Hello again everyone

Following on from my Snowspeeder post a few weeks back I realised I had neglected to build the Rebel Transport from Empire Strikes Back.  So I decided to rectify that.

There are no really tricky elements to this build.  It does switch from 2 to 3 studs at the bottom using the new 2x3 jumper plates.  This then allows the 5-stud wide main body to get the shape at the front.  It is not as round at the front as it should be but you can’t always do everything in this scale and you have to approximate. 

It also uses the old finger hinge plates to attach the side “panels”.  It would have needed a 1 plate high gap between the clip/hinge and the main body to use clips or the clicky hinges so sometimes old is better!

Hope you like it

Jon

rebeltransport1.jpegrebeltransport2.jpegrebeltransport3.jpegrebeltransport4.jpegrebeltransport5.jpegrebeltransport6.jpegrebeltransportdisplay.jpeg

Edited by obijon

This is a cool little model! I’m surprised no one else has commented yet. I like how you were able to use the old style hinges to get the shape on the bottom or the ship without making the gap between the top and bottom too big. Can’t wait to see what’s next!

Thanks very much.  I have a few models nearly ready but our house is being decorated at the moment and all my LEGO is packed away out of the way.