Sign in to follow this  
Brick Charlie

[MOC] The X-Files: E.B.E. (a LEGO Ideas project)

After releasing Stranger Things LEGO set, the LEGO Ideas team approved a previously not accepted project, which refers to an other popcult-horror theme: The X-Files. Now it is in the voting phase. Let me introduce my latest LEGO Ideas project, the The X-Files: E.B.E.

More pics, details: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/8996ae18-63ef-4976-bb95-55cbceee6d48

The X-Files: E.B.E.

This truck is part of a larger The X-Files layout. It refers to the 17th episode, in what a truck delivers an Extraterrestrial Biological Entity (E.B.E.) from Iraq to Colorado. As there is a witness, special agent Fox Mulder and Dana Scully start their investigation.

The X-Files: E.B.E. - Alien surgery room

In January 2019, I was able to show pictures of the whole layout to the management of David Duchovny. They liked it, so the first plan was the exhibition of the layout on the Budapest concert of David Duchovny. Due to legal issues, we cancelled the exhibit but they invited me to the event. Here is me and David Duchovny. He is holding a classic alien minifigure from my project.

David Duchovny & me

If you like this idea and would like to support it, visit the LEGO Ideas page: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/8996ae18-63ef-4976-bb95-55cbceee6d48

Thank you in advance!

The X-Files: E.B.E. - Figures

I’d hate to bring you some bad news, but Mega Construx has the license for The X-Files. Cool product idea, though!

Cool set idea. I'd be interested in picking it up if it ever was made, although I admit I do think the previous rejected idea of an X-Files Office would be better suited as a set since its one of those things that's instantly recognizable from the show. Still the fact that the X-Files is no longer considered off limits for Lego Ideas is a positive step forward even if another company currently holds the license to the show.

11 hours ago, wesker said:

an X-Files Office would be better suited as a set since its one of those things that's instantly recognizable from the show

Thank you for the feedback. Yes, but my model has more play feature and I prefer that. I think that an "I want to believe" poster printed 2x3 tile would be enough as reference to the office. Maybe I'll do this as an update. :)