JK_AFOL

[MOC] Luciano Pavarotti

Hello!

Although the BrickHeadz theme may seem a bit out of date, let me introduce one more built in this style (which I have bent a bit of course) - one of the greatest tenors in history: Luciano Pavarotti.

I will be greatful for all comments :)

Thank you for viewing!

47860826731_b3354542f6_z.jpgPavarotti BH by Krzysztof J, on Flickr

Hehe, nice! Arguably, though, it should be twice as big. He was a large man to begin with and had quite a circumference. ;-) Perhaps you should set his head back by one stud to make this more pronounced. He always kinda looked like he was staring upwards and had his head pushed back. Maybe you can also find a better piece for representing the napkin. I'm thinking a white minifigure ponytail or something like that... I also think he should wear a scarf. In his later years he even wore them on stage quite often.

Mylenium

Edited by Mylenium
Fixed some typos

Perfection! I like the liberties you've taken with the brickheadz form/standards and your resultant creation is spot-on accurate. The open singing mouth is excellent as is making the torso a bit more rotund than the standard brickhead. Fantastic work. Nessun Dorma!

I have a soft spot for Brickheadz and this is a lovely recreation of Pavarotti's appearance. Adorable - great job!

Thank you for your comments!

koalayummies, jimmynick - I'm really glad that you like this work. It's also good to hear that bending the BrickHeadz standards, which I make sometimes, brings good results.

Mylenium - Thank you for your essential comment! It looks you have expert knowledge about Pavarotti. I also make a thorough study of the character I'm about to recreate in the BrickHeadz form. However, I still want this to remain a BrickHead, which makes it necessery to simplify certain elements. It's a kind of balancing between keeping the BH standards and bending them to make the figurine more characteristic. So I try to emphasise the most typical emelments, while some details have to be left out. As regards proportions, I am aware that Pavarotti was probably twice as big. But an inherent feature of this caricature is an unnaturally small torso compared to the head. So, what I actually did was making the torso larger then its usual size, which still means it is out of proportion to the head. But this is intentional. I like however the idea of using the minifig ponytail as the napkin. I had a problem to choose the right part for this purpose. The feather seemed okey, but I also try using the part you suggest.

Wow, really good! He translates to BrickHeadz form surprisingly well. I think part of your success is in Luciano's big forehead and his big black eyes, which obviously look great in Lego form. I can almost see him singing next to a Brickheadz Caballé or a Brickheadz Bono :laugh:

Edited by paupadros

Thank you for your comment paupadros. It's good to know that you like this little creation :) Maybe I will make some more if I find some free time...

I'm not really a BH fan, but this one is just good--it tweaks the pattern just enough that it has more personality, and I would have recognized him without the title. :thumbup:

5 hours ago, rodiziorobs said:

I'm not really a BH fan, but this one is just good--it tweaks the pattern just enough that it has more personality, and I would have recognized him without the title. :thumbup:

On 5/30/2019 at 8:52 AM, deraven said:

Delightful!  I think you've captured his hair especially well.  :classic:

Thank you very much for your comments! I'm really glad you find this character recognizable :)