Lego David

What is your favorite LEGO-related song?

Trough out LEGO Themes, we got plenty of songs to help promote a LEGO Theme. Cryroshel's Gravity Hurts for Bionicle 2008, The Fold's Weekend Whip for Ninjago, Carpark North's Unbreakable for Nexo Knights, or even something as simple as The LEGO Movie's Everything is Awsome, just to name a few. 

What is your personal favorite LEGO or LEGO-related song? 

Everything's not awesome, things can't be awesome all of the time, its not a realistic expectation, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to make everything awesome, in a less idealistic kind of way...

Might do some AFOL some good to really pay attention to the lyrics.

I'm not a fan of the cheesy pop in most LEGO movies, so I'll go with the soft rock of Chima: Day of Glory

21 minutes ago, MAB said:

I'm not a fan of the cheesy pop in most LEGO movies, 

I agree with that... I am not a fan of those either. IDK, maybe LEGO should work on improving the songs in their movies, but maybe that is just me.

I too prefer the soft rock ones such as the Chima ones too.

Edited by Lego David

I like a lot of Lego-related songs but for some reason Brick by Brick from the car radio in Lego Island has a tendency to get stuck in my head even after all these years.

Among the Lego movies, Queen Watevra's Not Evil in TLM2 is a masterpiece of musical theatre, both in the way it subverts common musical tropes (is it an "I am" song or a villain song?), how effectively it establishes the character, and its accompanying visuals in the movie itself (which are wonderfully trippy). I Found You from the Lego Batman Movie is also a little cheesy but nonetheless heartwarming.

Favorite Bionicle song is probably Gravity Hurts, which is emotionally raw like most of Cryoshell's other songs but nonetheless has a triumphant feel to it.

Other favorites include If You Dare to Believe and Think Twice/Point of View from Lego Elves.

Well, I do kinda dig Loren Balfe's score to The LEGO Batman Movie, though I personally find it hard to think of as "Lego" music, as it's rather more of a ode to Batman's orchestral history and musical motifs. My personal favorite is A Long Farewell:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

40 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

I like a lot of Lego-related songs but for some reason Brick by Brick from the car radio in Lego Island has a tendency to get stuck in my head even after all these years.

Aaaand now it's stuck in my head. Thanks a lot. :laugh:

The whole score from The LEGO Movie is pretty fantastic, but "Cloud Cuckooland and Ben the Spaceman" is a particular standout for me.

And I also quite like "LEGO House" by Ed Sheeran; I recently put that on a tenth-anniversary mix CD I made for my wife, and she really likes it too.

Not exactly a song (since no one's singing), but I'm quite fond of "Our Universe," the main theme from LEGO Universe:

Many of the other tracks from the game soundtrack are a delight to listen to, such as "Nimbus Walks," "Elephant Escarpment," and "Pirate Camp."

Great question! I've never been super great at picking favorites, but I do love LEGO-related songs and have two playlists of them on my phone (one of instrumentals and one of songs with lyrics).

Of songs with lyrics, a recent favorite is "Not Evil" from The LEGO Movie 2. I also love many of The Fold's songs for LEGO Ninjago, such as "Day of the Departed", "The Time is Now", "Ninja Roll", and "Enter the Tournament".

Of instrumental songs, most of my favorites are probably from Jay Vincent and Michael Kramer's LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu score, such as "Ninjago Overture", "Falcon Chase", "Revealing the Green Ninja", "Taking the Bait", "Misako", "Temple of Light", "What Powered Zane", and Nya's water ninja theme from Season 5. But I also love Miles Hankins' theme to LEGO Elves: Secrets of Elvendale!

This is somewhat off-topic, but it amuses me and might amuse you too.

Years before there was any such thing as a LEGO Movie, my music of choice for inspiration while building was the soundtrack to an early Wii game called Boom Blox. It's a game about setting up and/or knocking down towers of blocks, and the various sub-games take place in a variety of broad-strokes imaginative settings such as medieval castle-forts, the Old West, a tropical volcano, a haunted house, etc. So I got a pretty strong LEGO vibe from the music, which was composed by...

Wait for it...

Mark Mothersbaugh

On 5/24/2019 at 8:04 AM, Karalora said:

Mark Mothersbaugh

Nice :purrr: Mr. Devo's Lego scores are all great for some background noise, and I have found myself really loving some of his other movie stuff as well.

For favorite, I quite like Beck's "Super Cool" from TLM2 because, well, I've been in the Beck camp for a long time now, plus the "lets-sing-the-credits-during-the-credits" bit scratches too specific of an itch for me to not enjoy it endlessly.

“Forever Autumn” from Jeff Wayne’s musical version of War of the Worlds... the tune was originally written for a Lego radio advert in 1969!! 

Polish composer and singer Andrzej Rybiński made a song about Lego in 1983 called "Life made with Lego bricks". He even use word FABULAND in it. :)

Edited by Lordofdragonss

On 5/27/2019 at 10:55 AM, greg3 said:

“Forever Autumn” from Jeff Wayne’s musical version of War of the Worlds... the tune was originally written for a Lego radio advert in 1969!! 

Really?!!!! Man I hope this is true. I love that song and I'm a huge Justin Hayward/ Moody Blues fan.

Edit: yes it's true, that's awesome!

+1 for Forever Autumn.

Edited by allanp