029.jpg

029.jpg

029.jpg

029.jpg

029.jpg

029.jpg

029.jpg

Rules

(Deviations from the EB standard Mafia rules are in bold blue. Modified clauses have been struck through.)

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Villagers (Town) or the Hellions (Mafia) or the Monsters (Mafia). To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Mafia, while the Mafia needs to outnumber the Town Monsters must eliminate the Hellions and control 50% of the village or nothing can prevent this from occurring, and the Hellions must eliminate the Monsters and control 50% of the village or nothing can prevent this from occurring Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

Mod note: Why the clarification of the win conditions now? The two Scum factions have had this win condition in their role PMs from Day One. The wording in the rules was accurate but purposely vague as this game has a closed setup, meaning the mechanics are not revealed to everyone before the games begins. The trigger in the game for the win condition to be clarified in the rules was the first Scum deaths, so there you go. Carry on...

1a. This is an anonymous game and you may only post in your character account sent to you by the host. Be sure to check before you post that you are in your anonymous account and not in your main Eurobricks account.

1b. Those who are allowed to communicate in private should not reveal their true identities to each other, either.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

2a. If you need to, at any point during the game, you can proxy your vote to another player by posting in this format: Proxy: (Character) Similarly, to take your vote back, post in this format: Un-Proxy (Character) (I'm not sure but it feels like I'm butchering grammar there.)

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached. A majority being reached will not end the day. The day will continue for the full 72 hours and any majority vote that is reached can be overturned. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

3.5. Players may not target the same player two nights in a row, and may not target themselves. Unless otherwise noted in your role PM, players can target the same player two nights in a row or themselves.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the following day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage. Similarly, you may not directly quote any communications (via PM or writeboard) that were sent to you by other players in the game. If you wish to reveal private communications, these must also be paraphrased. 

5a. The Role PM is structured for every player in this way:

Character: Character name (player)

Affiliation: Villager (Town) or Hellions (Scum) or Monsters (Scum) or third-party (Neutral)

Role: [Either the details of a Night Action or] Your weapon is your vote, you have no night actions.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

6a. Only specific players are allowed to communicate outside of the day thread. These players are only allowed to communicate with each other during the Night phase of the game. As reporting of Night Action results to each other may be hindered by time zones, this allowable communication period will last until voting opens in the Day thread.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a vote penalty of half the required majority against you on your first offence, and the death of your character on your second offence. Violation of rule 7 will have a heavier penalty, including suspension, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator.

12. There are no hints or clues in the day/night images.

NPC

schaefer_tn.jpg

Schaefer Sheepdog, Lawspeaker

palma_tn.jpg

Palma Pig, Scribe

pernilla_tn.jpg

Pernilla, Badass

sundra.jpg

Sundra Spider, Forest Shaman

Survivor (1)

whitby_tn.jpg

Whitby Walrus (TariqJ), Cook, Winner! Along with his team Hellion

**Occupations are strictly for players to have fun with their characters.

Deceased (14)

braxton_tn.jpg

Braxton Bear, Blacksmith, murdered Night One Villager

cleo_tn.jpg

Cleo Cow (Sir Stig), Coin Minter, murdered Night One Villager

myrtle_tn.jpg

Myrtle Monkey (KotZ), Seamstress, lynched Day Two Villager

pascha_tn.jpg

Pascha Poodle, Carpenter, murdered Night Two Villager

pierot_tn.jpg

Pierot Parrot (jimmynick), Magistrate, murdered Night Two Villager

huxley_dead.jpg

Huxley Horse, Farmer, lynched Day Three Monster

gracie_dead.jpg

Gracie Goat, Silk Merchant, murdered Night Three Hellion

ronan_dead.jpg

Ronan Rabbit (Kristel), Bread Merchant, murdered Night Three Villager

caldwell_tn.jpg

Caldwell Crocodile (Trekkie 99), Fisherman, lynched Day Four Hellion

leevi_tn.jpg

Leevi Lion (fhomess), Bricklayer, murdered Night Four Villager

brewer_tn.jpg

Brewer Bunny (Khscarymovie4), Trauma Therapist, lynched Day Five Monster

ember_tn.jpg

Ember Elephant (Bob), Explorer, murdered Night Five Villager

bennett_tn.jpg

Bennett Bulldog (mediumsnowman), Cheftain, lynched on Day Six Villager

haydn_tn.jpg

Haydn Hippo (Chromeknight), Dishwasher, murdered on Night Six Villager

It's over! Thank you to everyone for playing your hardest in this game. I really enjoyed hosting and am impressed by everyone. You have great attitudes and you did a lot of work with not many tools at your disposal. Both Scum teams and Town should be really happy with a game extremely well played.

I have to get back to work at the moment, but here is the basic setup:

Based on this setup from Mafiawiki

2 Mafia A (Hellion) Goons
1 Mafia A (Hellion) Day Blocker

1 Mafia B (Monster) Goon
1 Mafia B (Monster) Blocker

1 Town Day Inventor (4 protector, 3 blocker, 1 vigilante (not available until Night Four))
1 Town Tracker
(1 Backup Day Inventor) (2 protector, 2 blocker)

8 Vanilla Townies

2 of the Hellion/Town are selected to be Anti-Monster Masons (Started with Pierot Parrot and Whitby Walrus)
2 of the Monster/Town are selected to be Anti-Hellion Masons (Started with Bennett Bulldog and Ember Elephant)

Each Masonry can recruit one player during the game for a total of 3 players in each, including dead players.

And here is the dead board: https://123.writeboard.com/n9vzag4e20p034trjpitujjg
password: onoz1ded

Quick note: I get a little harsh in judgement towards the end with the remaining town. I was well aware that I can't know what it's like to be in your mindset during the game, and I tried to mention that every time I criticized your gameplay.

Night Actions

Day 1
Hellions —Whitby Walrus blocks Braxton Bear (Successful, no effect)
Villagers —Myrtle Monkey gives herself one-shot protection (Successful)

Night 1
Hellions —Caldwell Crocodile kills Braxton Bear (Successful)
Monsters —Huxley Horse kills Cleo Cow (Successful)
                —Brewer Bunny blocks Pierot Parrot (Successful, no effect)
Villagers —Ronan Rabbit tracks Gracie Goat (Successful-Gracie doesn't target anyone)

—Myrtle protects herself (Successful-Myrtle isn't targeted anyway)

Anti-Hellion Masons —Bennett Bulldog recruits Ronan Rabbit (Successful)
Anti-Monster Masons —Whitby Walrus recruits Caldwell Crocodile (Successful)

Day 2
Hellions
—Whitby Walrus blocks Myrtle Monkey (Successful)
Villagers —Myrtle Monkey gives Bennett Bulldog one-shot block (Unsuccessful)

Night 2
Hellions
—Caldwell Crocodile kills Pascha Poodle (Successful)
Monsters —Huxley Horse kills Pierot Parrot (Successful)
                —Brewer Bunny blocks Ember Elephant (Successful-no effect)
Villagers —Ronan Rabbit targets Leevi Lion (Successful-Leevi doesn't target anyone)

Day 3
Hellions
—Whitby Walrus blocks Ronan Rabbit (Successful, no effect)
Villagers —Leevi Lion gives Bennett Bulldog one-shot protection (Successful)

Night 3
Hellions
—Whitby Walrus kills Ronan Rabbit (Successful)
Monsters —Brewer Bunny kills Gracie Goat (Successful)
                —Brewer Bunny blocks Caldwell Crocodile (Successful, no effect)
Villagers —Bennet Bulldog protects himself (Successful-Bennet isn't targeted anyway)

Day 4
Hellions
—Whitby Walrus blocks Leevi Lion (Successful)
Villagers —Leevi Lion gives Bennett Bulldog one-shot block (Unsuccessful)

Night 4
Hellions
—Whitby Walrus kills Leevi Lion (Unsuccessful)
             —Whitby Walrus blocks Bennett Bulldog (Unsuccessful)

Monsters —Brewer Bunny kills Leevi Lion (Successful)
                —Brewer Bunny blocks Whitby Walrus (Successful)

Night 5
Hellions
—Whitby Walrus kills Ember Elephant (Successful)
              —Whitby Walrus blocks Bennett Bulldog (Successful, no effect)

Night 6
Hellions
—Whitby Walrus kills Haydn Hippo (Successful)
              —Whitby Walrus blocks Haydn Hippo (Successful)

Some general commentary: Symmetry isn't guaranteed in the composition of the teams. There was no reason to believe the two Scum groups were the same or that they mirrored the Masonries (although, that might make a cool game!) And apologies to those who got hung up on one player having two actions. It has been a few years since I've played a game here, but at one point it was EB Mafia standard to give the last Scum a fighting chance with a kill and a block.

I will post Night Action results, role PMs and some feedback over the next few days.

Thank you! If you're pissed off with the ending, go easy on me. I love you!!

Feel free to reveal your true identities if you want. Please let me know if you'd like to keep your identity secret. Also, please let me know if everyone is OK with me revealing the rest of the writeboards.

BAWK!

Hi, Pierot Parrot here! Thanks for hosting, Hinckley. I enjoyed all the cutscenes, particularly the one in which Pernilla became a HAM SANDWICH and the ones on Day Six.

Everyone else did a great job and I had oodles of fun watching on the deadboard. I'm happy for everyone to see my masonry's writeboard, as boring as it is.

Congrats Hellions, you deserved it.

BAWK!

16 minutes ago, jimmynick said:

I enjoyed all the cutscenes, particularly the one in which Pernilla became a HAM SANDWICH and the ones on Day Six.

I have to admit that I was incredibly amused with myself when I was "filming" the carnival scenes. :blush:

Thank you!

The cutscenes and story were honestly the best part of the whole game IMO. :laugh:

OMG ham sandwich rank!!!! Thanks Hink!!! :grin_wub:

Congrats to the Hellions and thanks for a great game, @Hinckley

I've got loads of bread left if anyone is hungry.  As long as you don't use it to make a ham sandwich!!

16 minutes ago, Trekkie99 said:

The cutscenes and story were honestly the best part of the whole game IMO. :laugh:

Thank you! I used to meddle a lot as a host and I really enjoyed watching people play this time and leaving it all up to the mechanics. I think the best part was the players. :blush:

14 minutes ago, Kristel said:

Congrats to the Hellions and thanks for a great game, @Hinckley

I've got loads of bread left if anyone is hungry.  As long as you don't use it to make a ham sandwich!!

Or a sweater! :laugh:

Fun game.  I like the fact that Hinck challenged some of our assumptions, including not being allowed to PM.

Fun fact, I'm also the S'mores Fairy in my home in real life...  sorry I didn't give you one, Haydn.

Brewer Bunny here. 

Man that was a fantastic game! I agree that everyone was fantastic job this game and made it very fun and challenging. GG everyone and congratulations to the hellions. 

I am fine with the monster board being read. 

Well. Bennett Bulldog here.

I read through the deadboard, and… oh.

First of all, a huge thanks to Hinckley for hosting. Pictures were great, story was engaging, and threads were always up in a timely manner. I really enjoyed myself for the first five days, and was playing what I think has been one of my best games, second only to the Convention. I was particularly happy with Day 5, turning around a 4-1 lynch to nab a Monster, and that definitely vindicated my theories going into the last day. The way Brewer and Haydn were interacting seemed incredibly scummy, especially how they seemed to come out of the gate after me together and all that voting/unvoting at the end of the day.

That being said, I never considered that the scum teams might be uneven. I also didn’t consider that Brewer could have executed two actions simultaneously – after the backlash from Pirates I really didn’t think that mechanic would appear again so soon. Not lynching the last day seemed to be the only course of action since I was absolutely convinced Haydn and Brewer were on the same team and Whitby was definitely Hellion, which would have made scum killing each other in the night the only way for town to win. Only having one kill the night before wasn;t a big deal to me – it seemed perfectly reasonable that both killers could have gone after the same person, with so few people remaining.

I’d also like to apologize to whoever played Haydn. By the end I was getting really irritated with you. I don’t entirely know why, but I had been suspicious of you all game and Brewer’s flip seemed to me to confirm my theory was correct. I couldn’t understand your behavior on the last day, and I really thought you must be so irritated with me as well that you would hand Whitby the win just so I couldn’t have it. You can read the day thread and the anti-Hellion writeboard, but my attitude and some of my comments directed at Haydn were definitely out of line.

That brings me to proxy voting. Proxy voting makes sense in early game, maybe, when as Hinckley said people might be restricted from voting due to time zones, schedules and such, but when its down to three and it seemed to me Haydn was proxying for the sole purpose of making sure I didn’t win it really ticked me off, and I don’t think that should have been allowed.

I also have a confession to make. I’m a high school senior, and I won’t turn 18 until next week, yet I’ve been active on Eurobricks for years. I’ve even hosted two mafia games. I haven’t been as active over the last year, I skipped out on Kintober’s game, and I haven’t MOC’d anything in a long time. Between my part-time job, school, sports, applying to colleges, and the general stress that comes with all the loose ends that have to tied up to finish up high school my time has been extremely limited. Yet I’ve been championing anonymous games to revive mafia for a long time, and I couldn’t not sign up for back-to-back anonymous games by Bob and Hinckley. That’s legendary.

I got accepted to dual study bioengineering and pre-medicine at a school in Texas, and I will be moving there next year, but there’s a lot of stress and cost that is associated with that transition, and these last few weeks have been particularly frustrating in that arena. Add in finals and missing an entire week of class to take AP tests, and you have a recipe for disaster. I fear I may have misdirected some of that pent-up frustration into this game, especially at Haydn’s perceived obstinance, and for that I am very sorry.

Hinckley can feel free to post the PM I sent him after I was lynched, and his very kind response, if he wishes, but I think I will be taking a nice long break from Mafia. I wish you all the best.

I kind of gave away on the deadboard who I was, but I'm Ember Elephant. Hi, hope you all enjoyed my song.

Hosting the previous anonymous mafia game gave me a bit of insight as to who was who, although I was a bit wrong. I tried not to really think about it. 

Just now, mediumsnowman said:

but I think I will be taking a nice long break from Mafia. I wish you all the best.

We did a good job in the masonry together. It took a lot of courage for me to trust you, since I've had very bad experience. As I said on the deadboard, I wouldn't feel bad at all. I would have been in the exact same position you were in on that last day, believing that I was the last townie surrounded by scum. If Whitby had killed you and let me alive, we probably still would have lost. As I said, it's easy for the dead to think it's very obvious because they know the entire game and layout post-death. So if you're thinking that you lost the game for us, please don't. 

I've added the Night Actions to the first post.

As for the last scum getting two night actions, well, I think that's just plain wrong. What kind of a host would do such a thing? :look:

6 minutes ago, mediumsnowman said:

I read through the deadboard, and… oh.

First of all, a huge thanks to Hinckley for hosting. Pictures were great, story was engaging, and threads were always up in a timely manner. I really enjoyed myself for the first five days, and was playing what I think has been one of my best games, second only to the Convention. I was particularly happy with Day 5, turning around a 4-1 lynch to nab a Monster, and that definitely vindicated my theories going into the last day. The way Brewer and Haydn were interacting seemed incredibly scummy, especially how they seemed to come out of the gate after me together and all that voting/unvoting at the end of the day.

And go with this, because it was an incredibly strong game. It's hard to get past our assumptions, in this game and in life. But you shouldn't let the loss reflect on your amazing game play and yes, the day five lynch turnaround was epic and impressive. All of your feedback makes sense and I will definitely take your experience into consideration when I put my next game together (hopefully, in November!) Congratulations on your college acceptance. To be honest, I could never tell if you were 15 or 30. :laugh:

I'll have more thoughts on everyone's play later, but just wanted to comment on this because you played so hard and I think you should look at it as a positive experience. By all means, take a break if you need to, but I wouldn't detract from anything you decided to do. Especially knowing your mindset on Day Six, you did play it exactly the way you should've. I'll write more about assumptions later. :blush: Great work, man. I'm so glad you played my game.

1 minute ago, Bob said:

As for the last scum getting two night actions, well, I think that's just plain wrong. What kind of a host would do such a thing? :look:

:snicker:

4 minutes ago, Bob said:

Hosting the previous anonymous mafia game gave me a bit of insight as to who was who, although I was a bit wrong.

Wait until you hear who played Whitby. :wink:

2 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

To be honest, I could never tell if you were 15 or 30. :laugh:

I'll choose to take that as a compliment. :laugh:

Buh-bye h-hippo. I'll miss you!

first, grats to the Hellionz and to Whitby.

to the townies, that one is on me, sorry.

Man, what a ride! I've played a handful of mafia games and somehow, end up deep in the game. I think I described it to the wonderful host Hink as stressful fun.

I hate no pm games! Utterly! I am a talkative player. Very talkative. So I was super frustrated at the end where there was so little to be said.

Youll be able to see from tags I'm in Australia, which meant days often started and ended when I was asleep. On the final day I knew stuff might happen, but couldn't be awake the night, hence the threat of proxy.

then Whitby spoke, I was reading in bed, almost asleep and his pitch made some sense, but by that point I'd've given the win to Sundra if she'd asked. Stymied from lack of discussion and a whole game of being shut out of conversations meant I was clawing the walls wanting it to be over and just sleep.

I'm sorry to Braxton for the slender accusation. Bamboozled by Pierot, though reading the dead board you got dealt a crap hand dude. Props to Leevi, Ember and Brewer who played hard too.

Just now, Bob said:

Oh dear me yes I do wonder. :laugh: 

Personally I'm fine with it as well as the uneven amount of players, I just would have wanted to know it was a possibility. But unless rules are put in that prohibit performing multiple night actions and uneven scum numbers, now we know! :sweet:

@Chromeknight you put up a wonderful fight. :thumbup: :thumbup:

LoL that rhymes.

11 minutes ago, mediumsnowman said:

I'll choose to take that as a compliment. :laugh:

It was meant as such. :laugh:

17 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

Wait until you hear who played Whitby. :wink:

:moar:

Bravo Whitby!!! Kinda wish you kept posting in the Hellion board and shared what you were thinking, but either way well done!

Wait I can post in my real account? :tongue:

I was Whitby Walrus. So basically I was a Hellion and anti monster mason. Gracie and Caldwell helped a lot behind the scenes as you’ll see in the dead board. 

I too thought there were three scum in each team until I realised Brewer must have been given a block and a kill just like I had done. I was sort of able to use that to my advantage by trying to blame it in either Haydn or Bennett.

Also nice to see we had the dead board back. I Had a quick skim but will read more later.

@jimmynick I think this is the third(?) time we’ve been in Private contact in a game! I’m really sorry for having to create that lie about you being the mailman and investigator. It was great playing with you briefly and hopefully no hard feelings :thumbup:

@Chromeknight @mediumsnowman Same goes for you guys. Both of you played really well. 

Massive thanks to Hinckley for this game. Pictures were great. As was that stunning MOC. And all the threads were on time. Cheers for also reassuring me at the start of the game. 

1 hour ago, mediumsnowman said:

You really did play well until the final day when you couldn't see through to the twists that Hinck added.  Like Bob, I wasn't surprised you made the choices you did.  You were the only player who I was pretty sure was town, hence why I tried to give you an invention twice.  Getting out of your lynch was pretty epic.  Very nicely done.

Also very nicely done on getting into bio-eng/pre-med.  That's going to be tough, but I'm sure you'll be fine!

Tariq... how did you live so long without posting in your normal account!  Astounding!  :tongue:

Edited by fhomess

Just now, fhomess said:

Tariq... how did you live so long without posting in your normal account!  Astounding!  :tongue:

It’s a question I’m still pondering today :grin: 

I will say though, I think on Day 2(?) I was beginning to post in my actual EB account and luckily Hinckley noticed and posted a quick message on the day thread. Quite literally saved me there!

2 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

It’s a question I’m still pondering today :grin: 

I will say though, I think on Day 2(?) I was beginning to post in my actual EB account and luckily Hinckley noticed and posted a quick message on the day thread. Quite literally saved me there!

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Yes! I wondered if you had actually been posting or just quoting things into a notepad or Word. Glad you caught my warning. I didn't follow Pirates Mafia too closely, but I did figure out that you had posted in your real account several times. Nice job on that being the one almost-instance.

Once I saw you were out of the topic, I deleted the warning.

For everyone else's sake, I saw "Tariq J" in italics in the Day Thread, so I posted "It looks like someone is about to post in their real EB account instead of their player account. Don't do it." Or something like that, hoping he would see the "Hinckley has posted a reply (SHOW)" or whatever it says. Glad it worked! :snicker:

Honestly I thought Tariq had died very early on in the game, because I don't think I saw him post in his Eurobricks account once. 

1 hour ago, Chromeknight said:

Buh-bye h-hippo. I'll miss you!

first, grats to the Hellionz and to Whitby.

to the townies, that one is on me, sorry.

Man, what a ride! I've played a handful of mafia games and somehow, end up deep in the game. I think I described it to the wonderful host Hink as stressful fun.

I hate no pm games! Utterly! I am a talkative player. Very talkative. So I was super frustrated at the end where there was so little to be said.

Youll be able to see from tags I'm in Australia, which meant days often started and ended when I was asleep. On the final day I knew stuff might happen, but couldn't be awake the night, hence the threat of proxy.

then Whitby spoke, I was reading in bed, almost asleep and his pitch made some sense, but by that point I'd've given the win to Sundra if she'd asked. Stymied from lack of discussion and a whole game of being shut out of conversations meant I was clawing the walls wanting it to be over and just sleep.

I'm sorry to Braxton for the slender accusation. Bamboozled by Pierot, though reading the dead board you got dealt a crap hand dude. Props to Leevi, Ember and Brewer who played hard too.

Ah shit I thought you were def.