptimus

The only problem I have with it is that it has a clone trooper in it and not a battle droid, haha. Nice modification!