Hello, let's start the race!

It is my own hypercar concept with a minifigure. I reused some details of my earlier idea called "Hypercar concept 1", but I wanted to build this car even more dynamic. It is a studless model built from standard LEGO elements. The overall size is similar to the Speed Champions sets, but the wheels are from City sets as I wanted to keep the height to length ratio closer to the real sports cars.

If you like this car, please share and support it on Lego Ideas:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/146d40fc-49de-4af5-8173-4c73892a003e

Many thanks!

47081807474_7c92605a41_c.jpgStreet racer 01 by László Torma, on Flickr

47871143671_1aa2ec49d4_c.jpgStreet racer 04 by László Torma, on Flickr

Im not normally a fan of supercars but i really do like the look of this ... It has some good body lines.  How "swooshable" is it though?

Cool MOC, it very much reminds me of a McLaren F1, the roofscoop, headlights, taillights and general profile are pretty much spot on

McLaren-F1.jpg

On 5/18/2019 at 4:13 PM, _TLG_ said:

The overall size is similar to the Speed Champions sets, but the wheels are from City sets as I wanted to keep the height to length ratio closer to the real sports cars.

That's a great concept, it's similar to the "City Champions" setup I came up with some years ago, see e. g. this "Lambo"-ish racer:

26069495013_2e1ec27529_n.jpg

Regarding the wheels you may get a better result by combining SC hubcaps with the newer Town tires (though this might not get through on an Ideas model):

16936587087_64f31d4073_n.jpg

Anyhow good luck with your project! :thumbup:

21 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Im not normally a fan of supercars but i really do like the look of this ... It has some good body lines.  How "swooshable" is it though?

Thanks!

10 hours ago, vectormatic said:

Cool MOC, it very much reminds me of a McLaren F1, the roofscoop, headlights, taillights and general profile are pretty much spot on

McLaren-F1.jpg

Thanks! Yes, it is really similar :)

9 hours ago, ER0L said:

That's a great concept, it's similar to the "City Champions" setup I came up with some years ago, see e. g. this "Lambo"-ish racer:

Your car is cool! I have seen it before. Has it City tires?

9 hours ago, ER0L said:

Anyhow good luck with your project

Thanks!

On 5/20/2019 at 10:29 PM, _TLG_ said:

Has it City tires?

It's the exact setup as shown above. The "newer" (in fact produced for 6 years now) 21 x 9.9 Town tires had a big impact on Minifig scale car design because of the much more realistic (which at this scale means: hardly visible) profiling.

However, the "older", more profiled 21 x 12 Town tires (which - for whatever reason - are still being produced by TLG and used in City sets) aren't obsolete: You may very well use them on 4x4 vehicles where a "rugged" look is more desirable:

47851276872_dddb8601bf_n.jpg

On 5/20/2019 at 12:44 PM, ER0L said:

Regarding the wheels you may get a better result by combining SC hubcaps with the newer Town tires (though this might not get through on an Ideas model):

16936587087_64f31d4073_n.jpg

Anyhow good luck with your project! :thumbup:

Thanks for the explanation, I have modified the wheels and I have add a racing stripe too :)

Btw you have very nice builds on Flickr.

Edited by _TLG_

On 11/4/2019 at 4:29 AM, Merlict said:

Pretty cool. Might look good  with a white / silver stripe. 

Thanks! I will try it :)

Don't know but I think this is one of the coolest car I've seen lately.
the Red stripe looks good, but I think I like the whole black one better, it's has 'something'.
And I like the taillights more. With the red-stripe version I think they are a bit on the high side.
Maybe an idea to make it with square tiles, and those double exhaust?
Like a I said, cool car(s). btw. Do you have more pics of that with Nitro on it? Looks great too. Trabant?

On 11/20/2019 at 1:07 PM, neonic said:

Don't know but I think this is one of the coolest car I've seen lately.
the Red stripe looks good, but I think I like the whole black one better, it's has 'something'.
And I like the taillights more. With the red-stripe version I think they are a bit on the high side.
Maybe an idea to make it with square tiles, and those double exhaust?
Like a I said, cool car(s). btw. Do you have more pics of that with Nitro on it? Looks great too. Trabant?

Thanks a lot! There are three versions of this car, and there are only little differencies, and therefore they are in the same topic. I like the original, whole black version too, because it is a bit "mysterious" and post apocalyptic :). I will think about your advices.

Yes, it is a Trabant 601. It has an own topic, but maybe not in the right forum (LEGO Scale Modeling) :

The other picture in the signature is this one: